Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sins.com:Brunell to Miss 2-3 Weeks With Hand Injury

skins4eva

We are giving him an excuse right now, because we can afford to. This isn't that important. They are just running around getting a sweat. I don't want him practicing, have the ball hit him in the same finger, and then be out 6 months. I really don't see why you can't comprehend that.

What will be done to increase his arm and leg strength if hes not throwing?

Riggo considering that the finger in question resides on his throwing hand don't you think that it would at least be advisable for him to refrain from it's use for a while so it can heal properly? I mean is "developing the warrior mentality" really worth risking possibly permanently screwing up his ability to throw the ball?You go try to throw a ball without using your index finger and let me know how it goes. I admit you have more knowledge of sports medicine than us. On the other hand I think Bubba tyer and the other trainers have probably forgotten more about the subject than you will ever know.

Riggo considering that the finger in question resides on his throwing hand don't you think that it would at least be advisable for him to refrain from it's use for a while so it can heal properly? I mean is "developing the warrior mentality" really worth risking possibly permanently screwing up his ability to throw the ball?You go try to throw a ball without using your index finger and let me know how it goes. I admit you have more knowledge of sports medicine than us. On the other hand I think Bubba tyer and the other trainers have probably forgotten more about the subject than you will ever know.

Great post, and no offense RR, but until you said you were a coach I figured you were still in High School from your posts.

And on a side, people who don't have their age under their name should not be trusted.

What will be done to increase his arm and leg strength if hes not throwing?

There are all kinds of drills they can run to keep arm and leg strength up without actually throwing. It doesn't take that long to get arm strength up if that is what you are trying to do. I would worry more about working with the new receivers than I would about keeping his arm strength up.

This really is a non-issue. It sucks that he got injured, but if you gotta get injured, might as well do it now when you can heal properly-- especially since it'll give Campbell more snaps. Broken fingers are rough, and I yield to the more medically inclined here, but from my experience, put it in a cast, wait a few weeks and it'll 100% before long. But I agree with skins4eva: I really hope this isn't the dawn of accident-prone Brunell.

This really is a non-issue. It sucks that he got injured, but if you gotta get injured, might as well do it now when you can heal properly-- especially since it'll give Campbell more snaps. Broken fingers are rough, and I yield to the more medically inclined here, but from my experience, put it in a cast, wait a few weeks and it'll 100% before long. But I agree with skins4eva: I really hope this isn't the dawn of accident-prone Brunell.

Cast? No way. Splint at the most.

Aw man. When Brunell throws for 40 yards in the biggest game of the year and all that WR talent just looks exasperated, he now has the 2006 excuse.

"well, I mean, 2004 we had no talent here and then later on in 2005, he didn't get worn down, it was that knee injury and then this year, he didn't have enough left after fracturing his finger in OTAs. Brunell put up a respectable 2900 yards guys, come on! Sure Portis had 300 carries in the last 5 games and the D forced 40 turnovers, but Mark was just as important to the team!"

this has probably been hashed out...but BECAUSE IT MAY NOT HEAL...are you brain dead? In your eyes, you'd rather have Brunell in less than meaningful OTA's extending (perhaps indefinitely when you're in your 30's) your injury versus taking TWO TO THREE FREAKING WEEKS of rest (while you still devour the offensive terminology).... you're sick...I'd hate to play for you...in this scenario, Mark still learns, the backups get better (in case someone Mark's age gets healthy again) and we remain on track...

Jeez...drop your "gladiator" mentality and use the grey matter for something more than holding your ears apart...

Or caught it wrong.. I know I've jammed my finger a number of times just by catching the darn ball incorrectly.

Alot of times, QB's can actually break their fingers if they don't get far enough under the center, especially in the NFL, where the snaps come back there with alot of speed and power.

I've seen it happen firsthand, but luckily we're now running the shotgun, so I don't have to worry.

Archived