Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-Leben-Arrested-on-Suspicion-of-DUI-27661

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

by Mike Whitman (mwhitman@sherdog.com)

According to Hawaii News Now, UFC middleweight Chris Leben was arrested Tuesday by Honolulu police on suspicion of DUI.

Leben reportedly crashed his truck while driving on the H-1 Freeway. “The Crippler” was allegedly driving with neither a license nor insurance. After being taken into custody, the former “TUF” competitor was released on $1,000 bail.

This is not the first time that Leben, 30, has been accused of an alcohol-related offense. He was arrested in 2008 by Oregon police on charges of parole violation in relation to a previous DUI offense. Leben was sentenced to 35 days in jail, requiring his UFC 85 matchup with Michael Bisping to be pushed back to UFC 89.

Originally from Portland, Ore., Leben moved to East Oahu, Hawaii, in 2007 to become the head coach at Icon Fitness MMA Gym. Additionally, Leben opened his own training center, Ultimate Fight School. Leben is coming off three straight wins, the first time he’s accomplished that feat since 2006. He most recently submitted Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116 in July, and he’s scheduled to meet Brian Stann at UFC 125 on New Year’s Day.

Leben can't get out of his own way

Anyone else enjoying Kos slowly losing his mind on TUF. He's tried everything to get a rise out of GSP and failed. Meanwhile his fighters are down 1-5 and looking depressed as hell.

GSP looks like he's putting every insult in his mind to be used as fuel when he fights Kos later. He's going to beat on that poor **** for 5 rounds.

Well I was sad being an Armenian, I was sad for Sevag, I wanted him to win. That other looked way to mellow hahaha

Honestly, I thought Sevak was going to maul Brookins. It just seemed like that was what it was building up to. I was wrong.

But Brookins did go three rounds with Aldo. I had forgotten about that.

Honestly, I thought Sevak was going to maul Brookins. It just seemed like that was what it was building up to. I was wrong.

But Brookins did go three rounds with Aldo. I had forgotten about that.

Brookins managed to take Aldo down for about half a second with nice lateral drop....................then Aldo gave him the Faber treatment for the next 10 min :ols:

Anyone else enjoying Kos slowly losing his mind on TUF. He's tried everything to get a rise out of GSP and failed. Meanwhile his fighters are down 1-5 and looking depressed as hell.

I am. :)

Josh simply doesn't get it. I honestly think he's dumb as a brick. Not only will he not create his own good karma by learning a trick or two from Georges, he's just not clever about playing the bad guy. He has no idea how lame his attacks are and how silly he looks right now. It's even getting easier to tell (episode by episode) that Josh doesn't care much about his fighters. He only cares about how they rep him. GSP simply owns Kos.

The only way Kos beats St. Pierre is to pull a Serra and connect with a huge punch early. He definitely has the power in his hands to do this but I doubt Georges will let himself get in a position to be punched hard ever again.

As for the fights last night- My friend and I were saying thru the entire first half of the episode that Cody's opponent (forget his name) was talking himself into an early guillotine. Sometimes the editing of the show let's you know who is going down because it focuses on their bragging and disrespect. Boom. Cody slaps on the choke within 20 secs and it's over. :)

In the 2nd fight I was rooting for the long-haired dude. I used to date an Armenian gal (awesome human being) and I know that Armenian fighters are tough as nails so I wanted to root for Sevak but I didn't like his attitude and his outburst in the house toward Bruce Leroy. I thought Sevak was going to win though, until I saw that big throw over the top from the other kid. I knew then that he had too much for Sevak and it wasn't long before that fight was over.

Really good episode in what has been a lackluster season so far.

Marquardt will wipe the floor with Bisping, assuming he beats Okami. Although if Sonnen wins his appeal in December they could have Bisping face him.

http://ht.ly/2X2NE

Dana: "Bisping gets Top 5 opponent next"

Michael Bisping is getting a “top five” opponent in his next bout as he tries to make a run at the UFC middleweight title, UFC president Dana White told Fighters Only.

Asked for his thoughts on Bisping’s fight with Akiyama on Saturday night and where the win places him in the division, White said the Brit looked “great” and would be stepping up in his next match.

“He went in against a very tough durable guy and I knew he was going to be dangerous after getting hit with that big shot as soon as the bell rang. I think Michael kept his composure, I think he kept his head together after he got hit with a big shot, it worked,” White told us.

“I thought he looked great… it definitely puts him back in the mix and he will fight someone top 5 next. He is back on his way towards a title shot.”

Nate Marquardt - who was due to fight Bisping at UFC 116 before the birth of his child interfered - and Yushin Okami are both names that have been repeatedly mooted as likely to be Bisping’s next opponent.

The two of them meet in the headline bout of UFC 122 in a few weeks times (November 12th) but it isn’t clear which of the pair Bisping will meet - the winner of the bout will arguably have done enough to earn a middleweight title shot without having to face Bisping as well, making it more probable that Bisping will face the loser.

pretty good card tonight from Bellator:

Venue: Liacouras Center (Temple University)

Broadcast: FOX Sports Net

MAIN CARD

Champ Eddie Alvarez vs. Roger Huerta (non-title lightweight fight)

Champ Lyman Good vs. Ben Askren (welterweight title fight)

Rick Hawn vs. LeVon Maynard

Deividas Taurosevicius vs. Wilson Reis

Here's his mugshot:

Wow. I don't know if Chris is an alcoholic or just a guy who parties too much but he had too much professional momentum going this year to let things slip like this. He's got to stay off the booze.

Hey 98- was it you who posted the gif of Leben rasing his hands to the crowd before the 3rd round vs. Akiyama? If so, can you post it again? I watched the re-run of that fight on Spike last night and that moment was golden. Pure Leebs. Love the kid.

Hey 98- was it you who posted the gif of Leben rasing his hands to the crowd before the 3rd round vs. Akiyama? If so, can you post it again? I watched the re-run of that fight on Spike last night and that moment was golden. Pure Leebs. Love the kid.

Check the top of the page, Lovetoaster uses it as his sig. :D

GSP looks like he's putting every insult in his mind to be used as fuel when he fights Kos later. He's going to beat on that poor **** for 5 rounds.

Yes, I love it. And I love rubbing it into my husband's face every Wednesday night :ols:

I've been leaning towards Lesnar since I heard this fight announced. Cain has extreme power in his hooks but he's only really teed off on one guy...Zombie-Nog. And while Brock's striking is hardly top-notch, I really think he will win the clinch game here. He soaks up information like a sponge, this is the second fight he's trained with Randy Couture, he's bigger and stronger than Cain, his wrestling pedigree is on a higher level...the clinch game seems to be his all day.

If Brock gets on top of him with a good amount of time, I think we see a repeat of the Frank Mir II finish. If Cain gets on top of Brock, I can see Brock escaping. Cain kept Cheick Kongo down in their fight, but was overall pretty content on scoring points. He didn't set up bombs or any submissions on the ground against him. And this is Kongo we're talking about. Sure, Cain's obviously improved since that fight, but by how much? Is he all of a sudden deadly from the top? PERHAPS, but going off the Kongo fight, where we saw Cain working offensively on the ground 80% of the time, I'll bet against it.

Kongo also belted Cain a few times, and Cheick is not a guy that has rocked many elite fighters in the UFC. Sure, Kongo is built like a Terminator, but looks can be deceiving. He's more of a guy who likes to do accumulative damage. But with one or two punches, Cain got rocked in every round, I believe. This isn't to say Brock has an advantage in the striking, it's just to say perhaps Cain's striking isn't as dominant as a lot of fans make it out to be.

The key for Brock is to stay out of Cain's wheelhouse. There's that distance about a foot in front of Cain's face where he loves to throw those mean hooks. Every time I see a Cain Velasquez training video he's going ape**** on that wall-mounted punching bag with super-hooks. That's what he tagged Nog with...just GTFO of that range.

So it may sound like I'm giving Cain a puncher's chance...but I guarantee it's a higher chance than normal. Lesnar has a knack for wincing and totally covering up when his opponent brings the heat. If Cain gets in the pocket and gets Brock on his proverbial "Achilles heels", he'll have several chances to connect with a bomb.

This fight is all about closing the distance for Brock.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

To me it still all comes down to Cain stopping Brock's shots. Brock is bigger, stronger and faster than Cain...and he's a more accomplished wrestler. IMO, we've seen enough of Brock's skillset now to know what he's bringing to the table. No one has been able to stuff his takedowns and we know that he has freakish cardio for a human being that size. He's been tested in almost all areas of the game. Although some people may disagree with the first one, I think his weaknesses are his chin and his jiu jitsu when he's not in a dominant position.

We've seen Randy rock him, Carwin rock him and Mir rock him before. He hasn't been knocked out but a guy like Cain can stun him with his boxing. That's why I think Cain's best chance to win is to make Brock stand and trade with him, but again, I don't know if Cain is able to do that. If he can't stop Brock's power double, it doesn't matter.

The other chance Cain has is to put Brock on his back and make him play the bottom game. I think as a purple belt, Cain has enough bjj to submit Brock if he's put in an inferior position.

I'm picking Lesnar to win but I haven't decided how. I think he most likely wins a UD or by submission/ gnp from the top.

Edited by #98QBKiller