Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

No, I like Mousasi a lot actually, I hope he comes over to the UFC too. I also failed to mention Josh Barnett, but I'm assuming that the UFC will give him a contract.

I wouldn't be so sure. I used to like Barnett a lot, but he is sounding very pompous lately. I am skeptical of whether he ends up in the UFC or not. In his post fight interview the other night, he was talking about all of the other heavyweights outside Zuffa...who is that exactly? Bellator's heavyweight champ quit to work a 9-5 job and they did not have much of a division in the first place. Maybe Arlovski, Brett Rogers?

It just seems like he is already making excuses for not going to the UFC. Then again, maybe he is trying to build some leverage. But he is not the same fighter he was a few years ago and does not have the same drawing power. A few losses and a few PED suspensions will do that.

I would put the chances at 50/50 for Barnett to make any more UFC appearances. I think he could just as likely head back to Japan and do some pro wrestling and have some scattered MMA fights in smaller promotions.

Free agent Josh Barnett: The right deal is needed to make me exclusive to UFC

by Steven Marrocco on Jan 14, 2013 at 1:50 pm ET

Entering into a free-agency period before his next contract, Josh Barnett wants to mix fighting with other pursuits.

"It would take the right kind of deal to get me to be locked into some place entirely and exclusively," he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/free-agent-josh-barnett-the-right-deal-is-needed-to-make-me-exclusive-to-ufc

UFC Reveals List of Strikeforce Fighters Making Jump to Octagon

Full List of Strikeforce Fighters Joining the UFC

Heavyweight

Daniel Cormier

Light Heavyweight

Gegard Mousasi

Gian Villante

Middleweight

Luke Rockhold

Ronaldo Souza

Tim Kennedy

Lorenz Larkin

Roger Gracie

Welterweight

Tarec Saffiedine

Nate Marquardt

Roger Bowling

Jason High

Bobby Voelker

Lightweight

Gilbert Melendez

Josh Thomson

Pat Healy

Ryan Couture

K.J. Noons

Kurt Holobaugh

Adriano Martins

No Josh Barnett, but other than that, WOW this is awesome. Middleweight just became one of, if not THE deepest division.

I think Mousasi is going to have a lot of trouble in the UFC.

I think Mousasi is going to have a lot of trouble in the UFC.

Yeah, I saw that list, and its pretty exciting.

As for Mousasi, I don't know. I think he was cruising there for a little while and it showed in his performance. But I read an interview where he essentialy said that he was really excited about the possibility of fighting in the UFC and that it had rejuvenated him. Like Patrick says, his wrestling has improved. It is still his biggest weakness, but it is better. I really don't know what to expect from Mousasi, but like a lot of these Strikeforce guys, I am excited to see some of the potential matchups and what he can do against some better competition.

No doubt Mousasi is a UFC level fighter, this has been a long time coming. But against that slew of LHWs, I can see him having a losing record in the UFC. Hope he proves me wrong. Wonder if they'll give him a big name, maybe someone with a name who isn't as sharp as they once were. Forrest? Shogun? Shogun blocks punches with his titanium face these days. Would be a great fight and a fun intro for Mousasi, win or lose.

I think they should ease him in gently. The LHWs are bad mother****ers. How about Ryan Bader...

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

No doubt Mousasi is a UFC level fighter, this has been a long time coming. But against that slew of LHWs, I can see him having a losing record in the UFC. Hope he proves me wrong. Wonder if they'll give him a big name, maybe someone with a name who isn't as sharp as they once were. Forrest? Shogun? Shogun blocks punches with his titanium face these days. Would be a great fight and a fun intro for Mousasi, win or lose.

I think they should ease him in gently. The LHWs are bad mother****ers. How about Ryan Bader...

Bader's not a bad opponent at all. Gives a chance to see if Mousasi has improved his takedown defense.

UFC Reveals List of Strikeforce Fighters Making Jump to Octagon

Full List of Strikeforce Fighters Joining the UFC

Middleweight

Luke Rockhold

Ronaldo Souza

Tim Kennedy

Lorenz Larkin

Roger Gracie

Middleweight just became one of, if not THE deepest division.

C.

That is until Anderson makes them look like amateurs & people will go back to (incorrectly) thinking MW is one of the weaker divisions of the UFC.

At least now it looks like Silva might actually have compelling fights for that entire 10 fight contract he supposedly signed. Before these SF guys came over, Anderson really only had 2, maybe 3 fights @ 185 with the current guys on the roster, now maybe 5 or 6. That's not including the 2 super fights- I think only 1 happens- and any guys who under the radar who may make a run.

I'm glad, now the chance of Anderson fighting Roy Jones Jr or Bob Sapp in an open weight fight in Japan are far less likely to happen.

Man I hope Bisping wins, not cause I'm a big fan but because I want to see what Anderson would do to him, and I really have no interest in seeing Silva Belfort 2, or even listen to Belfort whine about not getting a title shot.

Mousasi is like another Penn in the fact that he is extremely gifted and talented, and for awhile was able to get by on that alone, but once the level of competition increased and he was going against guys that put the work in during training, he would come off as lazy and uninterested during fights.

He said in his latest interview that it took some growing up and better understanding of what it means to actually train for fights to bring the best out of him.

I hope he has turned that corner.

^

Fabr%C3%ADcio-Werdum-x-Fedor.jpg

Think I'm going to take Rothwell by soultaker G&P

brendan-schaub-vs-ben-rothwell-captures-soul.gif

And either Belfort via Dan Henderson or Bisping via chopping Vitor down diligently. I think Vitor knocks his head off.

On another note, UFC 156 on Feb 2nd is AWESOME.

Aldo vs. Edgar

Lil Nog vs. Rashad

Reem vs. Bigfoot

Fitch vs. Maia

Benavidez vs. McCall

:applause:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/19/3893892/ufc-on-fuel-tv-9-alexander-gustafsson-vs-gegard-mousasi-mma-news

Ariel Helwani and Swedish web site Kimura.se are reporting that UFC Light Heavyweight Alexander Gustafsson will welcome ex-Strikeforce champ Gegard Mousasi to the UFC at UFC on Fuel TV 9 on April 6 in Sweden. At this time it is believed that only verbal agreements are in place so changes are a possibility, as always until fights are officially announced by the UFC.

That's a damn good fight.

My picks for tonight:

Bisping over Belfort by decision (I do think Belfort will put a scare or two into Bisping)

Sarafian over Dolloway by submission

Rothwell over Gonzaga by (T)KO

Edited by StillUnknown

:ols: Combat Sambo practically is the heir apparent of MMA, it's a more balanced form of fighting. That's why Fedor was crushing people with all-around badassery without being a kickboxer, jiu jitsu player or what have you. Knew how to throw hands very well, could take people down with authority, would armbar the hell out of people.

Jiu Jitsu focuses on a realm of fighting, but it is incredibly expansive, with seemingly endless possibilities. It makes no sense to call it "easy". That's like saying being a musician is easy. Completely ignorant.