Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

It's close, Arlovski was sitting at #2 or #3 in most people's top 10 heavyweights list for a while there.

I may have posted this thought before here, but I honestly thought he looked awesome against Fedor and was really hurting and confusing Fedor.... until he went for the flying knee. D'OH!! I'm not saying he was on his way to a sure win, I just think he had Fedor in shock for a bit.

He should not have gotten right back into the cage vs. Rogers so soon. I think he sleep-walked into that fight on the advice of his camp and was not at all psychologically ready for it. They probably wanted him to put Fedor behind him by pounding out a relative unknown right away and Andre never saw Brett's power coming. Now he's mentally ruined for MMA.

Exactly, he had Fedor rolling with his combos with no answer. Backed him in to a corner no less, smelled opportunity and well, got blasted. From the way he must have felt right before he threw the flying knee to the moment Rogers chopped him down is liable to make a man go a little insane. Russian Roulette? Okay, a little overboard. How about a shot of Vodka and a session with your therapist.

It makes me wonder if perhaps Fedor is starting to slip. Nobody stays on top forever.

He's always had fights where he's had his opponents thinking that they're winning, and then bam they all of a sudden lose. I've watched those combos by Arlovski against Fedor in slow motion and like I said, Fedor rolls with those combos really well. He was hit a few times, but never really full-on tagged.

That's not to suggest Fedor was doing well by any means, but as far as it giving us insight in to Fedor's condition it's just too hard to tell. He's had bigger scares than that against lower-ranked fighters smack-dab in the middle of his prime, no less.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

It makes me wonder if perhaps Fedor is starting to slip. Nobody stays on top forever.

he still finished the fight midway through the 1st round. i dont see how that can constitute somebody starting to slip

i think Fedor just ran into a better striker who he had trouble timing, but when he did, he ended the fight

he still finished the fight midway through the 1st round. i dont see how that can constitute somebody starting to slip

i think Fedor just ran into a better striker who he had trouble timing, but when he did, he ended the fight

Absolutely the most easily probable explanation and I am aware of this. Still...

Wanderlei's take on Anderson vs. Vitor

Wanderlei Silva has fought Vitor Belfort and trained with Anderson Silva. Should Anderson and Belfort meet in the next UFC middleweight title fight, Wanderlei has no doubt about the result.

“I believe Anderson would destroy Belfort,” he said. “I think it’s a very interesting fight. Belfort has good boxing skills and is a good athlete, but everybody knows that he has a weak psychological aspect and I think he will shake when he gets in the Octagon with (Silva).”

Added Wand ironically: “Let’s see if (Belfort) will put his new karate ... I mean old karate, new for him, in practice against Anderson.”

It’s been nearly 11 years since Belfort blitzed Wanderlei in 44 seconds at the UFC’s "Ultimate Brazil" event. Now that both men are in the UFC again, Wanderlei is certain the rematch will finally take place.

“Of course we will fight,” he said. “I want this fight too much. I believe the first one didn’t happen as I wanted. I was surprised, and it will not happen again now because I’m much more experienced. I’m not saying it will be now or later, but when it happens, I’ll prepare myself a lot to be in my best shape because he is a tough opponent, and I want to give the show everybody expects from me.”

While Wanderlei wants a fight with Belfort, his animosity toward Anderson has ended. The former Chute Boxe teammates, who took aim at each other publicly when Wanderlei announced his intention to move to the 185-pound division, met backstage at UFC 102 and mended fences.

“We met and talked,” Wanderlei said. "It was a big misunderstanding and it was solved the way men have to solve any problem: talking face to face. Anderson is a great guy, and we finally put a period on that story."

I may have posted this thought before here, but I honestly thought he looked awesome against Fedor and was really hurting and confusing Fedor.... until he went for the flying knee. D'OH!! I'm not saying he was on his way to a sure win, I just think he had Fedor in shock for a bit.

I think most people would agree that he was working Fedor on the feet for the first few minutes of the fight, but we've definitely seen Fedor work his way out of trouble and end a fight before, it's something that he's great at.

Wandy's right, but I still want to see Wandy vs. Vitor. These days it will probably go just like the first one, but you know Wanderlei has to want a rematch.

Wandy's right, but I still want to see Wandy vs. Vitor. These days it will probably go just like the first one, but you know Wanderlei has to want a rematch.

I think Wandy will lose a rematch. I love the guy and he's still dangerous to anyone but I think his defense is suspect. I don't know if his swinging style would catch Vitor off guard and I don't think he could evade Vitor's punches long enough to break Belfort's confidence.

Anderson Silva, however, will break Vitor before they walk into the octagon. Belfort does not want this fight.

Edit- Having said what I said about both matchups, I should add that I always root for the underdog in big-name fights.

Edited by Chachie

BTW- I think there is only one really interesting fight left for both Andre Arlovski and Mirko Filipovitch.

I really doubt Arlovski is coming back to the UFC. Yeah, Nog, Herring and Cro Cop were beaten by Fedor - but the Arlovski KO is fresh on everyones' mind. I doubt Dana will want a guy that was complaining, got flat-lined by Fedor and put on a couple of the most boring fights in UFC memory. They'll feed Cro Cop some newbies so he can go out on a high note, that is if he isn't retiring.

I really doubt Arlovski is coming back to the UFC. Yeah, Nog, Herring and Cro Cop were beaten by Fedor - but the Arlovski KO is fresh on everyones' mind. I doubt Dana will want a guy that was complaining, got flat-lined by Fedor and put on a couple of the most boring fights in UFC memory. They'll feed Cro Cop some newbies so he can go out on a high note, that is if he isn't retiring.

Except that Gonzaga and Dos Santos were pretty new to the UFC. :)

I know the fight can't happen due to Andre not being in the UFC but I think CroCop will "retire" before his contract is up. They'll meet in Strikeforce or K-1 eventually and it will be sad for one (or both) of them.

I did'nt wanna spoil that fight for anyone before but i will say this. Kimbo will return and he will fight for the UFC after the show.. Kimbo is a one trick Pony and Dana can get him 3 to 4 fights that work for him style wise. Anybody with any type of ground game is gonna beat Kimbo and Dana will only match him up with guys who have 0 ground game.

I did'nt wanna spoil that fight for anyone before but i will say this. Kimbo will return and he will fight for the UFC after the show.. Kimbo is a one trick Pony and Dana can get him 3 to 4 fights that work for him style wise. Anybody with any type of ground game is gonna beat Kimbo and Dana will only match him up with guys who have 0 ground game.

Not trying to be an ass, but everything you said is obvious, and I would've agreed before even watching the fight. Kimbo will be fighting on the Finale, and will get some dupe match ups. But, he's too old, too much muscle. Even if he fights younger strikers, they'll do nothing but shoot on him. I doubt we'll see another Kimbo slugfest.

Not trying to be an ass, but everything you said is obvious, and I would've agreed before even watching the fight. Kimbo will be fighting on the Finale, and will get some dupe match ups. But, he's too old, too much muscle. Even if he fights younger strikers, they'll do nothing but shoot on him. I doubt we'll see another Kimbo slugfest.

Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli II will probably be on the finale

Lol nice sig.

The Kimbo/Roy fight was kind of boring, he looks like he can catch people on the feet, even guys with experience like Roy Nelson, but his wrestling is pitiful. He wasn't using his legs at all to try and get Roy off of him in round 2, I'm not sure if he was trying to keep from gassing or what but damn.

I still think he' can beat some of the less-experienced guys on the show though.

I thought the same thing. 80% of TUF alums get at least one more fight in the UFC. Most get more than that. We've all ecpected Kimbo to get a few more fights after the show. I also think that there will be plenty of fighters willing to stand with Kimbo. He isn't Cro Cop coming staright from Pride by any strecth. . Petruzelli knocked him out standing. Do you think Antoni Hardonk would really shoot on him? We won't see that fight though. We're looking more at an Eddie Sanchez type of fight. Todd Duffee might be too good for Kimbo, but something along those lines would be cool.

Just remembered UFC resigned Paul Buentello. I believe he has been calling Kimbo out for years now. That would be a great matchup.

Not that it would happen anytime soon, but I might take Kimbo over Tim Sylvia.

I dont know how many people have ever wrestled and or fought a 265 lb. fat guy with the kind of belly that Roy Nelson had. Kimbo came damn close to rolling home over last night, but ultimatley the girth of Nelson was too much to overcome.

Kimbo was winning that fight until the stoppage. Even Dana White pointed out that Kimbo gave the more talented fight, and that he saw no reason for Roy Nelson to gloat...

It was easy to see that Nelson too was getting rocked by Kimbo....he ate a big right and an elbow...Kimbo made the fatal rookie mistake of trying for the knee lift while being forced backwards.

And what was up with those punches? Roy Nelson's punches look like they did no damage at all to Kimbo on the ground....