Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If you guys haven't seen The Tommy Toe Hold Show, you really gotta check it out. It's a weekly MMA news cartoon series, and this guy just kills me. His impressions are ridiculously funny. I recommend watching the shows where he does impressions of Nick Diaz and Chael Sonnen. Here's the new episode for this week:

Turns out Bisping is hurt as well, Lombard is fighting Boetsch at 149 now.

So if Lombard tears through Boetsch, does he still get a title shot next? I can't see it happening, with Munoz, Bisping & Stann being in front of him, but stranger things have happened in the UFC. If Munoz or Stann won their next fight, I was content putting them at the top of the list for next title shot, but Lombard throws a wrench into the mix, especially since he is not fighting Bisping anymore, we have no idea where to rank him amongst the others. At least with a Bisping fight, win or lose you could easily slot Lombard ahead or behind of Bisping, but if he beats Boetsch, does he really move up or down at all in people's general rankings? (since there is no official rankings, but you know what i'm talking about)

So if Lombard tears through Boetsch, does he still get a title shot next?
Hector Lombard's new UFC game plan: Beat Boetsch, fight 'complainers,' go for title

SUNRISE, Fla. – Hector Lombard (31-2-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is understandably disappointed about swapping a headliner with Brian Stann for a main-card fight with Tim Boetsch (15-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC).

"But it's not the end of the world," Lombard today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Give him a fight with Michael Bisping after he presumably beats Boetsch, and he'll be a happy man, he said.

"There are complainers out there, like Bisping," Lombard said. "He's not happy that I'm getting the title shot. So I need to fight all these complainers first."

Lombard hasn't been told whether his fight with Boetsch, which now takes place July 21 at UFC 149, still has title implications, as did his fight with fight Stann at UFC on FOX 4. But his goals have changed since he signed with the UFC.

Lombard said he'd now rather fight Bisping before fighting middleweight champ Anderson Silva.

"[bisping] went ahead and he started talking bad about me on the Internet that I would get a title shot," he said. "Stuff like that bothers me. I never talk bad about any fighter.

"He had his chances before, and he lost the fights. They've been giving him a lot of opportunities, and he loses the fights."

Bisping was actually the first opponent Lombard requested after inking his contract, but the Brit wasn't available at the time. Instead, the promotion gave him the popular Stann, whose standup-heavy style offered an exciting match.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29096/hector-lombards-new-ufc-game-plan-beat-boetsch-fight-complainers-go-for-title.mma

Apparently he wants to beat Boetsch and then go after Bisping, title shot be damned. I like Lombard a lot more after this article. :)

First round to Mighty Mouse

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

2nd to McCall

3rd round determines the winner. McCall getting flash takedowns, but not doing anything with it, but its stifling Mighty Mouse's offense.

MM has the clear advantage striking so far.

---------- Post added June-8th-2012 at 10:55 PM ----------

I got Mighty Mouse winning the 3rd on striking combinations and overall control

Mighty Mouse wins 29-28 on my card.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/9/3075614/ufc-149-jose-aldo-injured-faber-new-main-event-against-barao-koch

Due to injury, Jose Aldo has withdrawn from his scheduled title defense against Erik Koch at UFC 149.

With forty-two days until the event, the UFC has decided to pull the interim title bout between Urijah Faber and Renan Barao from the July 7th, 2012 UFC 148 card and slide the fighters over to UFC 149.

Hopefully they give Koch some "go away money" and set up Aldo vs. Korean Zombie when Aldo heals up.

I understand why they did it but it significantly weakens the Silva/Sonnen II card IMO...I was really looking forward to the card like it was.

---------- Post added June-9th-2012 at 10:49 PM ----------

btw, they should just put together Zombie vs. Koch and legitimize the next title shot

This Friday and Saturday are back to back UFC events. Wand vs. Franklin II...Franklin is a little more disciplined, but it's easy to see Wand hurting him, cointoss to me. Then Russow/Werdum...virtually everyone will pick Fab to win that. Wouldn't be surprised to see him win via T(KO), but Russow is one of those weird Scott Smith types. Seems to have little upside, yet finds ways to win.

Maynard/Guida...Gray's power vs. Clay's pressure. Should be fun. Will have to ponder how likely it is for Gray to finish Clay.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

If you go to YouTube and type in "Free Fight" the UFC has posted several full-length, HD quality fights that you can watch for free. Pretty cool stuff.

---------- Post added June-19th-2012 at 02:45 PM ----------

http://mmarecaptv.com/video/dBGqVGQGjBw/UFC-148-Anderson-Silva-VS-Chael-Sonnen-2-Trailer.html

its crazy how confident sonnen is against anderson. Hes basically saying hes a champ and hes giving anderson a shot at his belt in this video lol wtf

Chael gonna Chael

If you go to YouTube and type in "Free Fight" the UFC has posted several full-length, HD quality fights that you can watch for free. Pretty cool stuff.

---------- Post added June-19th-2012 at 02:45 PM ----------

Chael gonna Chael

you herd about how sonnen try to play it off like he didnt know the rules. He said he thought he won the fight since he won 4 out of the 5 rounds lolz

http://mmarecaptv.com/video/P88g9GR3NZs/Jim-Rome-interviews-Chael-Sonnen-5-14-2012-mp4.html

watch from 4:23

He's just putting on a show. I really want to see the rematch but I wish they would've left the Faber fight on the card...btw, some pics of Hendo training for Jones:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/com.clixtr.picbounce/photos/056c96b0-9d78-012f-fdea-12313d1810f3/r600x600.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/com.clixtr.picbounce/photos/7ce0abd0-9d77-012f-ca3d-1231381354c8/r600x600.jpg

I think hendo will out strike jones. But he will prob get tapped out by one of jones vicious guillotine.

I think hendo will out strike jones. But he will prob get tapped out by one of jones vicious guillotine.

Dan doesn't have the speed necessary to get inside that long reach of Jones. Jones will be able to stay on the outside and pick Dan apart.

Edited by StillUnknown