Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At what age did you leave home?

Thanos

what'd you do that was so bad?

I got caught up in gang fights my senior year and they expelled everybody involved....My Mom was fed up that the school wouldn't take me back in.

The school board said I can go to any school except the last one....but they won't provide transportation.

That was it for me at my Mom's house. My sister lived in the other side of the county and I was considered a free man at my new High School.

Got pulled over and they found the stem of a broken glass pipe. They busted me for the resin left on it. :doh:

The cop actually complimented me on how nice the pipe looked.

Only time I've come close to being busted - and i've done some dumb ****.

That sucks man... You obviously need to brush up on your rights. I would never let a cop search my car.

That sucks man... You obviously need to brush up on your rights. I would never let a cop search my car.

Sometimes it depends on your neighborhood.

I got pulled over in "RED Zone" and the cops had free reign to search the car. It was mostly for harassment purposes to keep the unwanted out of the community.

Sometimes it depends on your neighborhood.

I got pulled over in "RED Zone" and the cops had free reign to search the car. It was mostly for harassment purposes to keep the unwanted out of the community.

The redzone?? Isn't that against your rights against undue search and seizure? Maybe, someone else could explain but I'd demand a warrant before I'd let the fuzz search my vehicle.

The redzone?? Isn't that against your rights against undue search and seizure? Maybe, someone else could explain but I'd demand a warrant before I'd let the fuzz search my vehicle.

The late 80's and early 90's DC was crazy....if you were observed in a known drug zone they pretty much had free reign on whatever they wanted.....

hoping to find a job, but doubt I'd leave for this year, my parents actually want me to stay. If I get into law school next year, then I still won't consider that "leaving home", even if all my money is coming from student loans and I have my own apartment and whatnot. So if this track works out, hopefully I'll have "left home" by the time I'm 26.

I'm pretty certain they can search the interior of your car for no reason if they want to. They need PC or a warrant to search a locked trunk of glovebox, however.

I'm pretty certain they can search the interior of your car for no reason if they want to. They need PC or a warrant to search a locked trunk of glovebox, however.

Line of sight rule. If they can't see anything then they can't search without your permission. Most people get jumpy and give them permission. If you show the police you know your rights they are 50 times less likely to try and bully you.

What about people like Art, Major Harris, spaceman spiff, and cjcdaman, who are still living with their parents ? How are they supposed to participate in this ?
What is this, a call-out thread?

...As for me, I am moving out in 5 days. I went to college on the other side of the country and I held jobs and paid my own rent through law school, but my parents still paid the tuition. Next Monday, I'm heading out of the house for my own apartment and starting a new job, and it will be financial independence from then on. :)

Archived