Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Ben is strong but he's not Rory McDonald strong. Nate will be able to stay on the feet long enough to put on a boxing clinic. Belt's his.

He will have to avoid the leg kicks, which he is susceptible to. Anyway, I always root for the Diaz Bros. Go Nathan.

I think it was a draw. Maybe Frankie switches up and stops being a point fighter. I used to think Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar would be a good fight but seeing how Ben landed his legs kicks, I think Jose would amputate one of Frankie's legs.

This ran through my mind as well during the fight. Aldo's kicks are lightning quick, I doubt Frankie would be able to catch his leg as often as he did with Bendo.

Nate also has a longer reach than Edgar, and won't have to lunge forward to throw punches the way Frankie has to against Henderson. Nate Diaz also is relentless in his pace and output, not like Frankie who throws one quick jab and is back on the outside.

Like I said, Nate might lose but I doubt either way that fight will be difficult to judge.

Benson's only shot against Nate is to fight from the clinch for strikes and takedowns. He could probably land some pretty good kicks on Nate, but it's not worth the risk of being in Nate's killzone.

Really hope that fight goes to the ground, would love to see Nate's bjj against Benson's ability to escape submissions.

I don't think I have ever enjoyed a Frankie Edgar fight and last night was no different. I just want to see him get knocked out twice now so the UFC will cut him and rid us of his self entitled Jersey meathead crew. Edgar believes he is the champion because he thinks he has never lost a fight and everyone around him (the meatheads) agrees with him. A real Champion knows how to lose with class, not throw a little hissy fit after his arm doesn't get raised. You can outpoint a guy in a regular fight or if you have the belt, but if you don't then you have to beat the champ to take his belt, close fights get you nothing, either finish the champ or beat him up enough so that the judges don't "screw" you.

I want to see Aldo Edgar, just to see Jose beat the ever loving crap out of Frankie. Just get out of 155 so the rest of us can watch some good title fights at that weight. Any combination of Bendo, Diaz, Pettis, Gray or even Cerrone or Edson Barboza (1 or 2 fights away IMO) would give a better title fight than Edgar and anyone would be able to pull off.

Barboza was knocked out in the first round by Jamie Varner in his last fight, he's quite a ways away from a title shot. I think Barboza's plodding style is going to get him in to more trouble as he goes on. Guy can really launch kicks out of nowhere, but his all around game is unproven.

Yeah, maybe Barbosa is a bit of a stretch, but I still stand by my "anyone but Frankie" for a 155 title fight. Does anyone outside of New Jersey want to see this guy fight for the belt again?

I don't think I have ever enjoyed a Frankie Edgar fight and last night was no different. I just want to see him get knocked out twice now so the UFC will cut him and rid us of his self entitled Jersey meathead crew. Edgar believes he is the champion because he thinks he has never lost a fight and everyone around him (the meatheads) agrees with him. A real Champion knows how to lose with class, not throw a little hissy fit after his arm doesn't get raised. You can outpoint a guy in a regular fight or if you have the belt, but if you don't then you have to beat the champ to take his belt, close fights get you nothing, either finish the champ or beat him up enough so that the judges don't "screw" you.

A close fight got Frankie the title when he got the nod against BJ in their first fight.

I'm not a huge Edgar fan, but I don't find him boring either. The man was in 3 straight Fight of the Year type fights against Maynard twice and the first fight with Bendo.

Edgar is like another Cruz, he will only engage or take a chance if his opponent looks like he is ready to be finished. Otherwise he is like a gnat buzzing around, posing no real threat to your well-being, just rather annoying and hard to rid your existence of.....

UFC isn't a street fight. While Edgar isn't throwing bombs he is displaying some of the best technical stand up in the UFC. He not the best at any single thing but he's very good at pretty much everything. I have no problem with his fighting style and his heart is impressive, the man never quits.

I think Frankie is amazing. To be that small and find a way to claw his way to the top of the heap has been extremely impressive to watch. His second fight with Gray is one of my all time favorites, and it was eerily reminiscent of the first fight (except that it was a TKO not a decision). That said, the top of the heap at lightweight needs to be shaken up for the sake of making it interesting. These three rematches in a row have been a long, drawn out story. It's the end of an era, time to move on, finally.

UFC isn't a street fight. While Edgar isn't throwing bombs he is displaying some of the best technical stand up in the UFC. He not the best at any single thing but he's very good at pretty much everything. I have no problem with his fighting style and his heart is impressive, the man never quits.

yeah I was a hater because he beat BJ Penn twice but after he TKOed Maynard I couldn't ignore how good he is anymore. Dude's just granite.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/13/ufc-jason-mayhem-miller-arrested-naked-church/

Recently-axed UFC fighter Jason "Mayhem" Miller was arrested today in Orange County, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly breaking into a church, spraying a fire extinguisher all over the place, and getting buck naked.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, the O.C. Sheriff's Office received a call early this morning from the Mission Hills Church in Mission Viejo about a possible burglary in progress.

When the deputies arrived, we're told they found the first and second floors covered in white fire extinguisher spray. Cops say the place was also trashed -- scattered CDs, books, and broken pictures.

When officers reached the second floor, we're told they found Miller naked on some couch -- totally awake and coherent.

Chael Sonnen vs Forrest Griffin (II) booked for UFC 155:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/416696/Griffin-vs-Sonnen-booked-for-UFC-155/

Griffin vs. Sonnen booked for UFC 155

Sonnen co-hosted UFC Tonight on Tuesday evening and announced that he would be returning to 205lbs to face former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin in December.

“I’ve watched him win the world championship, I’ve watched him etch his name in stone as a guaranteed future Hall of Famer, you and I and the whole world together watched him be a large part of creating and changing the industry that we have today. He’s one guy Jon Jones hasn’t fought, he’s beat two world champions in his last three outings, and on December 29th I will be taking on Forrest Griffin,” Sonnen stated.

The bout between Sonnen and Griffin is actually a rematch of a fight the two had back in 2003 during the famous IFC Global Domination tournament. Griffin submitted Sonnen with a triangle choke in the one-night tournament, which Renato ‘Babalu’ Sobral eventually won.

---------- Post added August-15th-2012 at 10:42 AM ----------

Also:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/416743/Nate-Diaz-to-fight-Benson-Henderson-for-title-at-UFC-on-FOX-5/

Nate Diaz to fight Benson Henderson for title at UFC on FOX 5

Ultimate Fighting Championship's lightweight title will be defended on network television.

USA TODAY Sports and MMAjunkie.com confirmed with UFC officials that lightweight champion Benson Henderson (17-2 mixed martial arts, 5-0 UFC) will face Nate Diaz (14-3-1, 9-3-1) at UFC on Fox 5 on Dec. 8 at a host site to be announced.

A light heavyweight matchup between former champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (21-6, 5-4) and Alexander Gustafsson (14-1, 6-1) is the co-feature, and a B.J. Penn (16-8-2, 12-7-2) vs. Rory MacDonald (13-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) lightweight fight also has been rebooked for the card.

A fourth main-card fight is expected to be added in the coming weeks.