Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sins.com:Brunell to Miss 2-3 Weeks With Hand Injury

skins4eva

What the hell?! How do you injure your finger doing non-contact drills? He needs to tough it out man, no excuses. He'll have a month off after minicamp.
:laugh:

Tough it out? His finger needs surgery buddy. Brunell does not need to tough it out in June. What till he breaks something in September then you can complain.

I don't think that the rest of my post was garbage and I think you're missing the point.

My point is about the standard that Mark is judged by and how that standard (Gibbs making) blinds people to Mark's flaws on this board. Or, they minimize them to....feel better about the situation? Hell, at some point I was hoping even Campbell got in. If you're not going to bench a Qb who has thrown for less than 50 yards in a playoff game and throws a critical turnover that SHOULD have cost your team the game---then you're clearly treating them differently than you'd treat another QB. Ramsey only happened to be the backup.

Some people on the board need to stop focusing on stances taken in the past and accept the basic truth that's in a post. The fact is, WHOEVER was at QB (even if I were backup) should have been pulled last year.

Remember, it was Gibbs who said Campbell would have been OK last year. That a 40 yard, bonehead INT performance followed up with a junky second playoff outing and clearly limited offensive gameplan (as much because of the gimpy QB as because of the 'lack' of a second WR) didn't result in SOME type of change indicates that Mark is the recipient of great faith and loyalty that he simply doesn't merit. For Godssakes, he never even played for those old Redskins teams! What on earth has he done to deserve that kind of free pass?

So I guess Gibbs is wrong and you are right? Its ok to hate on MB cause your little brother PR got pulled after 30 minutes but to go on and on and on about how bad MB is just shows your feelings have been hurt. JC is not ready, and MB is the best option we have. Plain and simple, during the playoffs he was hurt and the whole team was banged up. He had one WR to go to and a TE that was covered 99% of the time. What did you expect? A miracle?

So Gibbs loves MB and will keep him in the game even if it was the worst he could do to the team? :doh:

Unfortunately guys, his age is starting to show already this season. I am a Brunell supporter, but have my concerns with his ability to play this season without a serious injury. A hand injury at his age can linger all season, especially in the cold months.

The only good thing about this is that Jason Campbell will get a lot of snaps, and that can only help him mature, and learn the offense enough to come in to a real game and perform the duties if need be.

If he were younger, this would be no big deal at all. This is a fracture, and at his age, that is always a concern. This isn't good news so early in the year. Let's hope it doesn't amount to as much as some of us feel.

Sounds to me like a freak accident. I broke a finger once playing basketball when the ball came off the backboard at an odd angle.

Campbell will get more time, which is a great thing. Who knows, maybe he will flourish and make a run for the starting slot? At worst, he'll have a slightly better grasp of the offense.

Either way- not a big deal at all.

One way or another, it will be interesting to see what "The Kid" does with any extra snaps he gets with the 1st teamers.

In Gibbs We Trust and all that, but this feels like having a Ferrari (or at least a Porsche) in the garage and we're still out beating around in an El Camino. I mean, Mark is awesome, and I legitimately want him to start. I just really really want to see what J.C. can do.

Preseason is still months away. ****.

What's hilarious is seeing how Mark is "DEFINITELY" the starter unless Campbell looks like Christ in a Redskins uniform. Why is that? Mark was good but not Savior-like last preseason and Ramsey was judged on a poor preseason. Gibbs couldn't wait to make the switch.

Yet Mark gets a "SOLID starter" tag when he looked like CRAP when it MATTERED?! That Campbell has to be Elway out there to get the starting nod over a guy who is at his best when the ball is given to him 30 yards away from his opponent's goal line or when the best in-flight wide receiver in the game bails his ass out? All of that sounds reasonable. :doh:

Lets just hope that this finger thing isn't the start another 2004 experience. If his finger, leg, knee, shoulder, hip, whatever is holding him back this year put someone else in.

I don't want to hear after the 5th game of the year that the reason were 1-4 or 2-3 and Brunell is fumbling so much is because his finger hasn't healed completely and he's having trouble throwing and holding onto the ball. If thats the case, someone else can do better. He wasn't all-pro in 05.

:doh: Here we go again...They come out of the woodwork like ants when this news is reported. Listen everyone. Brunell is our QB.

A couple of FACTS to take into consideration when wondering why Brunell IS our starter without any QB controversy besides the ones in these forums:

* Mark WAS the QB under center most of the year last year.

* Mark DID have ProBowl numbers in comparison to other NFC QBs who made it there last year.

* Mark DID play a role in your Redskins making it back to the playoffs for the first time in years.

* Mark HAS proven to be a winner in this league already, no matter how you try to "minimize" his contributions, UNLIKE the other to QBs we have on the roster who you are calling for to start!

And one last one for our more severely challenged Redskin fans out there:

* Patrick Ramsey is now on the JETS!

Now, feel free to ignore these facts and continue your bashing of next year's winning SuperBowl QB. :applause:

Have you ever thought Gibbs was saying that to give Campbell more confidence and may not have been a true statement?

Are you calling Joe Gibbs a liar? :security: I think we may need to call in some mods :cop: to get you banned and/or flogged :whippin:. On second thought, I know :kungfu:. Prepare to die.

j/k I know exactly what you're talking about, I just really wanted to use some smilies. In fact, I think this practice of Gibbs is one thing that makes him a class act. He simply will not say something bad about a person in public. It's never a good idea to discourage or anger a player; it's much better to communicate any constructive criticism or evaluation in private and without an insult.

Archived