Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: Enjoy these Power Rankings

Dirk Diggler

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15062396.htm

PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS

By Paul Domowitch

BOX SEAT: Chat live with Paul Domowitch today at noon Daily News sports writer Paul Domowitch provides his insights into the 2006 NFL season. Which team got better? Which team got worse? And what about the Eagles? (2005 record in parenthesis)

1. Steelers (11-5)

Even without Jerome Bettis and Antwaan Randle-El, they still have enough horses to make another title run.

2. Colts (14-2)

Can Peyton's Place survive the loss of The Edge's 1,500-plus rushing yards? Probably.

3. Panthers (11-5)

DeShaun Foster and DeAngelo Williams should make a terrific 1-2 running punch.

4. Patriots (10-6)

Reports of the Patriots' demise have been greatly exaggerated.

5. Seahawks (13-3)

Bad things have been known to happen to Super Bowl runners-up.

6. Dolphins (9-7)

Nick Saban's team finished '05 strong, winning its last six games.

7. Ravens (6-10)

Brian Billick's perpetual search for a competent QB finally appears to be over.

8. Jaguars (12-4)

Will be tested early, opening the season against Cowboys, Steelers and Colts.

9. Broncos (13-3)

If Javon Walker's knee is right, this will be a tough offense to stop.

10. Bengals (11-5)

Success hinges on Carson Palmer's knee; if he's OK, they're OK.

11. Cowboys (9-7)

Cowboys own the NFC East pole position with the addition of T.O.

12. Eagles (6-10)

Donovan McNabb is the key to a playoff return for the Birds.

13. Bears (11-5)

They have 22 starters back from division-winner that held opponents to a league-best 202 points.

14. NY Giants (11-5)

Pass defense should be better, but how about Eli?

15. Chiefs (10-6)

If defense doesn't improve, Larry Johnson's rushing heroics won't matter.

16. Falcons (8-8)

It's time for Mike Vick to prove he's more than just a quarterback with great legs.

17. Chargers (9-7)

They need more than seven interceptions from their secondary to make the playoffs.

18. Cardinals (5-11)

If the offensive line can keep Kurt Warner standing, they might actually contend for the playoffs.

19. Redskins (10-6)

Additions of Randle-El and Brandon Lloyd should make Santana Moss even more dangerous.

20. Bucs (11-5)

Spent first two draft picks on much-needed offensive-line help.

21. Vikings (9-7)

Only time will tell whether getting rid of Daunte Culpepper was gutsy or foolish.

22. Saints (3-13)

Exit of QB Aaron Brooks will go a long way in reducing Saints' high turnover count.

23. Rams (6-10)

Spent a lot of money and draft picks renovating their 30th-ranked defense.

24. Browns (6-10)

They're getting better, but might not have much to show for it in the treacherous AFC North.

25. Packers (4-12)

Brett Favre should have pushed for a trade.

26. Bills (5-11)

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better in Buffalo.

27. Lions (5-11)

How many losing seasons is it going to take to convince Bill Ford to fire GM Matt Millen?

28. Texans (2-14)

Building a franchise really shouldn't be this difficult.

29. Titans (4-12)

Billy Volek's not as good as Steve McNair, but he is cheaper.

30. Jets (4-12)

Mike Tannenbaum mismanaged the Jets' cap and got promoted to GM. Makes sense to me.

31. Raiders (4-12)

Too many holes, too little time.

32. 49ers (4-12)

There's no place to go but up for a team that finished dead last in offense and defense

That's just funny - especially the Ravens at #7? That's worse than the Chiefs at 3!

The Dolphins are not going to be that good - I bet the Cards are better. No one from the NFC East in the top 10, absurd. I think this guy was drinking when he did these.

this guy has no idea what's he's talking about...i refuse to believe the skins are not in the top 10 in the league let alone the top half.

this reminds me of college papers i wrote while i was hungover, rambling nonsense that i thought made sense but upon proofreading realized it was gibrish.

6. Dolphins (9-7)

Psssst, who else did something like that? I guess the Skins are penalized because one of their six wins was road playoff game.

Ravens at #7? :yikes:

Domowitch is having an online chat. Here is the transcript. It is backwards with the beginning at the end.

Kelly: Guess time's up. Thanks, Domo! Love the columns.

Domo: Kelly, Tapeh will be given an opportunity to beat out Parry for the starting FB job

Joe: Kiss my ass, Philthy.

Domo: Mike, sure. Take care.

Kelly: Domo, I think one of the factors in the Iggles' pre-2005 success was the pass and run blocking support created by John Ritchie at FB. Doesn't the front office see this as a void that still needs filling?

Mike: Just no more Power Rankings!!!!

admin: Thanks everybody. That's it for today's live chat, but be sure to check out our other interactive features in the Daily News BOX SEAT: [LINK]

Domo: Chris, thanks.

Joe: Throwing stones? No, we have more class than to throw objects at games.

Mike: Thanks Domo

Chris: Thanks for answering my questions, Paul. Love your articles. Take care.

Mike: and Bucs are 20???

Domo: Joe, you're a Redskins fan. I wouldn't be throwing stones at the Eagles.

Mike: That ranking is ridiculous!!!!!

Joe: Oh yeah, they're losers. No other team choked as often. Not even the Bills. LOSERS.

Mike: After this season we can call them losers

Joe: #19 my ass.

Mike: The Eagles have dominated the division for years until last year, lets not call them losers yet!

Domo: Chris, Stovall's a nice player. I thought the Eagles might draft him. Wide receivers don't generally have a huge first-year impact though, particularly in Tampa, where Chucky Gruden runs the ball more than most West Coast offenses. Stovall's familiarity with the West Coast is a plus for him though. As well as his size.

Mike: Hes getting old, and more fragile

Joe: Do you think the Eagles are losers because they're just a reflection of the greater Philly community?

Mike: Pressure Bledsoe and he looks like crap

Mike: Hit Bledsoe, thats what the Skins proved in their rout of them last year

Joe: Have you guys started a betting pool on how long McNugget will last this year? Can I get week 10 (when the Skins come to town)?

Domo: Mike, the jury is still out on the Cowboys' offensive line. I'm not a big Jason Fabini fan (the new LT). And new LG Kyle Kosier is a journeyman. That will be the key this year. If you're going to beat the Cowboys, you're going to have to find a way to get to Bledsoe.

admin: OK, just a couple more questions and we'll have to wrap this up for today. Thanks for stopping by.

Chris: Paul, do you have any expectations for Tampa's Maurice Stovall?

Mike: The Eagles have fallen behind in a Division that has gotten better each year, with the Eagles diminishing

Joe: Yeah, sure, everyone in the NFC East has problems... except the Eagles. What the *bleep* do they put in your Chunky Soup? Acid?

Chris: I guess we have to wait and see.

Domo: Do you guys read the newspaper?

Joe: The Redskins swept the Eagles last year, and the Redskins are better this year. It's July, so you can keep pretending, but the season's gonna be ugly for you clowns.

Mike: And the C-girls have serious problems on o-line

Domo: Chris, Lito probably has more pure talent, but Sheldon, in my opinion, is a better, more consistent player.

Chris: 2003. They won the NFC in 2004.

Mike: Ahead of the Redskins, i dont think so.

Mike: Ahead of the Giants?? i dont think so

Joe: When was the last time the Eagles blew a conference championship and failed to reach the Superbowl?

Mike: Like 12

Mike: Where are the Eagles???

Domo: Walt, McNabb's 30. NFL players can become unrestricted free agents after four years. What's the point in grooming an heir apparent now for a guy they hope to keep around for another 7-8 years.

Mike: They are severely underrated with Al Saunders and now with Pass rushing Carter on defense

Joe: Yeah, Skins overrated at #19. Right... I'd say the Skins should put in on their bulletin board, but it would just make them laugh.

Steve: Sheldon > Lito

Steve: HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

Chris: Paul, who do you think is better: Shelden Brown or Lito?

Domo: Chris, 1867.

Mike: But to say the Redskins are overated when they are ranked 19 by Domo is ridiculous

Domo: Walt, possibly. One thing they need to do is cut down on the blown coverages.

Joe: Go dust out that trophy case, boys. It's lonely in there.

Mike: That they sucked without Gibbs? cus they did

Walt: When is Reid going to start bringing along the heir apparent to mcnabb? Could a different qb be more effective in this offense when mcnabb is done in 2 years?

Joe: The Eagles have a soft early schedule, but the end is murderers row. Looks like all the little Eagles fans will get all excited... and then get crushed again when reality strikes. When's the last time the Eagles won a Superbowl?

Mike: whats the point on the Redskins?

Steve: Before Gibbs came back the only made it to the playoffs once.

Mike: 1999

Domo: Chris, I think Childress will do all right. He left himself out there by getting rid of Culpepper. But he wants a QB who doesn't turn the football over. He'll get that from Johnson, for at least a year. And expect the Vikes to run the ball a lot more than the Eagles did.

Chris: When's the last time the Redskins won a division title?

Mike: remember when the ravens found their "quaterback" in aging Elvis Grbec. How did that work out. And this Ravens team is 10x worse than that in 2001!!

admin: OK, just a note that we got about 10 minutes left.

Domo: Steve, yep.

Mike: Good one Joe

Domo: Sorry, that's AFC North

Walt: DB's are much more effective when they aren't on the field 40 minutes a game, dawkins and co. should be back to pro bowl form this year

Domo: Mikey, chill, babe. I think the Cardinals have a chance to be a playoff contender this year with the addition of James. And now that Brian Billick finally has a quarterback, well, the Ravens could beat both the Steelers and the Bengals for the NFC North title.

Joe: People overestimate the 11-5 Giants and 10-6 Redskins, but the 6-10 Eagles at #12 is accurate? I think you're drinking your battery juice instead of throwing them.

Chris: Domo, how do you think Childress will do in his first season?

Mike: Putting homer tendecies aside, you really think the Eagles have improved THAT much from last year? They have no recievers or DB's.

Steve: I think people over-estimate the Giants and Redskins.

Domo: Louie, L.J. was on an 80-catch pace last year, but became the forgotten man when McMahon replaced McNabb, which was ironic considering they both went to Rutgers. I'm really anxious to see how Reid uses both Smith and Schobel together this year.

Joe: Oh yeah, it's tougher than the AFC West. Unless you expect the Eagles to be the 4-12 Raiders for us.

Steve: The NFC East tougher then the AFC West?

Joe: How much do you think the Eagles perennial bridesmaid status killed their will to live? Do you think they rolled over and died last year after the years of disappointment? How many decades do you think it will take for them to the recover? They're like a pathetic version of the Bills, right?

Domo: The NFC East probably is going to be the toughest division in football this year. Every game is going to be a slugfest. It's very possible you could see the four teams all with 3-3 division records when it's over. The downside is that no team in the division will probably have a good enough record to win homefield advantage in the playoffs. I really think the division winner is only going to have 10 wins.

Mike: Dude, are you on the pipe? You have both the Redskins and Bucs at 19 and 20 respectively in your power rankings, witht the Cards ahead of them and the Ravens at #7. What are you thinkning????

Steve: Paul, what about the fullback situation? Are we staying with Josh Perry the whole season?

Louie: What do you expect from LJ Smith? Seems like he shows potential one game and disappears the next.

Domo: Chris, Jim Johnson hopes so. It was impossible to tell about him last year because he didn't know the defense well enough to ever get on the field. He knows it now and will be given every opportunity to win the weakside job in camp, because Johnson would prefer to just use Barber in their two-linebacker nickel packages.

PJ: Sounds good! Do you think the Eagles have a chance to split with the other teams in the East? Or should we expect to lose both to the Giants, Skins or Cowgirls?

Joe: True, what was I thinking? Eagles fans buying batteries when they can use their five-finger discount? That's Philly, baby. That's Philly.

Domo: PJ,they should be able to get Bunkley in. Biggest problem right now is the Eagles start camp a week earlier than everybody else because of the HOF game and there's only one other first-rounder signed.

Joe: The Skins aren't scary? They you aren't paying attention. That head-hunting defense is punishing. And the offense, which was plain-vanilla last year, is much improved. Remember, plain vanilla was good enough to beat the Eagles twice.

Chris: Will this season be the coming out party for Matt McCoy, Paul?

Rich: No I didn't want to give him any money so I won't buy it.

Domo: Joe, if they don't have the money to buy batteries, they can always steal them.

Chris: Neither are the Redskins, Joe.

Joe: Tiki has gotten better every year. I'm not betting against him. I think he's their one true star. Manning doesn't show signs of developing into the kind of QB -- or leader -- that his brother is. And the drama on defense is funny. Adding Lavar to the mix makes them dangerous -- to either makes big plays or blow them. The Giants ain't that scary.

Domo: Rich, if you've read the book, the only people T.O. hates more than his quarterbacks is the media.

PJ: Domo, Are they having problems with signing Bunkley? Or it is the usual 1st round stuff?

Domo: Joe, with respect to the Giants, I'm not as impressed as a lot of people with the defensive improvements they made. And Manning, we'll see. A 52.8 completion percentage when you've got the receivers he had last year.....plus, sooner or later 32-year-old Tiki is going to become mortal.

admin: Here's the story Rich and Paul are talking about: [LINK]

Joe: Lloyd and ARE don't have to be good -- they just have to draw some attention from Moss. Moss and Cooley combined for over 2000 yards last year. They don't need another 1000 yard receiver, they just need someone semi-dangerous opposite Moss. Last year they had no one. And I seriously hope you're putting some money on the Skins to finish last -- I love seeing Eagles fans too broke to buy batteries to throw at Santa.

Rich: Paul, I meant to say I read it in your story. With all this TO book crap, i was curious if you ever had any dealings with him, good or bad.

Freddie: Where are all the Eagles fans in here?

Domo: Joe, let's wait and see what kind of impact Lloyd and Randle-El actually have in that offense. A lot of noise was made when they signed David Patten too. And we saw how that worked out.

Steve: Redskins will win the division if they only pass the ball 15 times a game. Their recievers don't impress me much outside of Santana. Llyod and Randel El are over-rated. They didn't put enough pressure on the ball. And gave Archuleta and Randel El HUGE contracts. 'Skins will finish at the bottom of the NFC East this year!

Joe: Gee, the first Ryan Clark fan. Look, he was serviceable, but don't confuse Clark with an all-pro. Snyder overpaid for Archuleta, but he's an upgrade if he stays healthy.

Domo: Rich, you read it in my story. Yeah, he was a bit tentative in picking up the defense. But again, he's a DT. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to play the position.

Joe: Yeah, I think the Giants could be the surprise -- they've got all that gay Strahan drama, the wild-armed Manning, and everyone whining about how tough Coughlin is. Here's hoping they implode like the Eagles did last year.

Domo: Joe, the 'Skins defense is going to miss Ryan Clark in a big way. They overpaid for Archuleta, who isn't half the safety Clark is.

Louie: What do you expect from LJ Smith? Seems like he shows potential one game and disappears the next.

Joe: Besides, do the Redskins really need a better defense? Their offense just got a lot more explosive with some receiving options for Brunell (provided Brunell has some gas left in the tank).

Domo: Joe, it certainly could happen that way. The NFC East team that I think could take a tumble this year is the Giants.

Joe: Yeah, only 35 sacks... and still had the 9th best defense in the league. Now add some pass rush, and that doesn't scare you?

Domo: Bill, yes, they hope to re-sign Lewis at some point. As well as Rod Hood, who has turned into the best nickel in the league. But Hood wants to be a starter somewhere.

Joe: I rank the East this way: Skins, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles. Even with some Donovan heroics, that's top-to-bottom the toughest division in football, and the Eagles will struggle.

Domo: Joe, your Redskins had just 35 freaking sacks last year. I think you're counting a little too much on the underachieving Carter.

Domo: Steve, Quinn didn't come out this year. But he'll likely be the No. 1 pick next year. The Niners can take him then.

Joe: Worst ranking I've ever seen. The Cowboys on top of the East? Yeah, sure, and Drew Bledsoe is Joe Montana. How's he going to throw to TO from his back? I bet Tuna and TO have a sideline wrestling match by week three.

Domo: Joe, I just like to get under Danny Snyder's skin.

Bill: Will the Eagles try to re-sign Mike Lewis after they get Dawkins done to keep the secondary together since Lito and Sheldon have long deals.

Domo: As a kickoff guy, yes, if the his leg holds up.

Steve: It's a shame the Niners drafted Alex Smith a few years ago. This year they missed out on two future hall of famers, Leinart and Quinn.

Domo: Brendan, they didn't have a lot of talent to begin with and they let a lot of it walk in the offseason. Namely LB Julian Peterson, DE Andre Carter and WR Brandon Lloyd. Plus, I'm not a big Alex Smith fan. I don't think he's ever going to be a legit NFL starter.

Joe: The Redskins at 19th? I hope the Eagles don't take them as lightly as you do, or it'll be another sweep by Gibbs. How in the world do you conclude that the Skins got that much worse in the offseason when they fixed their glaring holes at receiver and added a pass rusher? You seem... deluded.

Chris: Domo, isn't J.R. Reed back in the picture for the return game?

Brendan: are the 49ers really THAT bad? they are 32nd with you and everybody. any hope?

Domo: Freddie, they drafted Jeremy Bloom, who they hope will be their punt return man.

Louie: I'm concerned about the return game. Reno Mahe had good stats, but there just seems to be no threat back there to break one.

Domo: Andrews has done a good job with his weight. He admitted that he had trouble even getting into his stance last year. I think he can be a dominating player. It will be interesting to see if the Eagles eventually move him outside in a couple of years when Runyan leaves, or leave him where he is.

Domo: Joey, it's Andy's offensive show and the offensive philosophy will be dictated by him. But if you check Mornhinweg's background to when he was the offensive chief at San Fran when they had T.O. and Rice, they still ran the ball a lot. So.....

Steve: Paul, I heard Shawn Andrews lost a lot of weight this off-season is this true and do you think he will become a Pro Browler?

Domo: Freddie, they're going to give rookie Chris Gocong every chance to win the starting strongside job, but that's probably asking a lot. Jim Johnson also likes Greg Richmond. In a division with as much tight end strength as the NFC East, the Eagles cannot afford to leave Dhani at SLB.

Joey: Speaking of the run-pass balance, what impact will the new offensive coordinator have?

Domo: The addition of Schobel gives them the capability to put two tight ends out there at the same time who can run and can catch the ball. Then there's the uniqueness of Westbrook, who will be all over the formation. You've got to take those things into account when you look at the Eagles' passing game, not just the wideouts.

Domo: John, with the exception of the first half of last year, Reid has been a 58-42 guy. Expect the same this year. This is always going to be a psss-first offense.

Freddie: What about Dhani Jones? Tell me the Eagles have someone who can take that linebacker position from him.

Domo: They're not expecting anything from Buckhalter. Reid says he plans to run Westbrook more inside this year. As for a short-yardage guy, that role could go to 6-1, 243-pound Thomas Tapeh, who appears to be recovered from the dislocated hip that sidelined him all of last year.

Steve: I'm pretty sure nobody is sure about Pinky. Think these guys can take pressure off McNabb and the running game though Paul?

Domo: Steve, let's give them a chance. Do they have a difference-maker like Owens? No. But they've got six guys on the roster who's caught at least 43 passes in a season. I liked what I saw of Brown. Gaffney has a chance to be successful in this offense. Lewis is back where he belongs as a No. 3 or 4. The guy I'm not sure about is Pinkston.

john: Speaking of running backs, do you think the Eagles will run more than 30% of the time this season?

Bill: Are the Eagles relying too much on the idea that Correll Buckhalter will be able to come back? Don't they still need a bigger back?

Steve: And can this group of Eagles' WRs be worse then Charles Johnson and Torrence Small?

Domo: Steve. They're high on Gocong. He's big, athletic and smart. But he's a Division 1-AA player being asked to switch from DE to SLB in a very complex defensive scheme. That's asking a lot.

Domo: Jackson's got the upper hand on Fraley. Fraley's an overachiever. Jackson's stronger and more athletic and played pretty well in his eight starts last season. Eagles must counter those blitzes that came through the middle last year.

Steve: Really? Avant? That suprises me. I'm hearing a lot of great things about Chris Gocong.

Domo: John. The pass rush. They've got to be able to get pressure on the QB or the secondary will get roasted again.

Chris: Domo, who has the edge to win the center spot for the Eagles?

john: What is the key to the defense improving this season?

Domo: Steve, for the Eagles? Avant. I think the kid's got a chance to be a decent player.

Domo: John. Yeah, if they stay reasonably healthy and the QB has his head on straight.

Steve: I'm hanging in there. Who is your sleeper pick this year?

Domo: Steve: Doing great. How 'bout you?

Steve: Who is your sleeper pick this year?

john: Paul, do you really think the Eagles have done enough to pass both the Giants and Skins?

Steve: Hey Paulie D. How are you doing?

Domo: You're online with NostraDOMOs. What's on your mind?

Joe: Kiss my ass, Philthy.

Joe: Throwing stones? No, we have more class than to throw objects at games.

Domo: Joe, you're a Redskins fan. I wouldn't be throwing stones at the Eagles.

Mike: That ranking is ridiculous!!!!!

Joe: Oh yeah, they're losers. No other team choked as often. Not even the Bills. LOSERS.

Mike: After this season we can call them losers

Joe: #19 my ass.

Mike: The Eagles have dominated the division for years until last year, lets not call them losers yet!

Joe: Do you think the Eagles are losers because they're just a reflection of the greater Philly community?

Mike: Hit Bledsoe, thats what the Skins proved in their rout of them last year

Joe: Have you guys started a betting pool on how long McNugget will last this year? Can I get week 10 (when the Skins come to town)?

Mike: The Eagles have fallen behind in a Division that has gotten better each year, with the Eagles diminishing

Joe: Yeah, sure, everyone in the NFC East has problems... except the Eagles. What the *bleep* do they put in your Chunky Soup? Acid?

Joe: The Redskins swept the Eagles last year, and the Redskins are better this year. It's July, so you can keep pretending, but the season's gonna be ugly for you clowns.

Chris: 2003. They won the NFC in 2004.

Mike: Ahead of the Redskins, i dont think so.

Mike: Ahead of the Giants?? i dont think so

Joe: When was the last time the Eagles blew a conference championship and failed to reach the Superbowl?

Mike: Like 12

Mike: Where are the Eagles???

Mike: They are severely underrated with Al Saunders and now with Pass rushing Carter on defense

Joe: Yeah, Skins overrated at #19. Right... I'd say the Skins should put in on their bulletin board, but it would just make them laugh.

Mike: But to say the Redskins are overated when they are ranked 19 by Domo is ridiculous

Joe: Go dust out that trophy case, boys. It's lonely in there.

Mike: That they sucked without Gibbs? cus they did

Joe: The Eagles have a soft early schedule, but the end is murderers row. Looks like all the little Eagles fans will get all excited... and then get crushed again when reality strikes. When's the last time the Eagles won a Superbowl?

Mike: whats the point on the Redskins?

Steve: Before Gibbs came back the only made it to the playoffs once.

Mike: 1999

Chris: When's the last time the Redskins won a division title?

Mike: Good one Joe

Joe: People overestimate the 11-5 Giants and 10-6 Redskins, but the 6-10 Eagles at #12 is accurate? I think you're drinking your battery juice instead of throwing them.

Mike: Putting homer tendecies aside, you really think the Eagles have improved THAT much from last year? They have no recievers or DB's.

Steve: I think people over-estimate the Giants and Redskins.

Joe: Oh yeah, it's tougher than the AFC West. Unless you expect the Eagles to be the 4-12 Raiders for us.

Steve: The NFC East tougher then the AFC West?

Joe: How much do you think the Eagles perennial bridesmaid status killed their will to live? Do you think they rolled over and died last year after the years of disappointment? How many decades do you think it will take for them to the recover? They're like a pathetic version of the Bills, right?

Domo: The NFC East probably is going to be the toughest division in football this year. Every game is going to be a slugfest. It's very possible you could see the four teams all with 3-3 division records when it's over. The downside is that no team in the division will probably have a good enough record to win homefield advantage in the playoffs. I really think the division winner is only going to have 10 wins.

Mike: Dude, are you on the pipe? You have both the Redskins and Bucs at 19 and 20 respectively in your power rankings, witht the Cards ahead of them and the Ravens at #7. What are you thinkning????

PJ: Sounds good! Do you think the Eagles have a chance to split with the other teams in the East? Or should we expect to lose both to the Giants, Skins or Cowgirls?

Joe: True, what was I thinking? Eagles fans buying batteries when they can use their five-finger discount? That's Philly, baby. That's Philly.

Joe: The Skins aren't scary? They you aren't paying attention. That head-hunting defense is punishing. And the offense, which was plain-vanilla last year, is much improved. Remember, plain vanilla was good enough to beat the Eagles twice.

Domo: Joe, if they don't have the money to buy batteries, they can always steal them.

Chris: Neither are the Redskins, Joe.

Joe: Lloyd and ARE don't have to be good -- they just have to draw some attention from Moss. Moss and Cooley combined for over 2000 yards last year. They don't need another 1000 yard receiver, they just need someone semi-dangerous opposite Moss. Last year they had no one. And I seriously hope you're putting some money on the Skins to finish last -- I love seeing Eagles fans too broke to buy batteries to throw at Santa.

Freddie: Where are all the Eagles fans in here?

Domo: Joe, let's wait and see what kind of impact Lloyd and Randle-El actually have in that offense. A lot of noise was made when they signed David Patten too. And we saw how that worked out.

Steve: Redskins will win the division if they only pass the ball 15 times a game. Their recievers don't impress me much outside of Santana. Llyod and Randel El are over-rated. They didn't put enough pressure on the ball. And gave Archuleta and Randel El HUGE contracts. 'Skins will finish at the bottom of the NFC East this year!

Joe: Gee, the first Ryan Clark fan. Look, he was serviceable, but don't confuse Clark with an all-pro. Snyder overpaid for Archuleta, but he's an upgrade if he stays healthy.

Joe: Yeah, I think the Giants could be the surprise -- they've got all that gay Strahan drama, the wild-armed Manning, and everyone whining about how tough Coughlin is. Here's hoping they implode like the Eagles did last year.

Domo: Joe, the 'Skins defense is going to miss Ryan Clark in a big way. They overpaid for Archuleta, who isn't half the safety Clark is.

Joe: Besides, do the Redskins really need a better defense? Their offense just got a lot more explosive with some receiving options for Brunell (provided Brunell has some gas left in the tank).

Domo: Joe, it certainly could happen that way. The NFC East team that I think could take a tumble this year is the Giants.

Joe: Yeah, only 35 sacks... and still had the 9th best defense in the league. Now add some pass rush, and that doesn't scare you?

Joe: I rank the East this way: Skins, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles. Even with some Donovan heroics, that's top-to-bottom the toughest division in football, and the Eagles will struggle.

Domo: Joe, your Redskins had just 35 freaking sacks last year. I think you're counting a little too much on the underachieving Carter.

Joe: Worst ranking I've ever seen. The Cowboys on top of the East? Yeah, sure, and Drew Bledsoe is Joe Montana. How's he going to throw to TO from his back? I bet Tuna and TO have a sideline wrestling match by week three.

Joe: The Redskins at 19th? I hope the Eagles don't take them as lightly as you do, or it'll be another sweep by Gibbs. How in the world do you conclude that the Skins got that much worse in the offseason when they fixed their glaring holes at receiver and added a pass rusher? You seem... deluded.

That's gold.

Look at some of this BS he spewed (Domo is the guy who did the rankings and Joe is a Redskins fan):

That's really all he could say to back up his opinions. What a jackass!

6. Dolphins (9-7)

Hmm.....as did we, AND we got into the playoffs, AND our divisional record was 5-1. And we beat Tampa at Tampa in the wildcard.

But still, theyve got culpepper, so there obv better.

I wrote this back in Feb when the Dolphins were getting alot of hype

"Dolphins 6 games winning streak was against.........

Oakland 4-12 :laugh:

Buffalo 5-11

San Diego 9-7 Only quality win but still not a Playoff team

NY Jets 4-12 :laugh:

Tennessee 4-12 :laugh:

New England 10-6 would have been a quality W in NE wasn't resting starters.

The only win that is impressive is the San Diego win because the Chargers should have been playing hard to make the Playoffs

Archived