Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Don't Revoke My Redskins Card

dlwredskins

Hey Skins Fans…This just happened. OK I live in Los Angeles and work in the

Century City area. If you have ever been to or live in Los Angeles you know Century City is a stone’s throw from the Fox lot where the NFL shows, and Best Damn Sports show and everything else is taped. OK I went to the Century City mall for lunch and the person who walked in to this eatery behind me for a bottle of water

was none other that Michael Irvin, yes a Dallas Cowboy who has given us fits at times.

So as a football fan I shook his hand and said “nice to meet you” ….For those wondering YES I then REPRESENTED for the Redskins! I said “you probably won’t like this but I’m a HUGE Redskins fan and then showed

him my REDSKINS watch that I wear everyday….He looked and said “yeah I see

you have the watch”.

Then I gave him his props as being a good receiver, then he asked how did I get out

to LA. I told him I moved from New Orleans with my folks a while ago but have ALWAYS been a Redskins Fan. He said

“OK and GOOD LUCK this season”. So I hope I showed the class that we as

Redskins Fans are known for and I hope you guys don’t take away my Redskins Card for being nice to a Cowboy, Michael Irving

at that…lol… No I had no interest in an autograph either. Well that’s the deal, at least

I didn’t

“accidentally” waste the lemonade I just bought on the guy…lol. Well that would not

have been classy

or smart…I’m 5’11” and not in shape Mike is a big guy and would have hurt me…lol

Wouldn’t do that

kinda thing anyway it’s not my style….Love to know everyone’s thoughts……HAIL

you handled yourself well. it's not bad to respect players from the cowboys when you meet them. i mean michael irvin was a great player and even though he's a cowboy you have to admit that he played every game with heart. yes we put him down a lot here, but it's just playful banter. good job.

Look we are all Redskins Fans FIRST but we are football fans as well...yes Mike gave us fits and as fans we banter amongst each other and have fun...but meeting a talented player or a football player in general albeit a Cowboy (lol) was kinda cool, and he was nice to me and shook my hand etc.

You should have asked Irvin to sign an Art Monk jersey with the inscription "You deserve it more, Art!"

:P

Just kidding (not about the sentiment, but about asking Irvin). And I know that the majority of us appreciate the fact that you were polite and respectful without waivering in your beliefs. That's the true mark of a fan, IMO.

Anybody who thinks that you should be a jerk to somebody just b/c they were a Cowboy or are a cowboy fan should get their card revoked. Eagles fans are a totally different matter.

Agreed. They are people first, football players second. No need to revoke the card. :)

you handled yourself well. it's not bad to respect players from the cowboys when you meet them. i mean michael irvin was a great player and even though he's a cowboy you have to admit that he played every game with heart. yes we put him down a lot here, but it's just playful banter. good job.

is not...i mean what i say...what a crackhead...:o)

Archived