Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: Enjoy these Power Rankings

Dirk Diggler

I wrote this back in Feb when the Dolphins were getting alot of hype

"Dolphins 6 games winning streak was against.........

Oakland 4-12 :laugh:

Buffalo 5-11

San Diego 9-7 Only quality win but still not a Playoff team

NY Jets 4-12 :laugh:

Tennessee 4-12 :laugh:

New England 10-6 would have been a quality W in NE wasn't resting starters.

The only win that is impressive is the San Diego win because the Chargers should have been playing hard to make the Playoffs

Interesting post. Do you happen to know the score of those games? How badly did they beat the Chargers?

Interesting post. Do you happen to know the score of those games? How badly did they beat the Chargers?

Are you arguing that beating the Chargers was a quality Win or it wasn't??? :whoknows:

They beat the Chargers on the road 23-21 and San Diego was in the hunt for a playoff spot.The Dolphins were 14 point underdogs according to Vegas and the Chargers were on a 5 game winning streak going into the game.

So that is a quality Win to me and the other 5 Wins weren't impressive to me :2cents:

The scores for you

Nov 27 - at Oakland - W (33-21)

Dec 4 - Buffalo - W (24-23)

Dec 11 - at San Diego - W (23-21)

Dec 18 - N.Y. Jets - W (24-20)

Dec 24 - Tennessee - W (24-10)

Jan 1 - at New England - W (28-26)

Wait a minute how in the hell the sorry A** Ravens ranked 8th you gotta be kiddin me and we're ranked 19th. Let me get this straight a sorry arrogant overrated team like the Ravens who didn't even break 500 gets a higher ranking than a team that was a playoff team made it to the divisional round?

O'kay, I'll buy that :doh: .

Domo is a total homer. I watch him on Daily News Live all the time which is a philly sports talk show on Comcast. Last season he said the skins' would be lucky to win 5 games. I wrote him an e-mail mid season calling him out, and he backtracked saying his revised prediction was 9-7. He never gives us any credit. He's a total dope.

That's just funny - especially the Ravens at #7? That's worse than the Chiefs at 3!

The Dolphins are not going to be that good - I bet the Cards are better. No one from the NFC East in the top 10, absurd. I think this guy was drinking when he did these.

I disagree I think the Dolphins will be good they will win the division. I do not believe the Patriots will be that good. Dolphins win the AFC east hands down.

Look at some of this BS he spewed (Domo is the guy who did the rankings and Joe is a Redskins fan):

Quote:

Domo: Joe, I just like to get under Danny Snyder's skin.

Domo: Joe, the 'Skins defense is going to miss Ryan Clark in a big way. They overpaid for Archuleta, who isn't half the safety Clark is.

That's really all he could say to back up his opinions. What a jackass!

I liked Ryan Clark, but anyone who thinks that Archuleta isn't an upgrade has been smoking too much tobacco from Colombia!

My fellow fans......

All we have to do is send this to Redskins Park, have it blown up and post it all of the players' stalls. I think that would more than solve the problem.

Man, I think they have already seen this type of stuff just gives them a little more fuel.

Are you arguing that beating the Chargers was a quality Win or it wasn't??? :whoknows:

They beat the Chargers on the road 23-21 and San Diego was in the hunt for a playoff spot.The Dolphins were 14 point underdogs according to Vegas and the Chargers were on a 5 game winning streak going into the game.

So that is a quality Win to me and the other 5 Wins weren't impressive to me :2cents:

The scores for you

Nov 27 - at Oakland - W (33-21)

Dec 4 - Buffalo - W (24-23)

Dec 11 - at San Diego - W (23-21)

Dec 18 - N.Y. Jets - W (24-20)

Dec 24 - Tennessee - W (24-10)

Jan 1 - at New England - W (28-26)

Well, sure. Beating a playoff-caliber team on the road is certainly a quality win. I, like you, am only trying to further delve into the question of how good the Dolphins really are/were. How impressive WAS that six game winning streak? It looks like they were winning a lot of squeakers, not that that diminishes the streak. A win is a win. But, it's also true that they weren't blowing teams out of the water (like the Skins).

Looks like the Redskin fan is barely adding anything inciteful. Just there to rile everyone up.

These power rankings are stupid. So is Paul Domowitch. And so is that dumbass Redskin fan.

I couldn't agree more. Domo's prediction is way off outside of the first 6, but then the Redskins fan makes a bigger ***** of himself then Domo did......

The chat is just embrassing to read because the only intellegent thing that I read in the entire discussion was when the ADMIN said they would be taking a few more questions before it closed......

Psssst, who else did something like that? I guess the Skins are penalized because one of their six wins was road playoff game.

Ravens at #7? :yikes:

And we were penalized becuase 2/5 of those teams were in playoff contention while the Dolphins were playing teams that wernt in playoff contention those last 6 games.

I hope you guys are checking out the chat. Looks like more Skins fans than Eagles fans.

In the chat, this might be one of the best quotes ever:

Joe: Lloyd and ARE don't have to be good -- they just have to draw some attention from Moss. Moss and Cooley combined for over 2000 yards last year. They don't need another 1000 yard receiver, they just need someone semi-dangerous opposite Moss. Last year they had no one. And I seriously hope you're putting some money on the Skins to finish last -- I love seeing Eagles fans too broke to buy batteries to throw at Santa.

Anyone know who was posting this?

Well, sure. Beating a playoff-caliber team on the road is certainly a quality win. I, like you, am only trying to further delve into the question of how good the Dolphins really are/were. How impressive WAS that six game winning streak? It looks like they were winning a lot of squeakers, not that that diminishes the streak. A win is a win. But, it's also true that they weren't blowing teams out of the water (like the Skins).

Yea I'm not sold at all on that 6 game winning streak but they did upgrade at the QB position so that will help.

They needed 4th quarter comebacks(miracle against the Bills) in the home games against the Bills and Jets.

5 of the quarterbacks they faced in that 6 game win streak make me laugh

Kerry Collins J.P. Losman Brooks Bollinger Billy Volek and Matt Cassel :laugh:

Can someone please explain why the Ravens are being looked upon as a contender now that they have picked up Steve McNair but Mark Brunell is seen as our liability?

I see them as near mirror images of each other.

Aside from the relative vicinity in the age of the two QB's, there are definitive, across the board differences b/w the Ravens and us. It could be that our upside is too much for any of the pundits to actually acknowledge. The Ravens will be lucky to go 9-7.

I love how the Cards are the "sexy" pick EVERY year and go 6-10 EVERY year....did they acquire Manning along with Edge?????

Not saying we should be top 5 or anything but we havent regressed to the 19th spot.....I guess we shall see. The BUCS at #20?!??!?!?!? That is comical...they are a top 10 team IMHO.

I love how the Cards are the "sexy" pick EVERY year and go 6-10 EVERY year....did they acquire Manning along with Edge?????

Not saying we should be top 5 or anything but we havent regressed to the 19th spot.....I guess we shall see. The BUCS at #20?!??!?!?!? That is comical...they are a top 10 team IMHO.

Actually the Cards have only managed to go 6-10 one year in the last 4. It astounds me that the media came down on Joe Gibbs so hard and has basically given Denny Green a pass. In fact I still hear more criticism about Gibbs than I do Green.

Archived