Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sins.com:Brunell to Miss 2-3 Weeks With Hand Injury

skins4eva

10-15 miles a day? :laugh:

Why don't we add a full backpack to it as well? :)

We just need him to scramble for a few yards once n a great while, not run a marathon.

Yeah but when a mother ****er named Nick Griesen hit him on a cheap shot last year, his legs weren't strong enough to recover.

He needs to strengthen his left arm and his legs, that was apparant at the end of last year.

Yeah but when a mother ****er named Nick Griesen hit him on a cheap shot last year, his legs weren't strong enough to recover.

He needs to strengthen his left arm and his legs, that was apparant at the end of last year.

That didn't have anything to do with how much running Brunell does or any conditioning.

Brunell took a direct hit on his knee from a helmet.

I don't care how good of shape you are in, that is going to cause an injury.

As Collins said, Brunell's adjustments will be more mental than physical so this isn't a deal-breaker.

Who knows, maybe Campbell will make the most of his extra snaps and make something happen?

At a minimum, it gives Mark another 3 weeks to keep his legs fresh.

Amen to keeping his legs fresh. Without them he can't plant and his throwing ability reverts to 2004 form.

Do you watch ultimate fighting? Have you seen people get dropped by one blow to the knee?? Now imagine when a 225+ pound LB goes low and hits you in the knee with full momentum!! I dont care who you are, your knee is going to get blasted.

Amen to keeping his legs fresh. Without them he can't plant and his throwing ability reverts to 2004 form.

I disagree. Now is the time to lift and run, lift and run, strengthen and work like a warrior. About 2 weeks before the first game, taper him off (so his body supercompensates) and rest the legs then so that he has super spring and energy come the Vikings game.

I disagree. Now is the time to lift and run, lift and run, strengthen and work like a warrior. About 2 weeks before the first game, taper him off and rest the legs so that he has super spring and energy come the Vikings game.

Riggo are you a personal trainer? Do you really think you have a better understaing of our players needs more than the Redskins trainers? He is not running for the Iron man competition.

Its a finger, relax boys

Anyone remember Rypien in 1991? In the last Giants game in December he got his ring finger on his throwing hand (while throwing a TD pass) caught in a helmet of a Giants player and broke it

I think he did just fine in the Superbowl a few weeks later

Riggo are you a personal trainer? Do you really think you have a better understaing of our players needs more than the Redskins trainers? He is not running for the Iron man competition.

No but I coach track and lacrosse and I know the concept of a taper before competition. You have to train hard (for both your aerobic and muscular fitness) until about 2-3 weeks out of your target competition (which for Brunell is September 11 and onward).

No one is freaking out--it just so happens that our starting QB has an injury to his throwing hand and it somehow occurred before any contact drills took place.

There are so many ways to break a finger in football without any contact its not even funny

What probably happened was one of the other QB's threw a pass to MB and he caught it wrong

That is how I broke my finger during the summer before my senior year of high school football, we were at a team camp a few weeks before practice started, I was warming up a QB and caught the ball wrong, boom the bottom part of my ring finger jumped on top of my finger and ended up at a 90 degree angle, broken finger right there, put it back in place, in 3 weeks it was fine

Remember, Ryp broke his finger in a 34-17 December win over the Giants in 1991.

About 5 weeks later he threw 2 TD passes to win us the Superbowl

Its a finger, relax boys

Anyone remember Rypien in 1991? In the last Giants game in December he got his ring finger on his throwing hand (while throwing a TD pass) caught in a helmet of a Giants player and broke it

I think he did just fine in the Superbowl a few weeks later

Yes, but we didn't pull Rypien out of that game, did we? We even started him against the Eagles in a meaningless game the next week before he took a couple hits against their brutal defense.

No one is freaking out--it just so happens that our starting QB has an injury to his throwing hand and it somehow occurred before any contact drills took place.

He broke it by contacting another players bodypart or helmet, it has nothing to do with contact drills.

No offense to anyone out there (especially the one's who aren't panicking and actually know something about football), but we REALLY have some ignorant people in here.

It's June 2nd. Last time I checked, SB's weren't won 6 months before it's played.

Riggo needs some prozac

can i say, we may have a qb controversey in the brewing?

If he broke his forearm or leg and would be out a great period of time this offseason, i'd say yes.

Its only his finger and Gibbs has a softspot for Mark, so I highly doubt this will effect the depth chart.

Archived