Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Serra mocking Hughes was funny as hell to me. I don't like either one to be honest. Not that big a deal to me either way.

and i don't think it would've mattered who coached them, but Mac and Tommy would've been in the finals anyway.

Good post. George is better than he showed last night though. Not sure he would have been able to prevent a KTFO even if he hadn't been poked in the eye, but he was definitely a top talent in this group.

Good post. George is better than he showed last night though. Not sure he would have been able to prevent a KTFO even if he hadn't been poked in the eye, but he was definitely a top talent in this group.

Why do you think George is so talented? Not tryin to argue with you, just trying to figure out why people were so high on him. Everyone was swinging from Ed Hermans tip as well and he still hasn't shown me a damn thing except for how to get beat. JJ isn't enough and IMO beating up on a punching bag is a hell of a lot different since the punching bag doesn't hit back. George's standup was pretty weak IMO and if the guys he beat would have respected him less I think he would have gotten his ass handed to him. Keep in

Speaking of the punching bag not hitting back, anyone been watching the Hatton/Mayweather 24/7? Hatton was making fun of Floyd, mocking how he doesn't look when he hits the pads. He was like "I could stand there and do this for 6 hours, problem is the pads don't hit back." :D

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=5219&zoneid=2

“Big” John McCarthy is reportedly retiring following Saturday’s “Ultimate Fighter” finale at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas, according to Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports. He is scheduled to preside over the main event match-up of Clay Guida versus Roger Huerta.

He is expected to take a position as a mixed martial arts analyst at The Fight Network reported Iole.

McCarthy has been a staple of the Ultimate Fighting Championship since its second event on March 11, 1994. He is widely regarded as the leading authority in the world on MMA officiating. According to his website, BigJohnMcCarthy.com, he has officiated more than 500 bouts in his career.

Why do you think George is so talented? Not tryin to argue with you, just trying to figure out why people were so high on him. Everyone was swinging from Ed Hermans tip as well and he still hasn't shown me a damn thing except for how to get beat. JJ isn't enough and IMO beating up on a punching bag is a hell of a lot different since the punching bag doesn't hit back. George's standup was pretty weak IMO and if the guys he beat would have respected him less I think he would have gotten his ass handed to him. Keep in

Speaking of the punching bag not hitting back, anyone been watching the Hatton/Mayweather 24/7? Hatton was making fun of Floyd, mocking how he doesn't look when he hits the pads. He was like "I could stand there and do this for 6 hours, problem is the pads don't hit back." :D

You have a point about George in that my evaluation of his talent is probably influenced by how the show presented him. Maybe he's not THAT good, who knows. (?)

The other fighters were NOT psyched about getting in the octagon with him though. That said a lot to me about George. Hey- I could be totally wrong. We never find out much about how good these guys are until they show us what they have in real MMA bouts, so like I said- you may have a strong point. Personally, I expect to see Danzig and Sotoropoulos become bigger stars than Tommy in the long run.

Anybody agree with Arroyo backing out or is he a wuss?

The Mayweather-Hatton fight looks NICE. I'm going to skip the PPV though. I save my tv money for MMA only now and the 12/29 UFC 75 card looks too good to miss. Besides, Mayweather-Hatton will be re-aired in a week or two by HBO. (I hope.)

Anybody agree with Arroyo backing out or is he a wuss?

The Mayweather-Hatton fight looks NICE. I'm going to skip the PPV though. I save my tv money for MMA only now and the 12/29 UFC 75 card looks too good to miss. Besides, Mayweather-Hatton will be re-aired in a week or two by HBO. (I hope.)

Rib injuries are tough to evaluate, if his rib was truly cracked, then i can completely understand him not wanting to fight. Rib injuries are criticial in MMA because it messes with your breathing, he would've been gassed halfway through the first round if he fought

i'm goin to watch Mayweather/Hatton on a stream(bless the internet :laugh: ), can't see myself paying for what will be a one-sided beatdown of Hatton. I'm goin to watch the Ultimater Fighter when it replays at 12am

and HBO will definitely re-air the Mayweather/Hatton fight the following week.

i'm goin to watch Mayweather/Hatton on a stream(bless the internet :laugh: ), can't see myself paying for what will be a one-sided beatdown of Hatton.

It would seem that Hatton's style is tailor-made for Mayweather to dominate. March in, get stung, march in again, get KOed. I hope he flattens Mayweather though.

It would seem that Hatton's style is tailor-made for Mayweather to dominate. March in, get stung, march in again, get KOed. I hope he flattens Mayweather though.

i like Mayweather, only because he backs up his talk with actual results, just not in KO fashion lol. Seriously though, i love the science of boxing and Mayweather is the best at it right now, he doesn't get the credit he deserves for his gameplanning for opponents. Its hard to remember anytime Mayweather was actually in danger of losing a fight.

Rib injuries are tough to evaluate, if his rib was truly cracked, then i can completely understand him not wanting to fight. Rib injuries are criticial in MMA because it messes with your breathing, he would've been gassed halfway through the first round if he fought

i'm goin to watch Mayweather/Hatton on a stream(bless the internet :laugh: ), can't see myself paying for what will be a one-sided beatdown of Hatton. I'm goin to watch the Ultimater Fighter when it replays at 12am

and HBO will definitely re-air the Mayweather/Hatton fight the following week.

I can see Matt not wanting to fight because of the injury but I can't understand the other guys being such wussies. Even if they got their asses kicked it was an opportunity to show Dana just how bad they wanted to be in the UFC.

Have you or Chachie had the pleasure of watching the Hatton/Mayweather 24/7? Hatton is no joke. This guy has some seriously heavy hands and speed to go with it. No way this fight is one sided unless you consider Floyds incesant running. I see Hatton winning this one and no way does Floyd knock him out. I'd give anything to see this fight, I've gained much respect for Hatton because of the HBO special. Dude is humble, blue collar guy who loves to brawl; polar opposite of Floyd Mayweather.

After Hattons last win by KO in the fourth he stood and middle of the ring and said "I hope you liked the fight, you probably saw more action in four rounds than you've seen in all of Mayweathers fights combined." Gotta love it.

I can see Matt not wanting to fight because of the injury but I can't understand the other guys being such wussies. Even if they got their asses kicked it was an opportunity to show Dana just how bad they wanted to be in the UFC.

Have you or Chachie had the pleasure of watching the Hatton/Mayweather 24/7? Hatton is no joke. This guy has some seriously heavy hands and speed to go with it. No way this fight is one sided unless you consider Floyds incesant running. I see Hatton winning this one and no way does Floyd knock him out. I'd give anything to see this fight, I've gained much respect for Hatton because of the HBO special. Dude is humble, blue collar guy who loves to brawl; polar opposite of Floyd Mayweather.

After Hattons last win by KO in the fourth he stood and middle of the ring and said "I hope you liked the fight, you probably saw more action in four rounds than you've seen in all of Mayweathers fights combined." Gotta love it.

the rest of the guys were wusses for not taking that fight, especially Hightower.

and yes i've watched every epi. of 24/7, i've also watched and seen the majority of both Mayweather and Hatton's fights. I have no dislike at all for Hatton, i actually like his personality and his heart, but he simply does not have the skills to be Mayweather. What you call "incesant running" is in fact one of the best defense's boxing has seen.

Hatton's KO in the 4th of his last fight came against a shot fighter in Jose Luis Castillo, can't put much stock in that, still a good victory for Hatton. Hatton is a 140lb fighter, this fight is at 147. In hatton's only fight at 147, he won an extremely controversial decision against Luis Collazo. After that fight he immediately went back to 140 because he said himself he could not hang at 147.

Now take into consideration Hatton has never faced anyone nearly as fast as Floyd or with his level of defense. Now add in the fact that Hatton is known to cut and bruise easy. All these factors add up to Floyd dominating 10 of 12 rounds or winning in the late rounds by ref stoppage.

the rest of the guys were wusses for not taking that fight, especially Hightower.

and yes i've watched every epi. of 24/7, i've also watched and seen the majority of both Mayweather and Hatton's fights. I have no dislike at all for Hatton, i actually like his personality and his heart, but he simply does not have the skills to be Mayweather. What you call "incesant running" is in fact one of the best defense's boxing has seen.

Hatton's KO in the 4th of his last fight came against a shot fighter in Jose Luis Castillo, can't put much stock in that, still a good victory for Hatton. Hatton is a 140lb fighter, this fight is at 147. In hatton's only fight at 147, he won an extremely controversial decision against Luis Collazo. After that fight he immediately went back to 140 because he said himself he could not hang at 147.

Now take into consideration Hatton has never faced anyone nearly as fast as Floyd or with his level of defense. Now add in the fact that Hatton is known to cut and bruise easy. All these factors add up to Floyd dominating 10 of 12 rounds or winning in the late rounds by ref stoppage.

You call it defense I call it boring. All Floyd did against Golden boy was run, run and run some more. You could see the frustration on Oscar's face. Boring ass fighting if you ask me. Now I'm not asking him to stand in the middle of the ring and take an ass whooping but for God sakes mix it up a little.

As far as the weight, "Fatton" has to cut weight where Floyd walks around at 140 ish, don't understand why cutting less weight is going to hurt him all that much. Floyd isn't a big 147 by no means.

Floyd's speed is his greatest weapon IMO, just like Sugar Ray. Sugar wasn't afraid to bang though, Floyd acts like he's afraid to mess up his pretty little face. I think it's going to be a good fight though, watching Hatton hit the "body bag" I don't see Floyd being able to survive too many of those shots. I just didn't see that type of power in Floyd's shots but Ricky's shots are heavy, brutal shots and he doesn't require much to get them off. Pretty short compact punches and his combinations are pretty damn quick. Too me Floyd is more of a snappy puncher than a power puncher.

The other fighters were NOT psyched about getting in the octagon with him though. That said a lot to me about George. Hey- I could be totally wrong. We never find out much about how good these guys are until they show us what they have in real MMA bouts, so like I said- you may have a strong point. Personally, I expect to see Danzig and Sotoropoulos become bigger stars than Tommy in the long run.

Nobody wanted to bang with George but Serra was doing his fair share of talking him up too. One of the things that's hard to test in the gym is a guys chin and no one had ever seen if George had one, obviously not. He came in tentative and when you do that you're setting yourself up for a KO, ask Chuck.

TUF Finale:

Arroyo over Kolosci (Sub)

Sotiropoulos over Miles (Sub)

Danzig over Speers (Unan Dec)

Guida over Huerta (Split Dec)

There you have it. All the WRONG predictions. :) I'm terrible at this.

Arroyo over Kolosci (decision); depends on if Matt can get John to the ground. I think Johns stand up is better than Matt's

Sotiropoulos over Miles (Sub); George will destroy Miles, that is if George isn't gun shy after being KTHFO!

Danzig over Speers (Sub) Mac will definitely out class Tommy but don't sleep on Tommy. I think Mac will have to put him to sleep because he won't tap on no weak ass arm bar.

Guida over Huerta (Decision); I'm going with Guida as well. When I saw him live I was like "look at this douchebag with the long hair" Wow was I wrong. This guy stays busy and no matter what you're going to see a good fight. I think Huerta has a better ground game though, if it goes to the ground he wins by Sub.

Guida over Huerta (Decision); I'm going with Guida as well. When I saw him live I was like "look at this douchebag with the long hair" Wow was I wrong. This guy stays busy and no matter what you're going to see a good fight. I think Huerta has a better ground game though, if it goes to the ground he wins by Sub.

no way Huerta subs Guida. Guida has great wrestling and sub defense. he took Aurelio down to the ground and stayed out of submissions all night. Aurelio is one of the better bjj in the world and he couldn't sub guida, Huerta ain't gonna do it.

i say Guida takes this fight by decision or late tko. Guida has been in with much better competition. All of Huerta's fights in the UFC have been against guys making their debut in the UFC. Guida has fought Gilber Melendez, beat Josh Thomson, should've gotten the decision against Tyson Griffin.

i only fear that if it goes to decision, Guida could get screwed. for some reason judges don't like him, he's been on the wrong side of alot of decisions. For instance some judge actually gave the his last fight to Aurelio when Guida literally whipped his ass for 3rounds.

no way Huerta subs Guida. Guida has great wrestling and sub defense. he took Aurelio down to the ground and stayed out of submissions all night. Aurelio is one of the better bjj in the world and he couldn't sub guida, Huerta ain't gonna do it.

i say Guida takes this fight by decision or late tko. Guida has been in with much better competition. All of Huerta's fights in the UFC have been against guys making their debut in the UFC. Guida has fought Gilber Melendez, beat Josh Thomson, should've gotten the decision against Tyson Griffin.

i only fear that if it goes to decision, Guida could get screwed. for some reason judges don't like him, he's been on the wrong side of alot of decisions. For instance some judge actually gave the his last fight to Aurelio when Guida literally whipped his ass for 3rounds.

You see, that's the problem I have with some of the supposed "analysis" of some of these guys. Aurelio was supposedly one of the best bjj guys around but fought like crap. Bjj tournament winners don't impress me much at all. It takes way more than bjj to win in todays MMA. Honestly IMO Roman Greco prepares you better than almost anything. It teaches you to avoid take downs, get take downs, throws and how to use your weight against your opponent. Bjj is all about submissions and if the guy you're fighting is way stronger or has good sub defense your done. Aurelio was way too one dimensional.

I like Guida a lot and agree he's been screwed way too often. I think he'll win but Huerta is a banger and will maul him on the ground if Guida ends up there. Once he softens him up he'll go for the sub. Flip side of that is Guida has a great chin and won't get mauled without giving some mauling of his own. This shoud be a bloody ass fight, great card if you ask me. :applause:

You see, that's the problem I have with some of the supposed "analysis" of some of these guys. Aurelio was supposedly one of the best bjj guys around but fought like crap. Bjj tournament winners don't impress me much at all. It takes way more than bjj to win in todays MMA. Honestly IMO Roman Greco prepares you better than almost anything. It teaches you to avoid take downs, get take downs, throws and how to use your weight against your opponent. Bjj is all about submissions and if the guy you're fighting is way stronger or has good sub defense your done. Aurelio was way too one dimensional.

I like Guida a lot and agree he's been screwed way too often. I think he'll win but Huerta is a banger and will maul him on the ground if Guida ends up there. Once he softens him up he'll go for the sub. Flip side of that is Guida has a great chin and won't get mauled without giving some mauling of his own. This shoud be a bloody ass fight, great card if you ask me. :applause:

you make good points, but i disagree about Huerta's ground n pound capabilities against Guida. Guida was on the ground against a better g 'n p guy against Melendez and survived. He arguably outwrestled Tyson Griffin in their match and Griffin is one of the better wrestlers at lightweight. Its not so much i'm doubting Huerta's skills, its just i don't see how they'll be able to affect Guida when he's seen better from other opponents

definitely should be fight of the night and a candidate for fight of the year.

Predictions for TUF Finale:

Ben Saunders vs. Dan Barrera: I think Ben Saunders has this one, he can match Dan with the striking and has a better ground game. Sub round 3.

Billy Miles vs. George Sotiropoulos: Is it just me, or was George completely overrated during the show? When he fought Tommy it looked like a terrible mismatch. George was slow, even before the eye poke. I dunno, maybe he'll surprise me tonight, but I wouldn't bet on it. Billy by KO, round 2.

Jared Rollins vs. Jon Koppenhaver: Talk about an even matchup. This fight reminds me of Henderson vs. Rampage. Good grapplers, intense strikers. I think Rollins will pull out a split decision.

Tommy Speer vs. Mac Danzig: Mac is a natural Lightweight, but he is technically fearsome even among these Welterweights. Tommy got busted up and has surged since, but I think it stops here. G&P TKO round 3.

Roger Heurta vs. Clay Guida: Clay is my boy, and I think this will end up being another exciting fight with a close decision. But this time, the split decision will go to Clay.

Roger Huerta with the YOOGE heart. Not that Guida wasn't awesome. He dominated the first 2 rounds but Huerta's strikes in the 3rd dazed him and handed him the KTFO.

War Machine also proved his nickname tonight over J-Rock.

So does Danzig get a title shot now? Is it in 155 or 170?

wow what a night. Watch my habs, head over to the local bar, watch some AWESOME FIGHTS, then go out and hit the club with GSP and Marquardt. Yes, thats right! My buddy is a friend of GSP's, and he invited me out with him, GSP and "some guy named nate" :laugh::laugh:

Man, i gotta tell you guys, Nate is probably the nicest guy I have ever met in my entire life. Really. He was so nice and didnt turn down a photo all night. Classy guy. His wife is super nice too.

Anyways, here are my pics. Enjoy!!

partygsp008.jpg

partygsp007.jpg

partygsp006.jpg

partygsp005.jpg

partygsp002.jpg

partygsp001.jpg

Roger Huerta with the YOOGE heart. Not that Guida wasn't awesome. He dominated the first 2 rounds but Huerta's strikes in the 3rd dazed him and handed him the KTFO.

War Machine also proved his nickname tonight over J-Rock.

So does Danzig get a title shot now? Is it in 155 or 170?

danzig doesn't get a title shot. he's droppin to 155 but he'll have to work his way up to a title shot, the winner of the show was not to be rewarded with title shot.

Huerta showed alot of heart coming back from what would've been a sure defeat. It'll be interesting to see who they match him up with next. He's not ready for title contention, but i actually wouldn't mind seeing him fight Florian next.

War Machine and Rollins had fight of the night easy, great stuff from both fighters. Both will have a place in the UFC as a result of that fight. Rollins is one of the few to actually use the elbows from the bottom position, shows how damaging they can be

Wow, awesome pics Dance04. Did you ask GSP about his fight with Hughes?

Tonight was a GREAT card. It seems the less talented the fighters, the better the fights. Every TUF Finale is great. The fight of the night goes to Huerta vs. Guida, sorry boys. They duked it out hardcore, and I thought Guida had him a couple of times. Huerta just knows how to defend when he falls. Perfect display of a "punchers chance". As Huerta snuck a knee right in to Guida's jaw. If Guida ever learned a tad of patience, he could find himself challenging for the championship.

Rollins and War Machine was a close second. Blood everywhere, but a repetitive fight. A few elbows from the bottom, and a big one from the top. Rollins seemed comfortable on his back, which is a good thing, yet being on your back isn't going to be fun against better fighters. Bloody, and entertaining. Good fight.

Otherwise, I loved seeing Hightower get blown away. And George has very impressive jui jitsu.

Danzig is a monster, he needs to be faster as a Lightweight however. Technically sound, powerful, but lacks the intense speed that these guys throw down with. He'll see his share of haymakers in to his face in Lightweight. We'll see if he has a good jaw. He needs to intensify everything if he expects to climb the ladder in that weight class.