Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Ronda never had good stand up but what she showed tonight was amateur hour garbage.  Nunes would have looked about the same beating some random nobody up on a street corner.  Hope she's been saving her money, because it wasn't just her face that took a beating tonight.  Her brand just got knocked on its ass. 

And please blitz said Ronda was great. Sorry the division was in its infancy while Ronda was champion 

Just now, Destino said:

Ronda never had good stand up but what she showed tonight was amateur hour garbage.  Nunes would have looked about the same beating some random nobody up on a street corner.  Hope she's been saving her money, because it wasn't just her face that took a beating tonight.  Her brand just got knocked on its ass. 

She trains under the worst coach in entire MMA. Dude is such a scam, and Edmond just recently said he could beat Jose Aldo. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

She trains under the worst coach in entire MMA. Dude is such a scam, and Edmond just recently said he could beat Jose Aldo. 

I know it and I'm sure you remember that even Ronda's mom tried to tell her, but it's nice to read it again:

“Ronda trained with an idiot. She trained with an idiot and a fraud. I would be shocked to find out that guy has any record at all. As far as I know, I saw him fight once and he fought somebody that had a record of like 6-20 and won on a split decision. The guy is a fraud. Ronda has a lot of talent. She came into that gym with a very strong background of training at the Olympic level and it carried her a long way.

“She needs to get away from some egomaniac fraud and be herself. Ronda as herself can beat anybody on the planet. I’m sad about it but you become an adult and make decisions. Sometimes you make mistakes and hopefully you learn from them … I don’t claim to know everything but I know what it takes to win a world championship. I know what good coaching is. I told Ronda more than once, ‘I know what training to beat the world looks like and this isn’t it.’

She should of listened to mom. 

• Like 2

Well that was certainly a tale of two starkly different main events.

Cody came out and showed the world something they hadn't seen. Stuff no one expected and/or likely knew he had to offer.

Then you have Rousey who looked the part going into the fight, but showed nothing new, rather looked like her stand up regressed.  I am not sure if her coaches and strategy that damn void of common sense, but everyone breaking down the fight pretty much predicted Nunes to do exactly what she did which was come out aggressive and try to starch Rousey quick.  Using her long arms to strike.  Rousey's answer?  Stand there and in front of those punches with zero head movement and zero attempts to do anything.  It was downright pathetic.  In the Holm fight, Rousey got popped early and never really recovered, but Holm didn't get overly aggressive and just picked her apart.  Once Nunes saw that she had Rousey hurt the volume got turned up to 11 and Rousey just became a punching bag.

It was a fun run Rousey, no one can take that away from you. Good bye now.

I have to wonder if getting hit with a few big shots early took Cruz out of his game. The guy is not used to getting hit, and when he does get hit, it's a lot of stuff that doesn't connect squarely on his head and face because of his movement.  Here comes this guy who is 20 years old, hasn't the best in the division to get this title shot, and has been thoroughly manhandled verbally in all the press leading up to the fight.  So the fight starts and Cruz starts the usual Cruz style fight, expect this time he gets punched with big shots for his effort.

When I was watching it, it looked like Cruz started getting way more aggressive way sooner in the fight, throwing all sorts of crazy stuff he usually doesn't do.  He was off his game, but that is because of Cody and his ability to flip the usual script.  It will be interesting to see what TJ Dillishaw and his camp can take from watching that fight.  Can't wait.