Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

First time Cerrone's been finished with strikes.

I'd give Pettis the shot over Melendez to be honest.

---------- Post added January-26th-2013 at 09:22 PM ----------

Glover did what just about everyone expected him to do.

He has some holes he needs to clean up before he's ready to challenge Jones though.

Edited by StillUnknown

I severely underrated Dodson. Not only does he have rare power for the division, but he's more technical than usual tonight.

---------- Post added January-26th-2013 at 09:59 PM ----------

I have Dodson up 30-27

---------- Post added January-26th-2013 at 10:07 PM ----------

Scores are all over the map on twitter for this fight

I have it 39-36 Dodson after 4

---------- Post added January-26th-2013 at 10:13 PM ----------

Mighty Mouse clearly dominated the last 2 rounds.

I think round 3 will be the swing round.

I have Dodson winning 48-47 because I scored the first 3 for him, but who knows.

I had Dodson winning the first two rounds. I gave the last three rounds to mighty mouse.

The 2nd time I watched it, I scored the 3rd for Mighty Mouse as well. Shame that Dodson ran out of gas, he was a lot more competitive in the first two rounds than I thought he would be. Its a shallow division, he'll get another title shot in short order.

On a side note, 156 on Saturday is a ridiculously stacked card. I am genuinely excited to see every fight on the main card, I can't remember the last time that happened for an event.

Edited by StillUnknown

The 2nd time I watched it, I scored the 3rd for Mighty Mouse as well. Shame that Dodson ran out of gas, he was a lot more competitive in the first two rounds than I thought he would be. Its a shallow division, he'll get another title shot in short order.

On a side note, 156 on Saturday is a ridiculously stacked card. I am genuinely excited to see every fight on the main card, I can't remember the last time that happened for an event.

This usually means the card will disappoint. :ols: I swear its only the cards that lack big names that seem to deliver insanely good fights (from a spectator perspective).

I wanted Dodson to win.

I have a lot of respect towards Franke Edgar but Jose Aldo is knocking his face off. Frankie has never fought anyone faster then him. I think Jose outclasses easily.

Can't wait for this one, the main card really is stacked from top to bottom. 157 and 158 aren't too shabby either. Actually, looking at the schedule there's pretty much good MMA clear into May. Thank god it decided to show up right after football season.

I wanted Dodson to win.

I have a lot of respect towards Franke Edgar but Jose Aldo is knocking his face off. Frankie has never fought anyone faster then him. I think Jose outclasses easily.

I want to agree with you but I've learned not to count Edgar out so easily.

Very nice:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/31/3939412/official-ufc-rankings-fighters-introduced-feb-2013-pound-for-pound-dana-white

Official UFC rankings for fighters to be introduced in Feb. 2013

20120707_mjr_su5_048.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Better late than never: UFC today announced that it has teamed up with FightMetric to compile official fighter rankings in each division, as well as to establish the mixed martial arts (MMA) pound-for-pound king.

Who is in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) title chase "mix" and who still needs to put in more work inside the Octagon to earn consideration?

Mixed martial arts (MMA) fans, as well as the current fighters on the roster, might now get a better idea of the contender pecking order with news that UFC has teamed up with FightMetric to establish an official ranking system.

"UFC Fighter Rankings are a great tool for new and existing fans alike to learn and better keep up with the fast pace of the UFC," said UFC President Dana White in a press release. "We always look for opportunities to engage fans and media, allowing them to connect and voice their opinions, and this just one more way of doing that."

According to the release, FightMetric will poll opinions from about 90 MMA media members worldwide. Rankings -- by division and pound-for-pound -- will be updated after each event, with media members voting immediately after they conclude. Fight fans will be able to see the up-to-date rankings, which will be integrated into upcoming live broadcasts, about 24 hours later on UFC.com.

Champions will not be ranked in their respective divisions; however, they can -- and most likely will -- receive votes in the pound-for-pound category.

Official UFC rankings, which are expected to roll out as soon as Feb. 2013, will be featured right here. Once they're posted, be sure to compare them with those of the SB Nation MMA triumvirate, which you can peep right here.

My picks...

Jon Fitch vs. Damian Maia- Who cares. It's going the distance and it will be a snoozer.

Alistair Overeem vs. Bigfoot- I think it will be closer than most think. Reem doesn't like to get hit so unless he comes right out and does what he did vs. Lesnar, this one will go 2 or 3 rounds. Also- The last time Silva fought someone considered "invincible" (Fedor- yes he had already been beaten but he hadn't been beaten up) he came ready and aggressive. I wonder if fear will help Bigfoot tonight. I'm going with Reem anyway.

Rashad Evans vs. Lil' Nog- Rogerio has not impressed in a while. Rashad is so consistent. I think we will see a (T)KO tonight as Evans will want to stay away from submission territory. He will make his speed work for him. Rashad Evans will finish him with strikes.

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar- If Aldo gets on Edgar early like Gray Maynard did, he will do what Gray could not- "finish hiiiim." However, I can also see a scenario where he does have Frankie in trouble early and the iron heart of Edgar comes back and wins it. Tough call here. I'm going with Edgar, who has really earned my fanship even though I hated him for putting my man BJ Penn in cobwebs. Split decision.

Edited by Chachie

Benavidez over McCall: Team Alpha Male usually dominates as long as a title is not involved.

Maia over Fitch by Submission: Fitch could make this easy if he uses his wrestling in reverse to keep it standing, but part of me thinks he won't mind going to the ground. Erik Silva put Fitch in some bad spots on the ground, if those same opportunities occur in this fight, Maia will finish him.

Overeem over Bigfoot by (T)KO: Usually when Bigfoot steps up to elite competition, he not only loses, he tends to get annihilated.

Rashad over Lil Nog by Unanimous Decision: Rashad is just better at just about everything. Nog has the edge in jiu-jitsu, but Rashad has a pretty good defensive ground game. Nog's only been stopped once, so I think he'll be durable enough to see the final bell, but I expect Rashad to win pretty easily. Some talk out there that Rashad might drop to 185 to fight Anderson if he wins.

Aldo over Edgar by (T)KO: This is a really hard fight to pick, both guys have multiple ways to win. Aldo's layoff concerns me a bit, but I'm also concerned about the amount of damage Edgar has received his last 3 or 4 fights. Obviously, Edgar's best chance is to take Edgar deep in the fight and drown him in the later rounds. Edgar's striking combo's combined with his chain wrestling should present a different dynamic than anything Aldo has faced thus far. The one thing I can't shake is how successful Benson was at leg kicking Edgar, if Edgar doesn't have an answer for that he's in for a painful night. Aldo is a killer, if he hurts you, you usually don't get a reprieve. I think he catches Edgar and finishes him.

Edited by StillUnknown

Aldo over Edgar via 1st Round KO. I like Frankie via decision, but I think Aldo will catch Frankie early, and finish him - unlike Gray Maynard could. Aldo knee.

Rashad over Lil Nog via decision. Classic matchup, two legendary guys on extremely different paths meet up. Hope the fight exceeds my expectations, because I see an even battle with Rashad landing a few more shots and securing some takedowns. If either gets finished I'll be surprised.

Overeem will KO Bigfoot in under 2 minutes. There's always the question about Reem's ability to take shots, so I expect a blitz from Bigfoot. Todd Duffee part II.

Fitch over Maia via decision. I think K1 Fitch keeps it standing and advances to the K1 GP Quarterfinals. He might be confident enough with his sub defense to camp in Maia's guard, but the point is he should be able to decide where the fight goes.

Benevidez over McCall via close decision.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll