Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

my take on it is that he is making a rash decision in the moment based on the unlikely chance he becomes a working actor in hollywood

this "retirement" just doesnt feel like a retirement. it feels more like "i'm taking a break".

if his movie career doesn't work out, which is more than likely, does anyone really think he'll still be "done fighting"

Nah if that happens he'll be back to fighting. But if he's calling it quits I think he should stick to it, a break could hurt him or help him. Obviously, he's been fighting with some nagging injuries that needed time to heal up so a break could refresh him and get him back to his old self, or it could make him rusty and maybe he wouldn't look so good upon returning. Either way, I hope for the best for him.

my take on it is that he is making a rash decision in the moment based on the unlikely chance he becomes a working actor in hollywood

this "retirement" just doesnt feel like a retirement. it feels more like "i'm taking a break".

if his movie career doesn't work out, which is more than likely, does anyone really think he'll still be "done fighting"

Not hard to see that being the scenerio. If he is in fact simply taking a break it's still disappointing to anticipate a very long layoff from a guy still in his relative prime. Boxing and MMA have both made a push to change the definition of retirement to: "A short break." Hopefully, if he isn't done for good, I have to root against his career as an actor...because I'd want to see him go after it ASAP.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

the only other top name at 205 thats not really scheduled for a fight is Thiago Silva, which would be another good fight

I like this fight...

And, MMA Junkie had a good article about Rick Story...too bad they put the wrong guy in the picture :doh: (Edit: Now they have the right picture, they had Steve Lopez earlier)

Following UFC 103 double-bonus performance, this Story has a happy ending

by Brad McCray on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:05 pm ET

Rick Story and Brian Foster were joking around Saturday night just a few hours after punching each other in the face. Watching a re-broadcast of their UFC 103 fight from the locker room, the talk quickly turned to money.

"He said he was sure I had Submission of the Night," Story recently told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "The only other submission (during UFC 103) was a rear-naked choke.

"I'm not sure which one of us brought it up, but we started talking about Fight of the Night. They showed us on Spike and then again at the end of the pay-per-view, so we knew they must have liked it."

On cue, Dana White and Joe Silva entered the room.

"Congratulations," White said, smiling. "You're rich."

More at the link below...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16283/following-ufc-103-double-bonus-performance-this-story-has-a-happy-ending.mma

Edited by lovetoaster

I'm almost glad it didn't turn out to be a draw, but I scored the first round for Wes and the second for James. If it woulda gone to a third round I think we would have seen a KO via barfed lung.

thats how i saw it too

i thought rashad was going to have a heart attack yelling at his man to jump on him

Rampage has to be up there with Shamrock as worst coach ever. How does he have a chance to hand pick Kimbo's (his #1 pick) fight as one of his first two and then pass that up? Why he didn't put him in there with Rashad's least experienced/worst wrestler I have no idea. Now his number one pick is up against the favorite to win the show (imo) the week after Rampage failed to pick off Rashad's #1 pick.

Rampage has to be up there with Shamrock as worst coach ever. How does he have a chance to hand pick Kimbo's (his #1 pick) fight as one of his first two and then pass that up? Why he didn't put him in there with Rashad's least experienced/worst wrestler I have no idea. Now his number one pick is up against the favorite to win the show (imo) the week after Rampage failed to pick off Rashad's #1 pick.

My money says Kimbo KOs Nelson.

An unprecedented TUF sig bet?

I am just shocked that this fight is happening so early in the season. The two guys that have the most name recognition. I bet Dana dropped an f bomb as soon as Rashad announced that matchup.

:)

That's actually why I say Kimbo wins. Nelson can't carry ratings for a season.

Did anyone have the football player either winning or the fight at least going to a third round? I mean, all Rashad's boy did was connect with some leg kicks and run, no way that was a 20/18 fight.

i had it a draw after two, i think the judges had pity on the people watching that fight.

both of them deserved to lose that fight imo

i had it a draw after two, i think the judges had pity on the people watching that fight.

both of them deserved to lose that fight imo

Draw at a minimum but I honestly think an arguement could have been made for Spier's in the second for the two takedowns even though he didn't do anything with them.

Obviously the punches from the big guy hurt because Rashad's boy was running like a little girl.