Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Frankie Edgar is hard as granite.

Marcus showed some sweet moves but he's got no chin. He's a mummy standing up.

Kimbo and Houston were fighting to shyly but I can see where both were weary of being knocked out. Slice has majorly improved his grappling.

I felt horrible for Matt Hamill. Poor dude dislocated his shoulder to add to the pain and humiliation of that beatdown, then I felt horrible for Jon Jones, who delivered that beatdown and got DQed.

Big Country, big punch!

If Gonzaga's Staph clears up....

i dont consider gonzaga a wolf, more of a ManBearPig

I felt horrible for Matt Hamill. Poor dude dislocated his shoulder to add to the pain and humiliation of that beatdown, then I felt horrible for Jon Jones, who delivered that beatdown and got DQed.

it raises a question about who you throw in next with Jones. he clearly showed he was the better fighter tonight, but gets a loss on a technicality. i hope they give him a fight rather quickly since he didnt sustain any damage in the fight. maybe a matchup against Cane, Forrest, Franklin, or Vera would be good.

DQ or not, Jones proved tonight he is the truth. only 22 years old, its going to be fun to watch him develop in the near future & long term

I just want the ES consensus: Jon Jones vs. Lyoto Machida

Personly I'd hate to see Jon Jones fight any top fighter yet. He's young and raw and doesn't need a crushing set back thus early. Slowly up the mountain. He can be great but not if thrown to the wolves this early. He needs to take raw skill and translate it to decisive game plan and strategic fighting first. Right now his natural ability is winning fights.

I don't think the fight was fixed. Houston has a glass chin, he wanted to counter Kimbo. He had a extremely conservative gameplan and it was a borefest, but it makes sense because he was essentially suspended from the UFC before this fight. Aggression is great to watch, yeah, but Houston is trying to raise, what, 7 kids? He wanted to play it safe, Kimbo wanted to play it safe.

Both these guys knew that had everything to lose and basically a small contract extension to win. It was simply two old school guys that knew their contracts were potentially on the line. It was boring, but I don't think it was fixed.

I totally agree with this. The fight definitely wasn't fixed, it was just two old guys with no cardio and no ground game going at it.

Kimbo did have some sick slams though.

chuck & tito new coaches for season 11 of TUF............hooray?

Why the **** does the UFC think people love seeing 3rd (non-rubber) matches...no one wanted to see Wandy/Rampage 3, no one wants to see Chuck/Tito 3.

I'll definitely not be watching season 11.

That was a sad ending all around. Hamill looked pitiful leaving the ring all beat up like that and Jones really didn't need to be DQed IMO.

it raises a question about who you throw in next with Jones. he clearly showed he was the better fighter tonight, but gets a loss on a technicality. i hope they give him a fight rather quickly since he didnt sustain any damage in the fight. maybe a matchup against Cane, Forrest, Franklin, or Vera would be good.

DQ or not, Jones proved tonight he is the truth. only 22 years old, its going to be fun to watch him develop in the near future & long term

He's Brandon Vera? :silly:

I think they should put him up against Cane next, both are fairly new to the game and they both "lost." Cane did, Jones didn't really lose. I think there are just certain outcomes where a fighter technically loses a fight but it's kind of an unspoken thing with the fans that it's not really considered a loss. (Anthony Johnson's "loss" to Kevin Burns, Hamill's loss to Franklin, Shogun's loss to Machida, etc.)

What a terrible card. The Kimbo/Alexander fight was terrible, and as much as I like Hamill it sucked to see Jones lose the fight like that. Kinda caught me off guard. Also, I really wanted to see Big Baby kill Mitrione after the laziness and lack of work ethic that Mitrione showed on TUF by taking advantage of his injury and not having to train. Can't wait to see what Dana has in store for Big Country though, I bet he's wishing Brock was healthy right now.

He's Brandon Vera? :silly:

I think they should put him up against Cane next, both are fairly new to the game and they both "lost." Cane did, Jones didn't really lose. I think there are just certain outcomes where a fighter technically loses a fight but it's kind of an unspoken thing with the fans that it's not really considered a loss. (Anthony Johnson's "loss" to Kevin Burns, Hamill's loss to Franklin, Shogun's loss to Machida, etc.)

jones is the fighter brandon vera wishes he was :D

So since Rampage announced his unretirement, how long until he gets his fight with Rashad?

I'd say 5-6 months, since Rashad's fighting Thiago Silva in Feb, he'll need at least 3 months before he's ready to get back in the ring. So I imagine we'll see that fight in May/June.