Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Holiday is your favorite and Why?

Monkart

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Thanksgiving and Christmas are the top 2 by far. I think I like Thanksgiving a little bit more because it ushers in the "holiday season" and I LOVE that time of year.

The weather cools and it is almost electric a lot of the time when you're out and about due to holiday spirit.

Football is in full swing and anything is still possible that time of year.

The reason is edges out Christmas is because there is less stress (no need for holiday shopping and New Years planning) and because the whole time of year is just beginning. By the time Christmas rolls around, it's almost over and then the long, cold winter is upon us. The best thing about Christmas is the anticipation...

So, short answer: Thanksgiving.

Gotta go with Christmas! It's funny how it regains it's excitement when you have kids.

:applause: The last two years I've had to wake up my now 6 year-old son to tell him Santa was "here". I'm up at 5:30, two cups of coffee in me. 7:30 and I go to check on him . . . he's snoring like you wouldn't believe.

EDIT: Especially since I've made this move away from my immediate family, I will treasure Christmas that much more when I visit them.

Thanksgiving without a doubt. Endless amazing food, and I personally think the feelings of thanks and goodwill are much more pronounced and sincere on Thanksgiving than on Christmas. It's far less commercialized, and people are focused more on appreciating what they already have than anticipating what else they're going to get.

Since I haven't spent a Thanksgiving or Christmas with any family other than my daughter (in the last 12 years) I'll have to say the 4th of July is my favorite. I always try to throw a big party on the beach and all you need is grill, meat and beer (and chicks),

Archived