Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Worst fight ive ever seen. The fighters were " gassed " when all they did for 3.5 rounds were stare at each other. Im calling some bs. This match was rigged from the start. Ive seen houston alexander fight before, and that was the definition of not trying. He had kimbo dazed and on the ground, then just stared at him. That is unacceptable.

Worst fight ive ever seen. The fighters were " gassed " when all they did for 3.5 rounds were stare at each other. Im calling some bs. This match was rigged from the start. Ive seen houston alexander fight before' date=' and that was the definition of not trying.[b'] He had kimbo dazed and on the ground, then just stared at him. That is unacceptable.[/b]

thats the part that made me convinced it was fixed

Hey guys, I just got home. I saw the Slice-Alexander fight, but which ones did I miss beforehand, and what were the results?

mitrione over big baby, 2nd round tko

edgar over veach, 2nd round submission

boceck over brammer, 1st round submission

Edited by StillUnknown

I don't think the fight was fixed. Houston has a glass chin, he wanted to counter Kimbo. He had a extremely conservative gameplan and it was a borefest, but it makes sense because he was essentially suspended from the UFC before this fight. Aggression is great to watch, yeah, but Houston is trying to raise, what, 7 kids? He wanted to play it safe, Kimbo wanted to play it safe.

Both these guys knew that had everything to lose and basically a small contract extension to win. It was simply two old school guys that knew their contracts were potentially on the line. It was boring, but I don't think it was fixed.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

thats the part that made me convinced it was fixed

I mean it was 3rd round even. He was " losing " the whole fight, and he didnt even try to win. On top of it all, some judge gave slice a 30-27? Are you kidding me? This is why people were turned off of boxing. I think ill stick with watching the WEC from now on.

What people will do for money...:doh:

i think its a great event so far...but thats me. 1st rd of the Kimbo fight was weak but it heated up, and I dont blame the fighters for executing on their strategy.

Jon Jones is insane...only 22yrs old too he is going to be ridiculous.

Jones has the most dexterous elbows I've ever seen in MMA. Easily. It's ****ing frightening. He might end up being the guy that causes the first serious brain injury from a fight.

That was horse ****. Jones loses a point yes, but disqualified? No.

DQ was the natural result because the illegal hit lead to the fighter not being able to continue. Tough loss but knowing the rules is important. It's not about what ended the fight as much as the timing of it.

Edited by Destino

I respectfully disagree, the fight should have been stopped before the elbows even happened.

You can make that argument but he did appear to be intelligently defending himself. Personally I agree with you it means anything... Jon Jones clearly won the fight.

You can make that argument but he did appear to be intelligently defending himself. Personally I agree with you it means anything... Jon Jones clearly won the fight.

my only thing is that matt himself said the shoulder injury was why he couldn't continue

didn't help anybody that mazzagatti was the ref :silly:

Edited by StillUnknown