Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I think Cain has to win this with his hands standing up. Don't see many leg kicks coming from him. Brock's ground control is insane, I think he may finish Cain the first time the fight goes in to his world (if it does).

So Cain should think takedown defense and throw bombs, as almost any UFC heavyweight should against Brock. The one big advantage Cain has coming in to this fight are his hands. I don't think his great cardio will be much of a factor, I'm anticipating both of them to think finish ASAP.

I think Cain has to win this with his hands standing up. Don't see many leg kicks coming from him. Brock's ground control is insane, I think he may finish Cain the first time the fight goes in to his world (if it does).

So Cain should think takedown defense and throw bombs, as almost any UFC heavyweight should against Brock. The one big advantage Cain has coming in to this fight are his hands. I don't think his great cardio will be much of a factor, I'm anticipating both of them to think finish ASAP.

Cain's boxing is very good for a HW MMAist, if he finishes Brock I think it will be standing as well. He may not have Carwin's power but he has a lot better technique which should help him find an opening in Brock's defense.

The main thing Cain has to worry about is avoiding getting taken down. Cain can wrestle but is he big or strong enough to stop Brock's shots? We'll find out. If Brock is able to take him down and move into top position, Cain will be doing well just to survive until the end of the round.

Edited by #98QBKiller

For Brock to win he's going to need to improve as he has in all his fights. Take downs are entirely about technique and speed, not size. If he wants to take this fight down he's going to need to slow down Cain and something tells me he isn't going to start throwing amazing leg kicks all of the suddenly. He'll need to pin Cain against the cage and then change levels, there he can use his size and neutralize Cains speed. That will require patience and cage technique he hasn't been great with in the past. Either that... or land one that wobbles him and slam him while he's wounded.

Cain needs to land legs kicks early and often if he wants to nullify Brocks shot and quick bursts. It's a mistake to exchange with Brock early as Lesnar has shown a significant chin and punching power that can rattle anyone. Avoid avoid avoid in the early rounds and chop down the giant. Box and leg kick nothing else. Frustrate and hurt the champs base. He's got the superior cardio and speed so there is no reason to rush anything. If he makes it to round 3+ Brock should be annoyed and slow which is exactly where Cain wants him... at that point he can decide how to kill the bull.

Hello guys if i can join in, I think first of all its bull**** for Bisping and Akiyama, they are calling the month Brocktober and didnt even do a countdown to the event. Second, I am a koscheck fan but living in MTL, well here GSP is a god. I train MMA(Black Belt Jiu Jitsu and Judo) and I go at Tristar where GSP and other MMA fighters train and man when he gets going he is one scary mofo. Some guy attempted to take him down the last time I saw him, it took him 40 mins and after 20 he called someone else to help him out. GSP is a good guy though and takes time for his fans.

So I was watching mma knockout videos on youtube just now, and one of the highlights had the POV of the ref, he had a camera on him and it was such an AWESOME view. I don't know why that isn't more popular, putting a small camera somewhere on the ref so it's pointing and seeing what he's seeing, while not holding the ref back from making calls in the octagon and doing his job. The camera angle is so great, it gets right in the middle of the action very literally. The ref was running up to them when they went down for the ground and pound and you were standing right next to the action, it was an awesome feeling. Why doesn't this happen more often???????

Edited by styx491

So I was watching mma knockout videos on youtube just now, and one of the highlights had the POV of the ref, he had a camera on him and it was such an AWESOME view. I don't know why that isn't more popular, putting a small camera somewhere on the ref so it's pointing and seeing what he's seeing, while not holding the ref back from making calls in the octagon and doing his job. The camera angle is so great, it gets right in the middle of the action very literally. The ref was running up to them when they went down for the ground and pound and you were standing right next to the action, it was an awesome feeling. Why doesn't this happen more often???????

Probably because the video would be too choppy and too shaky.

Might be good for highlight purposes, but not live.

Hello guys if i can join in, I think first of all its bull**** for Bisping and Akiyama, they are calling the month Brocktober and didnt even do a countdown to the event. Second, I am a koscheck fan but living in MTL, well here GSP is a god. I train MMA(Black Belt Jiu Jitsu and Judo) and I go at Tristar where GSP and other MMA fighters train and man when he gets going he is one scary mofo. Some guy attempted to take him down the last time I saw him, it took him 40 mins and after 20 he called someone else to help him out. GSP is a good guy though and takes time for his fans.

You're a black belt in bjj and judo? I thought Brocktober was stupid too but they did a primetime for this event I believe.

You're a black belt in bjj and judo? I thought Brocktober was stupid too but they did a primetime for this event I believe.

Yes I am a BB in judo and Jiu Jitsu. Spent my younger years training to become one. And about the primetime event, I was talking about the one for Bisping Vs Akiyama. There werent any primetime thing for that fight.

Yes I am a BB in judo and Jiu Jitsu. Spent my younger years training to become one. And about the primetime event, I was talking about the one for Bisping Vs Akiyama. There werent any primetime thing for that fight.

Damn nice, I wish I was black belt in bjj and judo. There was probably no primetime because it was free.

Pride's Ref cam was greatness

Strikeforce has used it on occasion, not sure why the UFC doesn't use it more, probably because they didn't think of it first :ols:

on a sidenote, great quote from Charles Oliveira:

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/10/13/1748867/ufc-quick-quote-god-blessed-charles-oliveira-with-jim-miller-and

"Now that I’m on UFC, I can focus exclusively on my trainings, in my future. Before I didn’t have enough money to buy stuff. I have a girlfriend, Thalita, and sometimes I wanted to take her out for a nice meal and I couldn’t afford it. Now I can go out with her and it what I want… So it’s much better ... Literally a dream. Now, I’m not great. But I can buy my stuff. Well, I bought a new closet. My house is humble, who knows me I almost live on a slum. Now, thanks God, if my girlfriend says: 'Baby, I want to eat a cheeseburger with salad today', I can afford it. If my friend comes to ask me: 'Charles, I’m feeling like eating something but I can’t afford it', I go there and help him. I’m a humble guy, I like to help my friends. Thanks God I’m living my dream, a new life."

Pride's Ref cam was greatness

Strikeforce has used it on occasion, not sure why the UFC doesn't use it more, probably because they didn't think of it first :ols:

The Pride ref cam was awesome! The UFC should at least show a ref cam angle after KOs. Since they bought the rights to Pride they can just pretend like they own the idea lol.

Just picked up and brought home the new EA MMA game for the Xbox360......so far I am not impressed. You get to control options using the "total punch control" (right stick from EA's boxing series) and the clasic control that utilizes a very "UFC Undisputed" style of fight control. The right stick punching in my opinion is garbage....its almost impossible to throw a kick.

The classic controls work a little better and are crisper however again the kicking is hap hazard they say there is a high low modifire button but every time I press it the kick still just does what it wants based on the range of the opponent.

The take downs are a little harder to defend but not bad, the ground game is easier to defend but also easier to execute from an offensive perspective.

The online is ok one cool thing is the PPV/fight card where you can create a fight card and then have people join in or watch it or you can join there fight card, that was actually fun chatting with other games while waiting for my fight to come on.

Overall I give this game a C it is just avergae the only thing that really gets me going is getting to play as other MMA fighters that you cant in the UFC game, and its MMA other than that you will feel much like a Strikeforce fighter playing this game.....you will enjoy it for what it is but you would rather play the UFC version. I probably will beat the game and then sell it back.

I was reading Anik's chat earlier and there were a few mentions of a possible Aldo-Florian fight, but Aldo's management apparently turned it down. I still think he has a few fights in the WEC before he starts moving around, but that news is interesting.

Also, I believe MMA Live has three live shows from Anaheim this weekend: the weigh-ins, a pre-fight show and a post-fight show. It is pretty good stuff for those that have not checked it out.

I was reading Anik's chat earlier and there were a few mentions of a possible Aldo-Florian fight, but Aldo's management apparently turned it down. I still think he has a few fights in the WEC before he starts moving around, but that news is interesting.

Also, I believe MMA Live has three live shows from Anaheim this weekend: the weigh-ins, a pre-fight show and a post-fight show. It is pretty good stuff for those that have not checked it out.

I wouldn't blame him for sticking around and defending his title at FW for a little longer but he's pretty much cleaned house in that division in the WEC. I'm interested to see how he does at 155, he apparently cuts a decent amount of weight to fight at 145 so I think he'll be fine.

BTW, according to Wikipedia his full name is:

José Aldo da Silva Oliveira Júnior

I want to hear Bruce Buffer call him like that...it has the same number of syllables as Nogueria's full name + nickname lol.

The problem with Aldo is that he's not a 155 fighter right now. At 155 he'd have to deal with some pretty strong wrestlers and fighters. Donald Cerrone, Ben Henderson, Sean Sherk, and Gray Maynard come to mind. I'm not sure if he transitions to that type of competition well right now. He'd certainly need to add the muscle weight as opposed to just cutting less weight for the fight. Having said that Ben and Donald are needed in the UFC... those guys put on great fights and they are young and explosive fighters with great all around skill sets. They'd really revamp the UFC's light weight division that isn't looking great IMO.

I'd like to see Donald Cerrone fight Ken-Flo.

Edited by Destino

I wouldn't blame him for sticking around and defending his title at FW for a little longer but he's pretty much cleaned house in that division in the WEC. I'm interested to see how he does at 155, he apparently cuts a decent amount of weight to fight at 145 so I think he'll be fine.

I don't know if he has completely cleaned house in the 145 division. If Grispi wins next month, I think they should fight, although I would love to see Aldo-Hominick. I know Grispi beat Hominick a few years ago and Hominick's record is not as sparkling as Grispi's, but Hominick has been a different fighter over the last two years or so. An Aldo-Hominick fight would be explosive, although it surely would not garner as much money or attention as Aldo-Florian.

I know he is going to move up relatively soon, but I think he should start off with someone a little lower on the food chain than Florian. I know he has lost two of his last four, but he is still a damn good, and big LW. But I say that, and Aldo's camp is probably thinking the opposite. They probably want someone a little higher up the ladder...probably on top of the ladder. By the time the winner of the Edgar-Maynard fight is ready to step in the cage again, they could be staring at Aldo.

Edited by lovetoaster

I don't know if he has completely cleaned house in the 145 division. If Grispi wins next month, I think they should fight, although I would love to see Aldo-Hominick. I know Grispi beat Hominick a few years ago and Hominick's record is not as sparkling as Grispi's, but Hominick has been a different fighter over the last two years or so. An Aldo-Hominick fight would be explosive, although it surely would not garner as much money or attention as Aldo-Florian.

I know he is going to move up relatively soon, but I think he should start off with someone a little lower on the food chain than Florian. I know he has lost two of his last four, but he is still a damn good, and big LW. But I say that, and Aldo's camp is probably thinking the opposite. They probably want someone a little higher up the ladder...probably on top of the ladder. By the time the winner of the Edgar-Maynard fight is ready to step in the cage again, they could be staring at Aldo.

I agree that I'd like to see him fight someone at 155, a little lower on the food chain than Florian. I'm just excited that getting him to 155 is a realistic possibility now. The LW division needs some new blood. Guys like Edgar and Maynard are tough but it seems like that entire division is filling up with the same style of fighters. Someone as good as Aldo could really spice things up.