Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

So, today Chael Sonnen is eligible for another appeal and reinstatement by the Commission.

Does anyone have any news on this - whether he plans to re-appeal right away, or any other info or opinions ?

Does this help? http://www.fightinginsider.com/2011/06/30/chael-sonnens-indefinite-suspension-is-over/

First story I clicked on after a Google search.

My opinion is that I'm sick of hearing about this guy's problems. He's an absolute dick to respectful people, screw him, stop trying to cheat at everything in your ****ing life. All this guy does is bring bad vibes, he reminds me of the consummate coke head. Thinks he's the coolest person in the world because he's constantly a completely stuck up *******. I couldn't care any less about the problems he's brought on himself. I'll gladly talk about Chael when he's signed to fight again (AKA: lose via triangle)

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/6/30/2252777/brett-rogers-charged-with-3rd-degree-assault-mma-news-strikeforce

Strikeforce heavyweight Brett Rogers, who less than two weeks ago competed inside the cage, has been charged with third degree assault of his wife, MyFoxTwinCities reports.

Brett Charles Rogers, 30, has been charged with assault in the third degree, domestic assault by strangulation and pattern of stalking conduct -- all felonies --in Dakota County. He was also charged with endangerment of a child, a gross misdameanor.

His wife blacked out from being choked, suffered a golf ball sized wound on her face among smaller wounds. The couples daughter had tried to intervene after she saw Rogers strike her mother.

Rogers admits he had been drinking before an argument broke out with he and his wife. He claims she punched him and he returned force.

Rogers was arrested in the early morning hours Wednesday and his bail was set at $100,000. The charge he is under brings the following punishment if convicted, according to the State of Minnesota:

Subdivision 1. Substantial bodily harm. Whoever assaults another and inflicts substantial bodily harm may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than five years or to payment of a fine of not more than $10,000, or both.

Per terms of his bail, which, according to the state has not been paid, Rogers cannot go within three miles of the residence and must have no contact with the victims, among other things.

this dude is a piece of ****

full criminal complaint: http://services.co.dakota.mn.us/complaintSearch/complaint.aspx?ID=11206

If (read: when) Daiz wins, GSP will get an immediate rematch. The welterweights have a lot of time to sort themselves out.

Shields is fighting Ellenberger.

I'd give Brenenenanener Alves

Story the loser of Kim-Condit.

Kampmann was suppose to fight Howard so I say give him Brown since he beat Howard

I'm hoping they don't do a Penn-Fitch rematch, but they probably will. If not, Fitch gets the winner of Shields-Ellenberger or the winner of Hughes-Sanchez.

I hope Penn goes back to 155. Edgar was just a bad matchup for him and he had a horrible gameplan. Penn can take that fight if he goes at it like he did Fitch. He can also take anyone else in that division. I think the welterweights are too big for him.

Details of the Rogers incident are horrible.

A neighbor reported that he had looked out his window and saw Rogers standing over his wife, repeatedly punching her in the head and face as she lay on the ground. Another neighbor stated that he saw her with blood “streaming from her face and mouth” with what looked to be a missing tooth.

Rogers’ nine-year old daughter saw the incident unfold and yelled at her father to stop. Rogers’ ten-year old daughter was also present and witnessed the attack, admitting that she had seen her father strike her mother in the past. She also reported that her father had struck the children within the last two years.

Rogers’ wife, T.R., was located by officers walking by a nearby school with injuries on her face that included a golf ball-sized bump above her left eyebrow, injuries to her ears and jaw, a missing tooth and numerous wounds to her neck and back.

Does this help? http://www.fightinginsider.com/2011/06/30/chael-sonnens-indefinite-suspension-is-over/

First story I clicked on after a Google search.

My opinion is that I'm sick of hearing about this guy's problems. He's an absolute dick to respectful people, screw him, stop trying to cheat at everything in your ****ing life. All this guy does is bring bad vibes, he reminds me of the consummate coke head. Thinks he's the coolest person in the world because he's constantly a completely stuck up *******. I couldn't care any less about the problems he's brought on himself. I'll gladly talk about Chael when he's signed to fight again (AKA: lose via triangle)

Thanks, when I Googled, there were no stories more recent than May 2011. I'd be curious to hear what Google terms you used. I think I used "Chael Sonnen, Appeal, Commission" or something like that.

As for your opinions on Chael, I agree with his character. But looking at it from an athletic point of view (which many fans opt to do in sports with athletes of questionablae character ), I can't help but to respect him. As everyone here most definitely knows, he's the only fighter in the world who exposed what many believed to be the best P4P fighter in the world and the only one who came within a sliver of beating him, and the only one who boldly predicted and believed he would dominate him in such a way. Yea, I know he lost, blah blah, but all the above is still true.

As for your opinions on Chael, I agree with his character. But looking at it from an athletic point of view (which many fans opt to do in sports with athletes of questionablae character ), I can't help but to respect him. As everyone here most definitely knows, he's the only fighter in the world who exposed what many believed to be the best P4P fighter in the world and the only one who came within a sliver of beating him, and the only one who boldly predicted and believed he would dominate him in such a way. Yea, I know he lost, blah blah, but all the above is still true.

No its not true. Chael didn't expose anything about Anderson that wasn't already known. Chael executed a strategy better than anyone Anderson faced before, but everybody knew Anderson's weakness is takedown defense

Thanks, when I Googled, there were no stories more recent than May 2011. I'd be curious to hear what Google terms you used. I think I used "Chael Sonnen, Appeal, Commission" or something like that.

You asked for my opinion on his problems, so I gave it. Athletic point of view? He's a really good MMA fighter that needs to work on avoiding triangles.

A good thing to do when looking for recent news is to type the month and year after what you want to search for. "Chael Sonnen Reinstatement June 2011" Or something like that.

No its not true. Chael didn't expose anything about Anderson that wasn't already known. Chael executed a strategy better than anyone Anderson faced before, but everybody knew Anderson's weakness is takedown defense

Then why didn't anyone else to focus more on taking him down ?

You asked for my opinion on his problems, so I gave it. Athletic point of view? He's a really good MMA fighter that needs to work on avoiding triangles.

A good thing to do when looking for recent news is to type the month and year after what you want to search for. "Chael Sonnen Reinstatement June 2011" Or something like that.

I appreciate your stating your opinion, and I agree with it, both from a character and athletic point of view. Chael is a sucker for triangles :)

:ols:

Mitrione is hilarious.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/29/matt-mitrione-not-satisfied-with-win-but-would-love-shot-at-tit/?sct=mma_t2_a6

Matt Mitrione Not Satisfied With Win, but Would Love Shot at Tito Ortiz

By Matt Erickson

MMA writer

Matt Mitrione may be a little conflicted about the type of opponent he'd like to fight next. But he's not at all conflicted about wanting one particular dream grudge match, even if it's not a highly realistic probability.

Mitrione, who improved to 5-0 in his 18-month MMA career with a knockout of Christian Morecraft on Sunday at UFC on Versus 4, told host Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's edition of "The MMA Hour" that he would love a chance to fight Tito Ortiz, with whom he has a newly born beef.

Ortiz fights Ryan Bader on Saturday at UFC 132, and UFC president Dana White said in January that if the former light heavyweight champion loses his next fight, he is likely to be cut from the UFC. Mitrione predicted a win for Bader and a pink slip for Ortiz shortly afterward.

"I say Bader (wins) by sending that giant planet of (Ortiz's) head straight into the atmosphere," Mitrione said before launching into a short diatribe at Ortiz. "I'm so glad that d-----bag spent all that money sponsoring Christian Morecraft and then lost again. Just like your pride was lost, the person representing your company lost.

"You're gonna lose again and get cut from the UFC. If for some reason you don't get cut from the UFC, I already talked to (Joe) Silva. I would love to fight you. I'll fight you at a catch weight. I will pull myself back to Ethiopian standards from back in the day and be as thin as possible, and I will punch you in that planet-sized dome of yours and send you packing finally and for good. Mr. Jameson, that was directed toward you."

Mitrione came under fire from Ortiz for comments he made on his "Mitrione Minute" segment on "The MMA Hour," and elsewhere, that were critical of Ortiz and his wife, former adult entertainment actress Jenna Jameson. The two exchanged words in a now-famous moment caught on video by Roy Nelson at the UFC's Fighter Summit in Las Vegas.

Ortiz co-hosted "Inside MMA" on HDNet earlier this month and said Mitrione crossed the line by bringing up his family.

"You don't talk about another man's woman," Ortiz said on the show. "This guy was a d-----bag by saying what he said and then he tried to come up and kiss my butt, shake my hand. I never met the guy. I don't know who the guy is. ... And then he goes on to say he will cut weight to fight me. Come on dude, what fight? ... Respect the fighters that paved the way for you to be here. I have been doing this for 14 years."

Mitrione is a heavyweight who weighed in at 261 pounds for his fight on Sunday; Ortiz fights at light heavyweight. Ortiz has not won a fight since a TKO win over Ken Shamrock in October 2006. Since then, he has four losses and a draw. His UFC 121 loss to Matt Hamill last October was the only won that didn't come against a champion, former champion or future champion.

Though a fight against Ortiz may be just a daydream scenario right now, Mitrione isn't certain where he fits in the UFC's heavyweight landscape. Four of his five UFC wins have come by knockout or TKO, and the fifth was a Fight of the Night performance against Joey Beltran in his home city of Indianapolis last September. But Mitrione believes his win over Morecraft on Sunday was not up to snuff.

"To be totally honest, I think this was probably my worst fight next to (my debut win over) Marcus Jones," Mitrione said. "I made so many mistakes. I got taken down on a horrible double. I didn't defend my wall takedowns at all. I'm glad my striking hands are heavy. He ended up brawling with me, which I didn't expect him to do. His hand positioning threw me off a little bit. I was doing so many different styles of jabs against him, because I was trying to figure out what was going to land against him."

Mitrione said he believes he still has work to do to improve – and he spent much of his training camp for Morecraft training at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas and said he plans to return there. But if he were matched up against a veteran, he isn't sure how he would fare if his performance was on par with how he judged himself Sunday in Pittsburgh.

"I want to fight a top guy," Mitrione said. "I like and respect Frank Mir. He and I are cool, and I think it would be a really fun fight. (But) I made so many mistakes (Sunday). I wonder if anyone else who fights feels the way I do after they fight. If I would have made those mistakes against Cheick Kongo or Frank Mir, I would've lost. It makes me wonder what the right step is next. My hands, I can scrap with anybody. Technique wise, ehh ..."

But one thing Mitrione said he is sure of, other than wanting that dream fight with Ortiz, is that he puts plenty of pressure on himself to be better each time out.

"The only way to be perfect is to expect it of yourself," Mitrione said. "I feel like there's a level of professionalism I owe to the fans, and they should see the best me possible."

Then why didn't anyone else to focus more on taking him down ?

the people Anderson's faced weren't great wrestlers (outside of Chael & Henderson). Anderson may have weak takedown defense once you get a hold of him, but his speed and defensive footwork keeps him out of alot of bad takedown positions

taking him down is one thing, keeping him there is another. Franklin got him down in their 2nd fight and Anderson popped right back up, Marquardt couldn't keep him there, neither could Vitor.

Anderson's a legit blackbelt in jiu-jitsu, but he mainly uses to create scrambles and get back to his feet. (unless he's trying to prove a point as he did with Sonnen)

Edited by StillUnknown

All Chael did was lie about "Testosterone replacement therapy" or whatever the buzz phrase is. His testosterone was reading at a 9:1 ration which is impossible unless you are obviously doping. The normal ratio is 1:1, if you are a super athlete and even farther maybe someone who runs in decathalon you might make 3:1 ration at the very peak of your career. A 9:1 ration? GTFO here with your lies.

Only reason Chael is "fighting soon" while Marquardt is fired is because it is his second offense, and also Chael sells tickets, Nate doesn't.

Edited by NoCalMike

UFC 132: Silva vs. Leben, picks:

Dennis Siver vs. Watt Miman: Siver will be too unpredictable and busy with his striking for Wiman to outpoint him. Siver's takedown defense has also been looking sharp.

Siver Decision

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyung Kim: People are high on Kim, but this is a serious step up in competition. I think Condit's experience and especially tenacious mindset will be overwhelming for Kim, I think he'll get the finish against the undefeated Korean.

Condit, TKO (punches), round 3

Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader: This is going to be an interesting one for sure. For some reason I think Tito will randomly win this one. Outside of those wild right hands, I don't see Ortiz getting hurt by anything. I think, again, with that invaluable experience by his side, Tito can find openings in Bader's striking to latch on for takedowns. Roll of the dice, but Tito has always been a tall order for anybody not named Chuck Liddell.

Ortiz Decision

Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben: I think Leben is hitting his peak and Wand's been popped one too many times. I think we'll see a sort of Rampage/Wand 3 replay, where Chris suddenly lands a looping haymaker in a wild fight and ends it.

Leben, KO round 2

Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber: Cruz wants a striking battle and Faber wants a ground war, it should be a crazy fight either way. Just excited, but I think Cruz wins the majority of the rounds.

Cruz Decision

UFC 132 Picks:

Denis Siver vs. Matt Wiman: not terribly interested in this fight to be honest. I'll go Wiman though.

Wiman by Unanimous Decision

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim: Condit has displayed terrible takedown defense throughout his career. Kim's best attribute is his ability to take people down. If Kim stands for any extended length of time, he deserves to be knocked out which will come. Kim will take Condit down repeatedly, an smother him on route to a decision. Condit will threaten from his back, but it won't be enough.

Kim by Unanimous Decision

Ryan Bader vs. Tito Ortiz: Babies have been born, learned to crawl, walk, talk, and have started school since Tito last won a fight.

Bader by Unanimous Decision

Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben: Leben will win solely because I don't want him to (and I trust his chin a bit more than Wandy's). Prove me wrong Wandy, prove me wrong.

Leben by (T)KO, Round 1

Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber: Their 2007 fight is close to irrelevant. Neither will surprise the other with anything special, so it will come down to who can execute better. I love Cruz's standup, he knows he doesn't have any power so he just goes high on volume. His movement tends to frustrate fighters when they can't get a read on him. Cruz has also shown to be a pretty good wrestler, particularly transitioning his strikes to takedowns at just the right moment. I think Faber's best chance is to catch Cruz in submission during a scramble. Cruz is still improving as a fighter, I'm not sure I can say the same for Urijah. Cruz will control things on the feet and add a takedown or two to secure the rounds.

Cruz by Unanimous Decision

Edited by StillUnknown