Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Condit stopped Kampmann in his last fight. If he beats Matt Brown in a few weeks then I think he and Johny settling the score for the belt is great. Without any bias I'd have to favor Condit in that fight. We'll see if he can stay off his back though.

That is if he beats Matt Brown, who has been looking very Condit'ish himself lately. Talk about a revamped fighter. Still think Condit ends his resurgence and fights Hendro in the spring.

Completely forgot about Kampman. I think Lawler deserves it. Some had Rory as #3. Lawler vs Hendricks. Winner fights for title against Condit vs Brown winner.

So because you posted the judging parameters, you're right and Planet Earth is wrong?   :)

No, my point is that no one will ever get it right 100% unless the obvious happens (TKO,KO,Sub) its all in how the rules are interpreted by 3 point of veiws it could have been 5-0 Hendricks but one of the judges could have seen it as 4-1  but no one would question it because it was obvious 

I don't understand it.  I don't really care for either fighter.  Hendrix beat that man to a pulp.  Octagon control, check.  Dictating fight speed, check. Take downs, check.  Vicious ground and pound, check.  Being named GSP, no check.  That's why he lost.  Dana will not get any more of my money until a judging commission is established. 

What was the stoppage for?  I only remember GSP getting beat on and then a time out was called.

I give GSP mad props for being in that fight and for taking the punishment he did.  He took some shots.  Crazy to watch.

I don't understand it.  I don't really care for either fighter.  Hendrix beat that man to a pulp.  Octagon control, check.  Dictating fight speed, check. Take downs, check.  Vicious ground and pound, check.  Being named GSP, no check.  That's why he lost.  Dana will not get any more of my money until a judging commission is established. 

What was the stoppage for?  I only remember GSP getting beat on and then a time out was called.

I give GSP mad props for being in that fight and for taking the punishment he did.  He took some shots.  Crazy to watch.

I think it was stopped because Hendricks lost his mouthpiece,

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/11/19/5119428/morning-report-joe-rogan-georges-st-pierre-retire-ufc-167-dana-white-hendricks-mma-news

"I think Georges should retire," said Rogan. "One of the reasons I think Georges should retire is he was on my podcast and he was talking about being abducted by aliens. I was going, 'you think you've been abducted by aliens?' He starts talking about missing time. He started talking about driving his car and all of a sudden he's at home and he has no idea [how] he got there. I think it's head kicks."

"That fight he had some serious memory loss (at UFC 167). I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever. In fact, 50% of the shots he's taken his entire career were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch."

I still don't know how anyone could give GSP Round 1....once Hendricks gets up from the initial takedown, he basically dominates the entire rest of the round.  Including scoring a takedown of his own which should neutralize any weight GSP got for his takedown at the start of the round.  Besides the takedown, which led to nothing on the ground being done, what else did GSP do to win Round 1?

Just for conversation Fight Metric judged total output for Round 1 putting striking, grappling into account and came out with Output ratings of 65-43 in favor of Hendricks.

I still don't know how anyone could give GSP Round 1....once Hendricks gets up from the initial takedown, he basically dominates the entire rest of the round. Including scoring a takedown of his own which should neutralize any weight GSP got for his takedown at the start of the round. Besides the takedown, which led to nothing on the ground being done, what else did GSP do to win Round 1?

Just for conversation Fight Metric judged total output for Round 1 putting striking, grappling into account and came out with Output ratings of 65-43 in favor of Hendricks.

This is by far not the worst decision in UFC history.

In round 1,GSP had a submission attempt and narrowly beat hendricks in significant strikes 19-18. Not much, but in the 10 point must system, it's all you need. (10-10 needs to be scored more, but that's for another post)

In fact, even though Big Rig landed more total significant strikes, GSP still managed to beat him in individual round sig strikes, 3 to 2. Now Johnny had the round with the biggest differential by far, & maybe you can argue 10-8 for that round, but it's not total damage, it's who wins more rounds.

As for Dana's rant about the judges, the guy is trying to sell a rematch, it's his job. What other option was there for GSP to fight after this one? Before the fight, Dana, Lorenzo, both fighters & their camps not only approved of the judges, but all went out of their way to say that 2 of the judges where 2 of the nest in MMA-the same 2 that scored it for GSP. Dave Metzler chimed in at the post fight pressed when Dana said no media members scored it for GSP-since Dave had a list of 8 & growing at that point. Wouldn't be surprised to see his credentials pulled for the next event.

It's not just me saying this, the director of FightMetric thinks it was close, far too close to be called a robbery.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/sports/gsp-vs-hendricks-fightmetric-says-hendricks-more-effective-at-ufc-167-1.1551606

TUF was very good tonight, I recommend watching it. Dana says it at the end of the episode, "this is the craziest one ever." For what he's referring to, he's right. Semi-Spoiler alert: A dude is 9 lbs overweight and needs to lose it in 4 hours. He ate like a pig all week long, and the fight is to get to the finale. It's worse than the Bobby Southworth weight cut.

This season of Tuf has actually been good. The chicks have been great. Raquel vs. that old looking boxer is the last fight to get to the finale, should be an awesome scrap. Rooting for Raquel, she's real chill and was in the best fight of the season.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/22/5130522/glory-12-new-york-live-online-results-fight-time-fight-card-spike-tv-stream

Glory 12 New York features an excellent 4 man Lightweight tournament. Participants include the #1 pound for pound king Giorgio Petrosyan, #2 Robin van Roosmalen, and top 5 fighters Andy Ristie and Davit Kiria. It's an excellent, stacked tournament, and another chance to see the best kickboxer in the world ply his trade. The live Spike broadcast features 6 fights total, and should be another excellent show for Glory. Hopefully, the company will build off the momentum started by Glory 11 on Spike, and more people will tune in this weekend.

The first Glory card on Spike about a month ago was one of the more entertaining fight cards of the year. It's definitely worth a watch tomorrow if you're a fan of high level striking. Petrosyan is a master of his craft, people need to know about him.