Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Nick speaks

Man I'm a big fan but that was some weak sauce BS right there. I can actually appreciate the fact that he thinks all the press stuff is a beauty pageant but beyond that he had no explanation for his idiot crap. I don't think he is "ready to fight."

Yeah this reeks of some ProWrestling territory. How can Dana be so angry and concerned one second, and then suddenly have the confidence to throw Diaz in a CO-MAIN EVENT on the very same card?

Neither fighter has too long to prepare for one another, however these guys are sort of mirrors of each other. Crazy good boxing and crazy good BJJ....should be a nice war.

A conspiracy theorist would suggest maybe Zuffa didn't think enough people knew who Diaz was, wanted to get him a fight with a high profile opponent in order to build up his rep a little more.

Also, if Diaz wins do you think Dana gives him the ok to confront winner of GSP/Condit during the post fight?

If Diaz & GSP win, watch them end up as first pair of coaches on the first TUF on new network.

A conspiracy theorist would suggest maybe Zuffa didn't think enough people knew who Diaz was, wanted to get him a fight with a high profile opponent in order to build up his rep a little more.

But the argument to that is that they threw Condit in the main event. As good of a fighter that Condit is, he is still a little under the radar. I think a lot more people know Diaz than know Condit.

@danawhite

Dana White

This is crazy but here we go again! You wanted it so you got it. Penn vs Diaz Oct 27th in Vegas

So they don't trust him to show up for the main event, but they trust Nick to show up for the co main event? :wtf:

yeah Dana did not have much credibility before but now he has none. And if he thinks Nick will show up to any other press event now he is crazy, you just played right into him, telling him you pulled the fight and then gave him the co main event.

I actually think Dana's hands where tied, I don't know for a fact but I bet that UFC fighter contracts do not have any clause for showing up to a press conference (or if it is there maybe the language is not clear in that if a fighter misses the press events the contract is terminated) and either Diaz's lawyers or the UFC lawyers pointed this out to Dana and to avoid a breach of contract lawsuit, Dana gave Diaz the Penn fight.

yeah Dana did not have much credibility before but now he has none. And if he thinks Nick will show up to any other press event now he is crazy, you just played right into him, telling him you pulled the fight and then gave him the co main event.

I actually think Dana's hands where tied, I don't know for a fact but I bet that UFC fighter contracts do not have any clause for showing up to a press conference (or if it is there maybe the language is not clear in that if a fighter misses the press events the contract is terminated) and either Diaz's lawyers or the UFC lawyers pointed this out to Dana and to avoid a breach of contract lawsuit, Dana gave Diaz the Penn fight.

If that were the case, and it were a breach of contract, Diaz would still be fighting GSP. I don't particularly like how things went down, but the end result is that the fans are getting two pretty damn good fights on the same card. I think these two matchups are better than the original ones, IMO.

I don't think that Diaz won this battle at all, because even though he is still fighting and employed, he got demoted. It is still a high profile fight, but I guarantee that he is not getting paid as much and he is not fighting for the strap. I think Diaz will show up for future pressers because while he can be as bold and profane as he wants in a youtube video, he was wrong on this one and everyone called him on it. He made a fool out of himself and I am pretty sure he had to quickly rebuild some bridges before he got the Penn fight.

Edited by lovetoaster

I don't see the point giving Diaz such a high profile fight. If he beats Penn, can you give him a title shot and trust he won't pull this same bull**** again?

It's dangerous, that's for sure. But I am sure Dana and Nick have had a cordial chat and if it happens again he will be fighting on M-1 cards in Kiev or boxing in front of 500 people at the Atlantic City Hilton.

I would hope at some point, Nick would realize that his antics could torpedo his livelihood and destroy what he has worked so hard to attain. It certainly sounded like his coach and his brother, probably the two most important people in his life, were fed up with things. Maybe Nate, Cesar and Dana held an intervention with Nick. I would pay money to see that.

Edited by lovetoaster

I don't see the point giving Diaz such a high profile fight. If he beats Penn, can you give him a title shot and trust he won't pull this same bull**** again?

I don't think it matters. To Dana it's all about putting asses in seats and Nick Diaz does that. Dana has to look like he has some sort of control though, but as long as Nick can be a big draw, he's going to get some leeway.

This is a better style matchup for both matches though IMO. Diaz/Penn have a very similar style and Condit is more of a threat to GSP IMO.

I don't think it matters. To Dana it's all about putting asses in seats and Nick Diaz does that. Dana has to look like he has some sort of control though, but as long as Nick can be a big draw, he's going to get some leeway.

This is a better style matchup for both matches though IMO. Diaz/Penn have a very similar style and Condit is more of a threat to GSP IMO.

Condit may have a little more power than Diaz, but it becomes irrelevant because GSP won't stand with him. Off their backs, where a fight with GSP would take place, I give Diaz a big edge, not that it would win him the fight.

I bet Dana will make Nick fight every top 5-7 contender in the weight class before Diaz earns another shot. Penn, then Fitch, Condit (if he loses to GSP), Kos, Sanchez, Hughes... you name one. Diaz will have to go through him. IMHO Nick Diaz just ruined any chance at being a UFC champ but will still be forced under contract to make money for the Fertittas.

Heck, Nick might have to fight Noons and Daley again before he sniffs a title opportunity. :)

Edited by Chachie

:ols: