Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Silva doesn't need a translator

Dat arsenal of 30 English words does the trick. He back for fight.

Nick didn't look much smaller than him at all. Looks pretty damn strong in fact. Always thought Nick looked slow and weak, relative to most welterweights. It was just that he seemed to not feel pain, and would keep striking and striking and striking. Right now it looks like he's been eating dat chicken breast and drinking his milk. Sticking with my pick though.

Anthony Johnson vs. Gastelum @ LHW in 2016.

Lineker blew the weight by 5 lbs, this is probably his last fight at 125

Lineker is an idiot, he's missed before & when he does make weight it's usually on the second attempt.

After his last weigh in with McCall he made 126 on his 2nd attempt, then McCall got an infection & pulled out. This moron had the nerve to ask for a title shot in an interview shortly after saying making weight is no longer an issue with him.

I'd normally say go up a class, but dude's a midget, like 5'2" or something, 135 has a lot of guys 5'10" & up. sucks 'cause he's a really good fighter.

Cut the kid & tell him not to come back until he drops a shirt & pants size.

Anthony Johnson vs. Gastelum @ LHW in 2016

1. Is normal, I a fighter, I come to fight. Dana is boss, Dana make fight, I come fight.

2. Love it! But Kevin might not make 205 for a title fight if Rumble wins. Might be Gastelum v. Mark Hunt 2016, which would be awesome.

Same problem as Lineker, too short for the weight class they SHOULD be fighting in.

On Weidman, if he's out until July-still no timeframe- this will be the 2nd time in 5 years he's had a year off between fights. Had a year off after Munoz, suppose to fight Boetsch & pulled out, then got Silva1. Also delayed the fight with Machida with an injury & now 2 times with Belfort.

Not saying he's injury prone or anything, buts he's more Cain than Cowboy if ya know what I'm saying. If he gets injured before his next fight & is out a total of +/- 18 months (fights end of 15/start of 16) with 3 fight killing injuries in a row, do they go interm belt at 185?

Edited by artmonkforHOF

Dave Sholler

‏@Sholler_UFC

Woodley-Gastelum fight is on. 30 percent fine. Money goes to Twood.

Part of that money should be applied to the fans who deserve a reduced PPV rate, for a tarnished card.

Though we already know the profane-laced response that Dana would have, to that proposal.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Part of that money should be applied to the fans who deserve a reduced PPV rate, for a tarnished card.

Though we already know the profane-laced response that Dana would have, to that proposal.

Accurate, they announced earlier in the week PPV's were increasing in price this year by $5 or $10. Paying more for watered down cards.

• Like 1

Nick didn't look much smaller than him at all. Looks pretty damn strong in fact. Always thought Nick looked slow and weak, relative to most welterweights. It was just that he seemed to not feel pain, and would keep striking and striking and striking. Right now it looks like he's been eating dat chicken breast and drinking his milk. Sticking with my pick though.

I swear I don't know how he connects so often. I've never seen him look "faster" than any fighter except Shamrock and BJ Penn.

1. Is normal, I a fighter, I come to fight. Dana is boss, Dana make fight, I come fight.

I respect and appreciate his effort to do his interviews in English, but for the sake of the fans, I really wish he would just speak his native Portuguese, and use an interpreter.

When he attempts it in English, it takes away from the interview so much (to say the least), that there's really nothing in the interview that would make an adult MMA fan want to watch it.

I don't agree. I feel like the interpreters suck ass, when they speak in English it feels slow and amateurish. Like really you couldn't find anyone else?

I swear I don't know how he connects so often. I've never seen him look "faster" than any fighter except Shamrock and BJ Penn.

Paul Daley said Nick is deceptively fast. He was surprised by his speed.

He paints a picture in there. Do Itch mentioned that Diaz is deceptively fast too. I wouldn't say fast, because he almost looks like he doesn't give a **** in there, but at end of the strikes he throws he adds mad snap. He will unload some combos to the body that are completely quick, but everything else he throws is like a person painting Japanese words. Where the first part is slow, and then they whisk the brush at the end, to give the writing a sharpness.

I think his best shot is to hit Anderson's body as early and often as possible. Nobody has tested him in that area, and it's Nick's bread and butter.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I keep seeing the parallel between Anderson & Roy Jones Jr. Both guys could do things physically in the cage that very few have the skill/athleticism combo to replicate, but once his reflexes slowed down just a bit, and that chin went for Roy, it got very ugly. We've seen a slow and consistent deterioration of Anderson's chin, I'm really hoping it doesn't go the route of RJJ.

I keep seeing the parallel between Anderson & Roy Jones Jr. Both guys could do things physically in the cage that very few have the skill/athleticism combo to replicate, but once his reflexes slowed down just a bit, and that chin went for Roy, it got very ugly. We've seen a slow and consistent deterioration of Anderson's chin, I'm really hoping it doesn't go the route of RJJ.

I just hope those 2 guys aren't serious about wanting or planning to fight each other.

Bad idea, IMO

RE: Diaz vs Silva

I don't see a decisive victory for either, and I can't get in one corner over the other.

Just excited to see the fight.

No fluke injuries, just 15 minutes of beating each other to a pulp please!

I don't see how Nick can win by anything other than a (T)KO and he'll have to accumulate shots the way he normally does in order to do that. I doubt Silva will allow that.

However, Go DIAZ!

Lineker blew the weight by 5 lbs, this is probably his last fight at 125

Anthony Johnson vs. Gastelum @ LHW in 2016.

It;s official. Both of them are bumped up a weight class.

Give Gastelum to Belfort, to make up for his 3 cancelled fights :)

"John Lineker will never fight in the Flyweight division again. He'll have to fight at Bantamweight. The same goes with Kelvin Gastelum. This is going to be his last appearance at Welterweight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/31/7956047/ufc-183-john-lineker-kelvin-gastelum-missed-weight-dana-white-interview

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Tate recovered great and dominated the third round, but I still think McMann won more of the fight, she dominated the first round and was clearly winning the 2nd as well until the final minute when she was fighting off the choke.

If anything 28-28 if Tate gets a 10-8 round 3.

• Like 1