Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

What an amazing fight. I'd give the fight in its entirety to Dolloway, this just highlights why I don't like rounds. Dolloway pretty much had him finished, but a free break, in a fight. Whatever. Round by round, I can see it for for either fighter, or a draw. Damn.

That was a brainf^(# to judge.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

TUF with Jones and Sonnen starts in T-minus 8 minutes on FX (8pm)

I enjoyed the first episode. Not much interaction between the coaches, althought there was some playful ribbing during the fights. I liked the changes in how they shot the episode and there were some really good fights. It has been a while since I have really looked forward to TUF, and now I am. There seem to be some good prospects this season.

I think now, it is obvious that the live format was probably a bad idea, as well as broadcasting on Friday nights. I will definitely watch it more, now that it is on Tuesdays.

FYI: The UFC 158 presser is today with Diaz and GSP. Although it was supposed to start 10 minutes ago...http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/watch-todays-ufc-158-kickoff-press-conference-on-mmajunkie-com-at-10-a-m-et

I enjoyed the first episode. Not much interaction between the coaches, althought there was some playful ribbing during the fights. I liked the changes in how they shot the episode and there were some really good fights. It has been a while since I have really looked forward to TUF, and now I am. There seem to be some good prospects this season.

I think now, it is obvious that the live format was probably a bad idea, as well as broadcasting on Friday nights. I will definitely watch it more, now that it is on Tuesdays.

FYI: The UFC 158 presser is today with Diaz and GSP. Although it was supposed to start 10 minutes ago...http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/watch-todays-ufc-158-kickoff-press-conference-on-mmajunkie-com-at-10-a-m-et

Totally agree, TUF was a very good watch. I loved how the fighters families were allowed to visit and cheer for them during their fights. They did some great editing when it came to the actual fights. Looks like they revamped the format for the better, hopefully that carries over in to the "House" portion of the show.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

UFC on FOX: Rampage vs Teixiera picks:

I have a feeling Pettis will catch Cerrone and finish him. Very tough fight to call, can easily see a decision going for either guy. Both these dudes' kicking games are something to behold.

Rampage vs. Teixeira...this is a barnburner, that is all. I can see either guy clobbering the other. Will enjoy this one. Too bad Rampage is disenchanted, especially if he knocks Glover out. I think he will, Rampage via right hook KO round 1, then off in to the sunset. (I think he's going to Bellator to hang with his new BFF King Mo).

Johnson vs. Dodson...I'll take Dodson by TKO in round 2. Shake up things a little bit at 125.

Pettis over Cerrone by Unanimous Decision: Pettis' long layoff concerns me a little, but Cerrone's defense can be leaky at times. I think Pettis wins enough exchanges on the feet and will go for a round ending takedown or two to secure the round.

Glover over Ramapge by Unanimous Decision: Rampage is the BJ Penn of the LHW division. A full motivated in shape Rampage can beat just about anybody in the world, but that guy hasn't really been around since he beat Wandy. Stylistically, Rampage's game should work well against Glover as Rampage is a great counter striker and Glover leaves himself wide open at times when he throws. That said, Rampage has one foot out the door, and he's been mentally checked out of fighting for some time now.

Johnson over Dodson Unanimous Decision: Johnson has the edge in just about every area minus pure punching power. Might need a slo-mo cam to watch this fight, but I think Mighty Mouse wins most of the exchanges on the feet and will mix in his wrestling to win the rounds necessary. I don't expect to see much of a battle on the ground, both fighters are extremely hard to keep down.

Edited by StillUnknown