Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wow, awesome pics Dance04. Did you ask GSP about his fight with Hughes?

No, I didn't speak to him much. All night he was just trying to dance with his girl, but security kept coming up to say hi and bother him. So I just wanted to let him be. I did however tell him that I had all the faith in the world that he was gonna knock Hughes' ass out. He just laughed.

Like I said earlier tho, Marquardt is probably the nicest guy I ever met. Totally not what I expected after seeing him on TV. He was so down to earth, always smiling and laughing. When he found out I was a HUGE MMA fan, you could tell he took it upon himself to be a "role model" if you will. I did tell him he was gonna sub Leites in the fist round.

Dance04 that's awesome man, I CANNOT wait until the GSP-Hughes bout. If you ever see GSP again tell him he's got a lot more fans down in the states than he realizes!

I'm sure he does! He is generally one of the most liked fighters. How could he not be?! awesome fighter, suuuuuper nice guy...

Killer, you would freak out if you were her tho, lol. The man is... well, he is THE man. His bill was taken care of at the restaurant we went to to watch the mayweather fight, getting in the club we just walked in the back. Everywhere he goes someone is stopping to say something to him. Up here he is just known as Georges!

As for the fight, man I CAN'T wait either. It's gonna be awesome

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5235&zoneid=13

According to sources close to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the promotion has stripped lightweight champion Sean Sherk of his title following the upholding of his suspension by the California State Athletic Commission for testing positive for the steroid Nandrolone.

The CSAC, earlier this week, did decrease Sherk’s suspension from 12 to 6 months. He will be eligible to come off of suspension in early January due to his suspension being retroactive to the night of his July 7 bout against Hermes Franca.

A proposed interim lightweight title bout between B.J. Penn and Joe Stevenson on Jan. 19 will now reportedly be declared a full title bout and drop the interim designation.

they really had no choice in the matter, it would've been an extremely bad business move to keep the title on sherk after the suspension was upheld

Great card last night that's for sure. J Rock had War Machine all but done, War Machine turned it around and put his lights out. Guida owned Huerta for two rounds, Huerta catches him with a knee and it's all over. For the life of me I can't figure out why Guida shot like that. He'd been setting Huerta up the entire fight with punches first then the take down and went away from his game plan. Oh well, Guida stayed busy and Huerta showed some hellafied heart. Great fight.

Can't wait to watch the Mayweather fight. Seems he went away from his hit and run game plan and stood in there and went toe to toe. Suprising, again I can't wait to see it.

What do you guys think about Forrest being a coach for the next Ultimate Fighter? Dana said he was changing the format up, also. The other coach is being named tonight. Who do you think it could be? Rampage?

it will be Rampage and i hate the idea. this last season of the show should've been reason enough not to hold up a title. I understand that Rampage is injured, but still doesn't look right.

and how in the hell does forrest get title shot before Jardine, when jardine laid his ass out?

it will be Rampage and i hate the idea. this last season of the show should've been reason enough not to hold up a title. I understand that Rampage is injured, but still doesn't look right.

and how in the hell does forrest get title shot before Jardine, when jardine laid his ass out?

Plus Jardine knocked out Chuck, the previous title holder. I think the image of Jardine getting KTFO is etched in peoples' minds and Dana doesn't want him fighting for the title until that is an afterthought. Forrest beat some stepping stone guy and an out of shape Shogun. But, it will be a fan favorite vs. a popular champion. Pretty good marketing.

I think it could also be Tito.

Plus Jardine knocked out Chuck, the previous title holder. I think the image of Jardine getting KTFO is etched in peoples' minds and Dana doesn't want him fighting for the title until that is an afterthought. Forrest beat some stepping stone guy and an out of shape Shogun. But, it will be a fan favorite vs. a popular champion. Pretty good marketing.

It's because Griffin beat a guy that was supposed to set the UFC on fire like he did in PRIDE and also because of the image of Jardine getting pounded by Houston Alexander.

Also, Jardine didn't KO Chuck, it was a split decision.

It's because Griffin beat a guy that was supposed to set the UFC on fire like he did in PRIDE and also because of the image of Jardine getting pounded by Houston Alexander.

Also, Jardine didn't KO Chuck, it was a split decision.

Oh, right, only images I remember from that fight is Chuck getting leg kicked about 25 times and the right hand that put him to the floor. Jardine's fist was about 1 mph from putting Chuck to bed in the 2nd. Otherwise, blindly believing Shogun was going to rip **** in the LHW division looking like Butterbean is a little foolish. Not as impressive as I thought it would be before I saw Shogun at the weigh in.

Jardine was on TUF and got his ass handed to him. He didn't win a fight for a while and all of a sudden he up'ed his game. Still don't think he's all that and I can't personally stand to watch the guy fight. :2cents:

It's official, Rampage and Forrest are the next TUF coaches. I think it may be a decent fight because of the way Randy talks about Forrest's work ethic. Forrest seems to be making strides every time we see him. Even if Shogun was out of shape, it was Shogun.

There's no way in hell Forrest will have a chance standing against Rampage, he has to take him down. And if that happens, watch out for Rampage to throw his first UFC powerbombs against a fighter that's just learning greco roman.

It's official, Rampage and Forrest are the next TUF coaches. I think it may be a decent fight because of the way Randy talks about Forrest's work ethic. Forrest seems to be making strides every time we see him. Even if Shogun was out of shape, it was Shogun.

There's no way in hell Forrest will have a chance standing against Rampage, he has to take him down. And if that happens, watch out for Rampage to throw his first UFC powerbombs against a fighter that's just learning greco roman.

IMHO-

This fight comes too soon for Griffin. He shocked the world vs. Rua but he still needs more in his arsenal if he's going to hang with Jackson.

Can any of this years TUF crop actually compete for titles? I dont think so. They are getting down to the dregs of talent out there. Seems like those were the guys that got passed up for the first 5 seasons.

The fights in the finale were pretty good though. War Machine is a ****ing head case, i love it. The main event was the best fight ive seen in 6 months. I cant believe El Matador pulled that out.

Can any of this years TUF crop actually compete for titles? I dont think so. They are getting down to the dregs of talent out there. Seems like those were the guys that got passed up for the first 5 seasons.

The fights in the finale were pretty good though. War Machine is a ****ing head case, i love it. The main event was the best fight ive seen in 6 months. I cant believe El Matador pulled that out.

i don't think they can compete for titles. I think outside of Mac and Tommy Speer, the rest of the people they want to keep from this season should be sent ot the WEC.

pretty good WEC card Wednesday night:

-Urijah Faber (#3 Featherweight in the World)* vs. Jeff Curran (#7 Featherweight in the World)*

-Paulo Filho (#2 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Chael Sonnen

-Jens Pulver vs. Cub Swanson

-Doug Marshall vs. Ariel Gandulla

-Brian Bowles vs. Marcos Galvao

-Charlie Valencia vs. Ian McCall

-John Alessio vs. Todd Moore

-Bryan Baker vs. Eric Schambari

-Alex Karalexis vs. Ed Ratcliff

WEC 31 tonight live on Vs.

Should be very entertaining, their three best fighters have title matches tonight:

Urijah Faber vs. Jeff Curran (anyone know about Curran?)

Paulo Filho vs. Chael Sonnen

and my boy Doug Marshall vs. Ariel Gandulla

Expect a lot of high-paced action in these three fights especially the Faber fight, and expect a lot of striking and likely a big KO in the Doug Marshall fight.

Also, here's a nice youtube vid I found of Faber highlights, this kid is soooo sick in the cage:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xeTwoArV2ME

WEC 31 tonight live on Vs.

Should be very entertaining, their three best fighters have title matches tonight:

Urijah Faber vs. Jeff Curran (anyone know about Curran?)

Paulo Filho vs. Chael Sonnen

and my boy Doug Marshall vs. Ariel Gandulla

Expect a lot of high-paced action in these three fights especially the Faber fight, and expect a lot of striking and likely a big KO in the Doug Marshall fight.

Also, here's a nice youtube vid I found of Faber highlights, this kid is soooo sick in the cage:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xeTwoArV2ME

Thanks for the update man. I'll record this on the DVR for later watching. :)