Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Strikeforce: Post-Fight Punchers, picks:

Mousasi vs. Jardine: Pink Elephant in the room is Jardine's chin.

Mousasi 1st rd KO

Aoki vs. Beerbohm: Lot of grappling, Aoki in a tough fight to call.

Aoki Decision

Melendez vs. Kawajiri: Melendez dominates, but can't finish the hard nosed Kawajiri

Melendez Decision

Diaz vs. Daley: Diaz doesn't ever seem to care, but he gets hit - a lot. He's completely confident in his chin, and it will receive its biggest test ever here. Problem is, Daley has to knock him out cold, or at least really close to it before he pounces. I get a feeling this fight could be legendary, but I can also see Nick getting a bad cut once again and having the fight stopped. When it comes down to it, it's a given Nick will take some shots, but I'll bank on Daley pouncing at the wrong time and getting subbed.

Diaz, armbar rd 2.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Strikeforce: Post-Fight Punchers, picks:

Mousasi vs. Jardine: Pink Elephant in the room.

Mousasi 1st rd KO

Aoki vs. Beerbohm: Lot of grappling, Aoki in a tough fight to call.

Aoki Decision

Melendez vs. Kawajiri: Melendez dominates, but can't finish the hard nosed Kawajiri

Melendez Decision

Diaz vs. Daley: Diaz doesn't ever seem to care, but he gets hit - a lot. He's completely confident in his chin, and it will receive its biggest test ever here. Problem is, Daley has to knock him out cold, or at least really close to it before he pounces. I get a feeling this fight could be legendary, but I can also see Nick getting a bad cut once again and having the fight stopped. When it comes down to it, it's a given Nick will take some shots, but I'll bank on Daley pouncing at the wrong time and getting subbed.

Diaz, armbar rd 2.

I got Jardine beating Mousasi. I think Nick better get it to the ground but you know he is gonna stand and try to prove a point. It would'nt shock me at all if he knocks Daley out or subs him. With all that said i'm going Daley with a brutal left hook to end the fight.

This should be an awesome card tonight.

Diaz's teammate shields has already fought and beaten Daley, I'm sure he's helped Diaz train for this fight. Diaz will probably come out and bang with Daley for a little bit to prove a point. I still think if he avoids getting clipped early, he'll end up choking Daley out at some point. Then hopefully we won't see Daley on anymore Zuffa productions. He can go back to England and have tea and bad teeth.

Mousasi vs. Jardine: one of the weakest chins in mma, combined with very bad striking defense vs. one of the better strikers at 205? I wonder what could possibly happen

Mousasi by (T)KO, Round 1

Aoki vs. Beerbohm: Beerbohm is good on the ground, he's not on Aoki's level though. Beerbohm would be wise to take advantage of the use of elbows on the ground, something Aoki probably hasn't experienced. Aoki will get the clinch, drag the fight to the ground and catch a sub in a scramble

Aoki by Submission, Round 2

Melendez vs. Kawajiri: Kawajiri is making a huge mistake by not training in cage. that dynamic alone will be enough to throw a gameplan drastically off course. Their fight back in 2006 was greatness, hopefully this one measures up as well. I think Melendez pushes a pace that Kawajiri won't be able to sustain and stops him late

Melendez by (T)KO, Round 4

Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley: We all know this fight will be incredibly one sided if it hits the ground. Diaz will have issues getting it there though. Standing Diaz should use his range, but he likes to mix it up to his detriment sometimes. Even in his last couple of victories, Diaz has been tagged clean. Elbow could hurt Diaz as he's known to cut easy. Bottom line, Diaz will leave his chin unprotected and there to be hit, Daley won't need many shots to end his night.

Daley by (T)KO, Round 2

Mousasi vs. Jardine:

Poor Jardine has one of the most suspect chins in MMA. Mousasi is a terrible matchup for him. If what I think is going to happen, happens...Jardine's pro MMA career is probably over.

Mousasi by KO, Round 2

Aoki vs. Beerbohm:

Beerbohm is a pretty good prospect with an interesting story, but Aoki is one of the best grapplers in MMA. Beerbohm's wrestling will help him and maybe he can use the cage to his advantage, but realistically Aoki is too good. Beerbohm will do something sloppy and get caught in a sub.

Aoki by armbar Round 2

Melendez vs. Kawajiri:

This should be an awesome fight. Both fighters are well rounded and have been in faced paced barnburners in the past. I just read SU's post about Kawajiri not training in a cage. Not a good idea against a guy like Melendez that's trying to make a statement to the Zuffa bigwigs. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one go the distance.

Melendez by UD

Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley:

Daley is a one-trick pony but this pony does a pretty good trick. I could see Diaz getting caught and going to sleep, especially early. But Diaz is the better overall fighter. Shields has way worse standup than Diaz and he was able to fend off Daley on the feet long enough to get a submission. Of course, Diaz lacks the wrestling but if he survives into the later rounds and wears Daley down, he'll get the fight where he wants it and easily sub Daley.

Diaz by RNC Round 3

:ols: Just watch...

:ols:

I love the Noguerias

---------- Post added April-9th-2011 at 05:45 PM ----------

Also:

Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami Targeted for UFC: Rio in August

The UFC had allowed fans to get pretty worked up about a potential super-fight between middleweight champion Anderson Silva and welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre after Silva beat Vitor Belfort at UFC 126. Since then the promotion has apparently backed off, with GSP being quite vocal about his hesitance to make the jump. Now word is coming from Silva's camp that Yushin Okami may finally be getting his shot at UFC: Rio: (via Tatame.com)

According to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, former UFC heavyweight champion and his training partner, Silva will fight Yushin Okami, the last opponent to defeat him (by DQ at Rumble on the Rock 8, in 2006), trying to set a new record of nine straight title defenses in the UFC. The return of the organization to Brazil will take place at Rio de Janeiro’s HSBC Arena, on August 27.

:yawnee: