Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: Enjoy these Power Rankings

Dirk Diggler

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15062396.htm

PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS

By Paul Domowitch

BOX SEAT: Chat live with Paul Domowitch today at noon Daily News sports writer Paul Domowitch provides his insights into the 2006 NFL season. Which team got better? Which team got worse? And what about the Eagles? (2005 record in parenthesis)

1. Steelers (11-5)

Even without Jerome Bettis and Antwaan Randle-El, they still have enough horses to make another title run.

2. Colts (14-2)

Can Peyton's Place survive the loss of The Edge's 1,500-plus rushing yards? Probably.

3. Panthers (11-5)

DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams should make a terrific 1-2 running punch.

4. Patriots (10-6)

Reports of the Patriots' demise have been greatly exaggerated.

5. Seahawks (13-3)

Bad things have been known to happen to Super Bowl runners-up.

6. Dolphins (9-7)

Nick Saban's team finished '05 strong, winning its last six games.

7. Ravens (6-10)

Brian Billick's perpetual search for a competent QB finally appears to be over.

8. Jaguars (12-4)

Will be tested early, opening the season against Cowboys, Steelers and Colts.

9. Broncos (13-3)

If Javon Walker's knee is right, this will be a tough offense to stop.

10. Bengals (11-5)

Success hinges on Carson Palmer's knee; if he's OK, they're OK.

11. Cowboys (9-7)

Cowboys own the NFC East pole position with the addition of T.O.

12. Eagles (6-10)

Donovan McNabb is the key to a playoff return for the Birds.

13. Bears (11-5)

They have 22 starters back from division-winner that held opponents to a league-best 202 points.

14. NY Giants (11-5)

Pass defense should be better, but how about Eli?

15. Chiefs (10-6)

If defense doesn't improve, Larry Johnson's rushing heroics won't matter.

16. Falcons (8-8)

It's time for Mike Vick to prove he's more than just a quarterback with great legs.

17. Chargers (9-7)

They need more than seven interceptions from their secondary to make the playoffs.

18. Cardinals (5-11)

If the offensive line can keep Kurt Warner standing, they might actually contend for the playoffs.

19. Redskins (10-6)

Additions of Randle-El and Brandon Lloyd should make Santana Moss even more dangerous.

20. Bucs (11-5)

Spent first two draft picks on much-needed offensive-line help.

21. Vikings (9-7)

Only time will tell whether getting rid of Daunte Culpepper was gutsy or foolish.

22. Saints (3-13)

Exit of QB Aaron Brooks will go a long way in reducing Saints' high turnover count.

23. Rams (6-10)

Spent a lot of money and draft picks renovating their 30th-ranked defense.

24. Browns (6-10)

They're getting better, but might not have much to show for it in the treacherous AFC North.

25. Packers (4-12)

Brett Favre should have pushed for a trade.

26. Bills (5-11)

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better in Buffalo.

27. Lions (5-11)

How many losing seasons is it going to take to convince Bill Ford to fire GM Matt Millen?

28. Texans (2-14)

Building a franchise really shouldn't be this difficult.

29. Titans (4-12)

Billy Volek's not as good as Steve McNair, but he is cheaper.

30. Jets (4-12)

Mike Tannenbaum mismanaged the Jets' cap and got promoted to GM. Makes sense to me.

31. Raiders (4-12)

Too many holes, too little time.

32. 49ers (4-12)

There's no place to go but up for a team that finished dead last in offense and defense

If you believe this "IDIOT" !!, I have some "ocean front property" in Arizona that I would love to sell you !!! :laugh:

Yea I'm not sold at all on that 6 game winning streak but they did upgrade at the QB position so that will help.

They needed 4th quarter comebacks(miracle against the Bills) in the home games against the Bills and Jets.

5 of the quarterbacks they faced in that 6 game win streak make me laugh

Kerry Collins J.P. Losman Brooks Bollinger Billy Volek and Matt Cassel :laugh:

But don't forget, Culpepper is still gimpy, the defense is REAL OLD, with exception to the secondary which is REAL YOUNG and they have no true #2 WR outside of Chambers and McMichael. Their O-line is still not that good. Sounds like us last year.

Does anyone besides me have a problem with the Patriots at #4. Seriously, I know we are all uptight about being #19 and other teams ahead of us and everything. But when is the media gonna stop kissing Belichick and the Pats asses. They lost a ton of players, did next to nothing to replace them, picked up garbage, had an average at best draft and lost perhaps their most important franchise player in Vinatieri. If it wasn't for him, the tuck rule would be an afterthought (he hit 2 big kicks in the snow) and 2 SB's may not be tucked away on their shelves.

I'm I the only one who sees the madness in all the sportwriters and media picking the Patriots again? They have them playing the Panthers in the SB on ESPN. Drives me up a frickin wall. How on God's green earth can anyone pick New England this year? Please tell me before I explode.

Maybe we should take this writer and put him on the Lenny P shelf for bias.

Having the Ravens at 7, and the Redskins below the Cardinals at 19 isn't a sign of bias - it's a sign of brain damage. Whatever shelf we put this guy on, make sure it's away from the glue...

Care to explain this? Or point out where I've been on the board just to rile everyone here up? Scour every single one of my posts if you have to. :)

No, no, you clueless Eaglet. The writer of the article (and host of the chat) admitted early on that he rated the Skins #19 because he just likes to rile Snyder up. So your whining about a Skins fan returning the favor is... ironic.

Let me know if you need me to use smaller words or write it in crayon for ya.

No, no, you clueless Eaglet. The writer of the article (and host of the chat) admitted early on that he rated the Skins #19 because he just likes to rile Snyder up. So your whining about a Skins fan returning the favor is... ironic.

Let me know if you need me to use smaller words or write it in crayon for ya.

Maybe you could be a little more sarcastic and condescending next time.

That is all.

Look at some of this BS he spewed (Domo is the guy who did the rankings and Joe is a Redskins fan):

That's really all he could say to back up his opinions. What a jackass!

If you don't know - Domo is the person who replaced Ray Diddinger as the area Hall of Fame vote. I usually think Domo sees things pretty well. NO LONGER DO I BELIEVE THIS !!

Maybe you could be a little more sarcastic and condescending next time.

That is all.

Some people welcome visiting fans, as long as they behave. I usually tolerate them with thinly-disguised disdain. But when I see an Eagles fan -- even on his best behavior -- I see the subhuman scum who broke Chief Zee's leg, booed Santa Claus, and throw batteries at opposing teams. You're part of a fan base that represents everything that is wrong with sports.

So don't cry to me, Eagle boy. I will be more sarcastic and condescending next time. I'm going easy on you.

Psssst, who else did something like that? I guess the Skins are penalized because one of their six wins was road playoff game.

Ravens at #7? :yikes:

That Skins did it against a tougher schedule with an injured qb and other key players out or banged up.With the additions on offense Santana will be better but the team will be worse.Yeah,his rankings make perfect sense.

Archived