Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

mvisit, nice pics man. Not everyone can say they've rolled with Din Thomas and passed his guard. :cheers:

When he armbarred you though, I hope you kept in mind that he's the same guy who's beat Matt Serra, Jens Pulver and Clay Guida

Wow, I didn't even realize that was Din Thomas. Nice going, Mvisit. How did you land that gig? Or is it a one-time thing. I'd be more than happy to go there.

Wow, I didn't even realize that was Din Thomas. Nice going, Mvisit. How did you land that gig? Or is it a one-time thing. I'd be more than happy to go there.

What I completed this past weekend was a Level 1 MMA Instructor Certification. This service is offered to martial arts school owners wishing to offer an MMA program. I am certified by American Top Team to use their logo and the same systems they use to train their pro fighters. We went through an intensive training program that covers the 1 year cirriculum they have given me.

The idea is that if I train with the pros, teaching the average joe should be no problem. I don't have the okay to promote my school as a place to put out pro fighters. What I want to draw in is the 18-30something demographic that wants to train in MMA and know what's going on when they watch fights.

In about 10 months I'll go back for my Level 2 Certification. However, they won't pass me if they don't see that I've been training hard and mastered Level 1. I plan to sneak back down there whenever I can for another 3 day weekend of training.

If any of you would like to come take my class, I'd be glad to have you. My school is in Crofton. If you're too far away, that's okay too. I'm in the process of building a new 6000 sq ft. facility in Crofton and will be inviting some of American Top Team's members up for a seminar for the grand opening of the new building. I'll keep you guys updated if any of you want to come sometime in August.

A cool little known fact is that Ricardo Liborio, Owner/Founder of American Top Team is 42 and still a BJJ BEAST. None of his pro fighters (young and in their prime) can handle him on the ground. I got to roll with him too.

What I completed this past weekend was a Level 1 MMA Instructor Certification. This service is offered to martial arts school owners wishing to offer an MMA program. I am certified by American Top Team to use their logo and the same systems they use to train their pro fighters. We went through an intensive training program that covers the 1 year cirriculum they have given me.

The idea is that if I train with the pros, teaching the average joe should be no problem. I don't have the okay to promote my school as a place to put out pro fighters. What I want to draw in is the 18-30something demographic that wants to train in MMA and know what's going on when they watch fights.

In about 10 months I'll go back for my Level 2 Certification. However, they won't pass me if they don't see that I've been training hard and mastered Level 1. I plan to sneak back down there whenever I can for another 3 day weekend of training.

If any of you would like to come take my class, I'd be glad to have you. My school is in Crofton. If you're too far away, that's okay too. I'm in the process of building a new 6000 sq ft. facility in Crofton and will be inviting some of American Top Team's members up for a seminar for the grand opening of the new building. I'll keep you guys updated if any of you want to come sometime in August.

A cool little known fact is that Ricardo Liborio, Owner/Founder of American Top Team is 42 and still a BJJ BEAST. None of his pro fighters (young and in their prime) can handle him on the ground. I got to roll with him too.

That is too cool, Mvisit. That makes me want to drop everything and get in the cage. I wouldn't mind training there at all, Crofton is a little too far away right now, but I'll keep it in mind. Keep kickin ass!

That is too cool, Mvisit. That makes me want to drop everything and get in the cage. I wouldn't mind training there at all, Crofton is a little too far away right now, but I'll keep it in mind. Keep kickin ass!

Yeah Silver Spring sounds far to be coming to train at 8pm Tues & Thurs, but I'll let all of you know when Master Liborio & some of his pro fighters from ATT are coming to do a seminar at my school, maybe you'll be able to make it out for a long Saturday of training in August

Yeah Rockville sounds far to be coming to train at 8pm Tues & Thurs, but I'll let all of you know when Master Liborio & some of his pro fighters from ATT are coming to do a seminar at my school, maybe you'll be able to make it out for a long Saturday of training in August

Keep me up to date on that man.

So how was it training with Din? He has some pretty nasty jiu jitsu when he can defend his opponent's strikes. Did you tell him if you were allowed to strike it would have been a different story? :laugh:

Keep me up to date on that man.

So how was it training with Din? He has some pretty nasty jiu jitsu when he can defend his opponent's strikes. Did you tell him if you were allowed to strike it would have been a different story? :laugh:

Well if here were allowed to strike it would have been a different story because his hands are so quick he would have knocked me out before we got to the ground. He was an awesome teacher and really down to earth. All of the pro fighters were nice guys. Sure, there was that one pic of him armbarring me, but he tapped me out at least three other times. We rolled for 3 minute rounds. It was awesome. First I rolled with Din, Paul Rodriguez, then Micah Miller, then Cole Miller, then Roger Krahl, and finally with Master Liborio. I came back to the hotel sore every night. BJJ is a hell of a workout.

Well if here were allowed to strike it would have been a different story because his hands are so quick he would have knocked me out before we got to the ground. He was an awesome teacher and really down to earth. All of the pro fighters were nice guys. Sure, there was that one pic of him armbarring me, but he tapped me out at least three other times. We rolled for 3 minute rounds. It was awesome. First I rolled with Din, Paul Rodriguez, then Micah Miller, then Cole Miller, then Roger Krahl, and finally with Master Liborio. I came back to the hotel sore every night. BJJ is a hell of a workout.

Aww man, Din is a real fast guy but he tries to take it down to the ground every fight. If you can put some leather and bows on him down there you might rattle him! But that's cool those guys are humble, always great to see that. Jiu Jitsu is incredibly tiring. Being on the bottom is amazingly tough on the stamina, I can't imagine having to account for all the things they do on top. My lower back muscles are always sore from practicing on the bottom.

Alright guys I may not be around much this week to discuss the big fight this weekend. So I'm gonna make my picks now.

Diego Sanchez vs. Bielkheden: I'm almost inclined to take the upset here. In fact, if the odds were right, I'd put a little bit of change down on Diego to lose. But I don't think it's happening. Diego by TKO rd 1.

Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett: It was only 6 months ago Koscheck gave St. Pierre a really good fight. He defended St. Pierre's nasty subs well. Hazelett is pretty wirey on the ground, and it will be a different feel for Koscheck if it does go to the ground. Koscheck's boxing has improved a ton, and his takedown defense is enough to stuff Hazelett. Koscheck by G&P round 3.

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien: Who else wouldn't be surprised if Dana has been slipping some HGH to O'Brien? 10-0-0, is facing a departing Arlovski, Jake "could be the next big thing", as Dana likes to say. But since it is Arlovski's departure, he is going to want to go out on a good note for the fans and for marketing ability when he goes to a different organization. I think O'Brien is in a little over his head at this point in his career. But this is a big test. Arlovski by KO round 1.

John Fitch vs. Chris Wilson: Fitch is on a tear. I don't think it stops here. Wilson has good standup, submissions, and he trains with Team Quest - I think he'll put on a good showing. But Fitch is in a zone right now. I think he could give anyone in the welterweight division a run for their money. Fitch by sub round 3.

Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner: The image of Evan Tanner that sticks in my mind is the bloodbath that was spurting from his face against Rich Franklin. He kind of reminds me of a less diciplined Rich Franklin. He also got cut up against David Loiseau right after that. Which is why I think Yushin takes him down and opens him up. Ref stoppage TKO round 3.

Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Leben: Somebody is going down in this fight. And I don't think it's Sakara. Sakara KO round 1.

Heath Herring vs. Chieck Kongo: Cheick is very technical, and he bring the pain every so often. Herring is very powerful, but he lacks dicipline. This should make for a good fight. Will Kongo be able to control Herring with his jab, or will Herring catch Kongo with a wild strike? I can see Herring catching Kongo with something as Kongo is picking his spots, but I think Kongo will TKO him in the 2nd round.

Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson: Gosh, this fight sticks out like a strobe light in a dark room compared to the other fights. The potential quality and how meaningful it is will get my heart pumpin. If Anderson wins, there's going to be a problem in middleweight unless Wanderlei goes down there to take his crack at it. Rashad has stayed in LHW, Bisping went down, but no way he takes Anderson. If Dan wins, there's going to at least be an interesting story in that division. Silva will come out and throw his flying knees and backfists, trying to catch Hendo with something surprising while staying away from Hendo's boxing power. Silva will gladly go to the ground and hold guard. He's trained with the Nog brothers and both of them have subbed Hendo. I think this fight is going to the 4th round where Hendo will crack Anderson with a lead left and finish him off on the ground. Anderson hasn't been in many long wars. Hendo has the opportunity to drag this out whilst hurting Silva. Henderson TKO Round 4.

Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett: It was only 6 months ago Koscheck gave St. Pierre a really good fight. He defended St. Pierre's nasty subs well. Hazelett is pretty wirey on the ground, and it will be a different feel for Koscheck if it does go to the ground. Koscheck's boxing has improved a ton, and his takedown defense is enough to stuff Hazelett. Koscheck by G&P round 3.

i'll drop my picks for the event after the weigh-ins, but you bring up a good point. after seeing the way in which GSP frankly embarrassed Matt Hughes, the fact that Koscheck actually gave him a decent fight and stayed out of his subs makes Koscheck look a little better in a loss, than he has in some of his victories.

Alright guys I may not be around much this week to discuss the big fight this weekend. So I'm gonna make my picks now.

Diego Sanchez vs. Bielkheden: I'm almost inclined to take the upset here. In fact, if the odds were right, I'd put a little bit of change down on Diego to lose. But I don't think it's happening. Diego by TKO rd 1.

Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake O'Brien: Who else wouldn't be surprised if Dana has been slipping some HGH to O'Brien? 10-0-0, is facing a departing Arlovski, Jake "could be the next big thing", as Dana likes to say. But since it is Arlovski's departure, he is going to want to go out on a good note for the fans and for marketing ability when he goes to a different organization. I think O'Brien is in a little over his head at this point in his career. But this is a big test. Arlovski by KO round 1.

John Fitch vs. Chris Wilson: Fitch is on a tear. I don't think it stops here. Wilson has good standup, submissions, and he trains with Team Quest - I think he'll put on a good showing. But Fitch is in a zone right now. I think he could give anyone in the welterweight division a run for their money. Fitch by sub round 3.

Yushin Okami vs. Evan Tanner: The image of Evan Tanner that sticks in my mind is the bloodbath that was spurting from his face against Rich Franklin. He kind of reminds me of a less diciplined Rich Franklin. He also got cut up against David Loiseau right after that. Which is why I think Yushin takes him down and opens him up. Ref stoppage TKO round 3.

Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Leben: Somebody is going down in this fight. And I don't think it's Sakara. Sakara KO round 1.

Heath Herring vs. Chieck Kongo: Cheick is very technical, and he bring the pain every so often. Herring is very powerful, but he lacks dicipline. This should make for a good fight. Will Kongo be able to control Herring with his jab, or will Herring catch Kongo with a wild strike? I can see Herring catching Kongo with something as Kongo is picking his spots, but I think Kongo will TKO him in the 2nd round.

Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson: Gosh, this fight sticks out like a strobe light in a dark room compared to the other fights. The potential quality and how meaningful it is will get my heart pumpin. If Anderson wins, there's going to be a problem in middleweight unless Wanderlei goes down there to take his crack at it. Rashad has stayed in LHW, Bisping went down, but no way he takes Anderson. If Dan wins, there's going to at least be an interesting story in that division. Silva will come out and throw his flying knees and backfists, trying to catch Hendo with something surprising while staying away from Hendo's boxing power. Silva will gladly go to the ground and hold guard. He's trained with the Nog brothers and both of them have subbed Hendo. I think this fight is going to the 4th round where Hendo will crack Anderson with a lead left and finish him off on the ground. Anderson hasn't been in many long wars. Hendo has the opportunity to drag this out whilst hurting Silva. Henderson TKO Round 4.

You missed 2 fights. What about John Halverson vs. Jorge Gurgel? And more importantly Luigi Fiorivanti vs. Luke Cummo?

More importantly because Luigi is part of my new family, the American Top Team. If you look back at the pics I posted, I put mine with him on top because he was going to on TV next out of all the other people I trained with. I'm really excited for Ultimate Fight Night April 2nd though, because that's when Din Thomas fights next.

You missed 2 fights. What about John Halverson vs. Jorge Gurgel? And more importantly Luigi Fiorivanti vs. Luke Cummo?

More importantly because Luigi is part of my new family, the American Top Team. If you look back at the pics I posted, I put mine with him on top because he was going to on TV next out of all the other people I trained with. I'm really excited for Ultimate Fight Night April 2nd though, because that's when Din Thomas fights next.

Usually I'd only do the top 4 or 5 fights because it takes a while writing all that out. :laugh: But there are surprising names on the undercard this time, so I did those too.

I'll route for Luigi, but I think Cummo is going to win a UD.

Gurgel by UD.

I can't wait for this fight alone. I want Anderson to win b/c I like him a little more but at the same time I don't want Hendo to lose 2 title fights in a row and I'd like to see some better competition at middleweight.

I think that if the fight drags on past round 3 Hendo has a big advantage. Damn I'm not even picking it unless someone wants to sig bet....:)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=11528

Kimbo Slice could soon be a household name.

ProElite Inc. and CBS are expected to announce a deal at the end of this week that will make Elite Xtreme Combat, the mixed martial arts promotional arm of ProElite, available in prime-time on major network television throughout the U.S.

Officials with ProElite and Showtime, partners in EliteXC and ShoXC cards on the premium cable television network, declined to respond to reports of the deal, originally published by MMAjunkie.com.

Sherdog.com has learned that ProElite CEO Doug Deluca had "been shopping deals literally all over the world the last few months" and was close to finalizing a deal with CBS, according to a source who asked not to be named.

An official announcement is expected either Thursday or Friday, said the same source.

Beginning in April the first of four two-hour CBS-EliteXC events is believed to be planned, according a report on Yahoo Sports. Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson is expected to be on the card slated for either Atlantic City, N.J., or Newark, N.J.

EliteXC drew its largest audience on Showtime with its Feb. 16 event from Miami, Fla., featuring a main event between Ferguson and David "Tank" Abbott.

Over 500,000 viewers tuned in to watch Slice destroy Abbott, by far the largest audience to watch MMA on Showtime. Online videos promoting the event totaled over two and a half million views on Sho.com, the network's Web site, a representative of Showtime told Sherdog.com.

It was widely reported that Viacom's CBS had been in talks with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, yet, similar to the UFC's negotiations with HBO, discussions broke down over issues of production control.

Among its many sporting events, CBS Sports produces the Masters, the NCAA men's college basketball tournament, and the NFL.

With EliteXC's close ties to Showtime, also a Viacom property, the relationship appears organic.

Wednesday's news comes at a time when CBS ratings have slipped significantly among males 18-49 when compared to the network's totals this time last year; the young male demographic is largely credited as the reason for MMA's growing television profile.

I saw that story, according to www.mmaweekly.com it has been signed and sealed. But I'm wondering how CBS will show the events? On NETWORK television people are going to get KTFO and spurt blood everywhere? What channel will they show it on, or will it be pay-per-view? If it's on CBS on Saturday nights, this might actually finally kill SNL. :laugh:

UFC thinks this is big news. I think it sucks because I hate Anheuser-Busch.

Bud Light is now in as the official beer for the UFC. Mickey's is back on the street.

http://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/28/bud-light-partners-with-ufc-for-three-year-sponsorship/

Was that the "big announcement"? I hate having to hear what UFC is presented by 25 times during an event. That's a BAD announcement. I thought Dana was announcing something big tomorrow, or was this it?

I can't wait for this fight alone. I want Anderson to win b/c I like him a little more but at the same time I don't want Hendo to lose 2 title fights in a row and I'd like to see some better competition at middleweight.

I think that if the fight drags on past round 3 Hendo has a big advantage. Damn I'm not even picking it unless someone wants to sig bet....:)

i'm taking Silva so if you want to sig bet, take Hendo.

EliteXC finally one-upped the UFC :laugh:

I'm taking Silva for the sig bet only. I figure if SkinsOrlando was cool enough to keep the sig from our last bet for this long (he only had to do 2 weeks), I should give him a shot at revenge. :)

However, this is the toughest matchup I ever tried to pick a winner on.