Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Chachie, SO wanted me to notify you that just because he is on ban, youre sig bet with him is still on. To quote SO, " he aint getin out of GSP whoopin penns ass cuz Im on ban"

Thanks, Slack. Tell him that's easy for him to say when he can't be here to have a sig.

These will be worse than Chachie's Picks that none of you should make if you value your reputation:

My picks have been horrible for a while now. Almost feel like giving it up. But here goes...

Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim: I used to love Karo. Then, not so much. Now I just want to see a good fight. Hope him and Kim have one. Karo should be as fired up as ever for this. His cousin Manny is on the card too. Come to think of it, the Diaz bros. will be there as well (I assume Nick will be in Nate's corner). Maybe I just used to watch too much Pro Wrestling, but isn't this a perfect setup for Survivor Series?

The Heat by Decision

Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida: I've gone back and forth on this one. Clay should try to keep this fight standing. Push the pace, clinch, dirty box, Guida will end up taking this fight to the ground. Nate will welcome it and go for subs. Anything can happen here.

Nate by sub round 2.

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva: "Thiago's aggressive style plays right into the hands of Machida's counterstrike strategy. i'm more interested to see what happens if this fight hits the ground as neither is really used to being on their back. both have black belts, although Thiago prefers to use his to gain position and ground n pound people. Machida basically just has to survive Thiago's initial burst and he will probably gas as he had in a couple of his fights in the past. Machida actually finishes an opponent this time."

Yep- Not only did I use your template, Chachie - I used the fight call you used from SU. I think will be a different finish though.

Machida by TKO, 3rd Round

Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn: GSP is just an athlete. BJ Penn is a fighter. GSP may be bigger and stronger, but he is weak in the heart. BJ will attack his heart and break him. GSP tapped to strikes, so he is a little *****.

B.J. Penn by sub (am I in the tank for this guy or what?)

Oh, and steroids......

While we're at it let's jinx Bonnar, Fitch, Tavares, Wilson, and O'Brien too.

Edited by Sebowski

all fighters made weight

although there are some reports that Karo may be pull out for some reason or another

Karo was sick when he weighed in. Apparently they are afraid he might have another panic attack. No joke.

I wasn't even really aware of the whole situation until this afternoon; our good friend just called and left my fiance and I a message that he was in Vegas and had just signed with the UFC to be Karo's backup should Karo back out. So here's to panic attacks and flu-like symptoms! Whoot whoot! :cheers::D

Karo was sick when he weighed in. Apparently they are afraid he might have another panic attack. No joke.

I wasn't even really aware of the whole situation until this afternoon; our good friend just called and left my fiance and I a message that he was in Vegas and had just signed with the UFC to be Karo's backup should Karo back out. So here's to panic attacks and flu-like symptoms! Whoot whoot! :cheers::D

Keep us posted, K?

One thing I have to say is that tonight's card speaks to the evolution of MMA. It was almost 3 years ago that at UFC 58 Penn vs. St. Pierre 1 took place. St. Pierre was a rising fighter but not quite a superstar just yet. BJ Penn still hadn't avenged his fight with Jens Pulver and the big headline of the time was Chuck vs. Randy 3. No one would've guessed that three years later this same bout would be putting two of the best P4P fighters in the world against each other and mean so much. Just shows you how quickly the sport is coming along and how quickly some of these fighters are coming along.

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva: "Thiago's aggressive style plays right into the hands of Machida's counterstrike strategy. i'm more interested to see what happens if this fight hits the ground as neither is really used to being on their back. both have black belts, although Thiago prefers to use his to gain position and ground n pound people. Machida basically just has to survive Thiago's initial burst and he will probably gas as he had in a couple of his fights in the past. Machida actually finishes an opponent this time."

Yep- Not only did I use your template, SU- I used one or your fight calls. I think will be a different finish though.

Machida by RNC, 3rd Round

Yep- Not only did I use your template, Chachie - I used the fight call you used from SU. I think will be a different finish though.

Machida by TKO, 3rd Round

i demand some form of payment for the use of my thoughts :redpunch:

So you know this guy?

http://mmamania.com/2009/01/30/just-in-case-rick-story-on-deck-if-karo-parisyan-cant-go-at-ufc-94/

MMAmania.com has learned that there are concerns that Karo Parisyan will pull out of his upcoming bout against Dong Hyun “Stun Gun” Kim at UFC 94: “St. Pierre vs. Penn 2″ at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, this Saturday night (Jan.31).

Accordingly, the promotion has opted to line up a “Plan B” just in case “The Heat” needs to get out of the kitchen less than 48 hours before fight night. Newcomer Rick Story is waiting in the wings, cutting weight and getting ready to make his Octagon debut against Kim if called upon.

Story is a veteran of the Elite Warriors Championship (EWC) circuit up in Oregon. In fact, he has plied his trade primarily in the northwest, winning seven of nine pro fights. He is currently on a six fight win streak — all of which took place in 2008.

Parisyan most recently recovered from an injury that forced him to withdraw from a fight against Yoshiyuki “Zenko” Yoshida at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” in September literally hours before showtime. It was an unfortunate situation that was made more curious with his admission the he has been dealing with panic attacks.

Numerous critics claimed “The Heat” merely freaked out and used the injury as an excuse to bail from the bout. And if for some reason he is replaced by Story on such short notice this time around, it will likely stoke those flames even higher.

We should get more information on this developing situation as the weigh-in event and fight night draw closer. As of right now, Parisyan is still booked to fight “Stun Gun.” But if for some reason he is scratched at the last minute, Story would take his place.

Stay tuned.

---------

Did Story Weigh-in? I imagine he would have had to to be able to compete tonight.

I feel like Cartman waiting for that game to come out and he decieds to freeze himself so he doesn't have to put up with the waiting. Anyone know a good Cryogenicist?

youre gonna wake up like buck rogers did and they wont even have one.

youre better off just kickin it with towlie and avoiding the trapper keeper monster.

Okay, my prediction for the main event is GSP in a decision. I'm not really into predictions, but I'm throwing this one out there this time because I have a mad crush on GSP and am beyond biased toward him...my rationale for my pick is the fact that GSP is a hottie :D

One thing I have to say is that tonight's card speaks to the evolution of MMA....the big headline of the time was Chuck vs. Randy 3.

Holy crap, I can't believe the Randy/Chuck 3 fight was that long ago! Time has flown. And you're right about the evolution of this sport, it really is amazing. Rewatching the first UFC's now, there is absolutely no comparison. I remember back then how badass those guys looked...but they wouldn't stand a chance against the elite fighters today. I don't ever think I've witnessed a sport evolve this much in this little of time....pretty cool.

So you know this guy?

Did Story Weigh-in? I imagine he would have had to to be able to compete tonight.

Yeah, I know that dork. Ricky's one of our really good friends. He wrestled and lived with Matt in college and is one of the groomsmen in our upcoming wedding...which is the first thing I reminded him of when he called about signing with the UFC. I told him he's on my **** list if he takes a fight then and misses it...just like Matt will be on my **** list if he has to cut for a tournament during our wedding and can't enjoy the party. They'll end up being roommates again...in the doghouse, lol.

About weighing in, I know he was cutting last night to weigh in, so I assume so. From what I know however, Karo's still in and Ricky most likely won't fight. But, he did tell us he signed a 4 fight contract with the UFC, so he'll be on some upcoming fight cards regardless.

UFC 94: Use Riddum to Avoid Death, predictions

Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida: Nate is making quite a splash in the UFC. He is very good at locking in submissions and has excellent hands. When he gets his black belt in Cesar Gracie jiu jitsu, watch out. However, if this kid was in Star Wars he'd go straight to the dark side. He plays the intimidation game and has so much anger and emotion. I think frustration is bound to get the best of this kid. Guida is just the guy to do it. He is one of the hardest guys to break in MMA. Meaning that he isn't afraid to exchange and roll with good ground fighters. I think if this fight goes to a decision, Clay will win, but Nate easily has more potential to finish the fight. I think Clay weasles out of the subs and causes havoc inside the pocket. Get inside and throw Clay! UD, Guida.

Karo Parysian vs. Dong Hyun Kim: I remember two Karo Parysians. One was the guy talking smooth-style smack to Nate Diaz on TUF, and now we have the "emo" Parysian that could possibly come out to a Fall Out Boy song if he is to fight. It's sad to see. I hope he wins this, I like Karo, as much of a non-finisher that he is. That could be a problem in this fight. Kim has heavy hands and finishes fights, Mr. Florian. This is, on paper, a huge step up for Kim. He cleaned out the DEEP promotion in Japan. But those fighters, as well as the ones he's taken on in the UFC, aren't well-rounded vets like Parysian. I think Karo stays smart and strolls to a victory in this one. Keep in mind, he might be bluffing and just making out to be sick. Watch out for him snapping and beating Kim to a pulp. Karo, UD.

Stephan Bonner vs. Jon Jones: Bonner should be able to demoralize and overwhelm the inexperienced Jones. Jones has a well-rounded background, but it's hard to tell his game plan. A surprise overhand right? He's probably looking to finish Stephan with a blow out of nowhere due to Stephan's knack for surviving some big-time wars. Bonner hasn't fought in almost a year and a half, but he looks to be in very good shape. Bonner will pick you apart with his striking, and just to throw it out there, I still think he beat Forrest 29-28 in the TUF Finale! Bonner, TKO G&P, Round 2.

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva: How can you not like Thiago Silva's game? He's 13-0 and has only 1 decision and 1 submission. This guy goes in there to have a damned fight! Machida goes in there to show a self-defense course. But Machida is incredibly excellent at his style. He is so loose, savvy and smooth with his movements that he makes other fighters wonder if they can even get one shot on him. It's like he knows what you're going to do before you even start to do it. The people that hate him, hate him because he is so patient in waiting for his opponent to make a mistake. He will back up all day if the risk is too high. Expect that tonight. Silva has powerful strikes, but I think his game plan certainly has to involve taking Machida to the ground if the haymakers don't land. If he can get to mount or side control, I think this puppy is guaranteed over. Look for Thiago to try his damndest to catch one of Machida's kicks and throw a cross. I think he has to try to pound him out. However, I think Machida ends up on top of Silva and he'll show Thiago what he should of done. I think he wins by TKO to finally relieve some of the criticism that he doesn't finish fights. Machida, TKO G&P, round 3.

Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn: There has been one Lightweight Championship fight since July of 2007. BJ Penn put a knee through Sean Sherk's dome and pounded him out to victory. However you feel about the frozen lightweight division, this fight is pure platinum. There are so many BJ Penn fans, so many GSP fans, and generally there is a collective confidence level from both fan bases that fly through the atmosphere. How many Sherdog forum members do you think cry tonight? While I'm thinking about how crazy this fight is, let me make everybody cringe right now. How many times will you say "un ****ing believable" if this fight is a draw! I see you cringing at the thought right now. Anyway, on to the fight. BJ has very snappy and accurate punching. He always keeps his eyes wide open, he is great at hitting his targets. He barely even blinks when he gets hit in the face, which is definitely not taught, he was born without a fear for fists. GSP might get caught in this one, if BJ lands one as George charges in for a takedown or superman punch, goodnight. GSP should take this to the ground and tire out BJ. BJ might be in great shape, but there's little doubt that George can gas him and really put a chink in his armor after a couple rounds. I think that will be the case. George will tire BJ out and stick some elbows in his face for the win. GSP, G&P TKO, Round 3.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll