Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sins.com:Brunell to Miss 2-3 Weeks With Hand Injury

skins4eva

No offense to anyone out there (especially the one's who aren't panicking and actually know something about football), but we REALLY have some ignorant people in here.

It's June 2nd. Last time I checked, SB's weren't won 6 months before it's played.

Riggo needs some prozac

Eight. ;)

No offense to anyone out there (especially the one's who aren't panicking and actually know something about football), but we REALLY have some ignorant people in here.

It's June 2nd. Last time I checked, SB's weren't won 6 months before it's played.

Riggo needs some prozac

But the mentality, the code of the warrior, the ability to overcome pain and not miss a beat, needs to be developed now.

A broken index finger shouldn't be an excuse to miss OTAs.

No but I coach track and lacrosse and I know the concept of a taper before competition. You have to train hard (for both your aerobic and muscular fitness) until about 2-3 weeks out of your target competition (which for Brunell is September 11 and onward).

I am not trying to offend you but I cant help it to think that the trainers at the Park are not aware of what needs to be done!! No QB at his age runs for 15 miles a day then squats 500 pounds. We want him to be quick and mobile not tired s#$#$less when the season starts. You also keep talking about the code of the warrior... Riggo.. you are worrying me dude ;)

I am not trying to offend you but I cant help it to think that the trainers at the Park are not aware of what needs to be done!! No QB at his age runs for 15 miles a day then squats 500 pounds. We want him to be quick and mobile not a tired s#$#$less when the season starts.

Don't you wonder why he can't throw the ball as far as McNabb or Vick if he's on an adequate lifting, core-training, and running regimen?

Yeah but when a mother ****er named Nick Griesen hit him on a cheap shot last year, his legs weren't strong enough to recover.

:doh:

Kinda like when McNabb got drilled in the chest against the Falcons, I guess his ribs wern't strong enough to recover.

Don't you wonder why he can't throw the ball as far as McNabb or Vick if he's on an adequate lifting, core-training, and running regimen?

Vick is an absolute freak. Nobody throws it as far or as hard as he does

McNabb is oh 8 years younger

Next rationalzation please

So you are telling me that if everyone trains the same amount they would be able to do the same things as others on the same level of playing field? For someone that teaches track should know that no one is created equally. Mcchunky is not accurate as MB and the same can be said about Vick. Everyone is gifted in their ways, no 2 people are the same. I hope you dont believe by running your kids on the track to the ground they will all turn in to Carl Lewis.

But the mentality, the code of the warrior, the ability to overcome pain and not miss a beat, needs to be developed now.

A broken index finger shouldn't be an excuse to miss OTAs.

Oh my freakin god, they are just playing catch right now. I know the number to a good therapist if its needed.

So you are telling me that if everyone trains the same amount they would be able to do the same things as others on the same level of playing field? For someone that teaches track should know that no one is created equally. Mcchunky is not accurate as MB and the same can be said about Vick. Everyone is gifted in their ways, no 2 people are the same. I hope you dont believe by running your kids on the track to the ground they will all turn in to Carl Lewis.

Strength is something that can be changed more then speed though. Look at Archuleta and how he developed his bench press into a number thats higher then most defensive linemen.

Strength is something that can be changed more then speed though. Look at Archuleta and how he developed his bench press into a number thats higher then most defensive linemen.

Cause he is built differently and is about 7 years younger as well. There is a reason QB are QB's, you cant compare them to defensive backs, line backers or any other positions. Vick is just a freak but that is about it. The rest of the QB's are built to stay in the pocket and pass accurately and make smart decisions. They are not built for tackling or hitting. Look at Mcchunky last year, he got blasted in the chest and got hurt. So I guess he wasnt strong enough?

Cause he is built differently and is about 7 years younger as well. There is a reason QB are QB's, you cant compare them to defensive backs, line backers or any other positions. Vick is just a freak but that is about it. The rest of the QB's are built to stay in the pocket and pass accurately and make smart decisions. They are not built for tackling or hitting. Look at Mcchunky last year, he got blasted in the chest and got hurt. So I guess he wasnt strong enough?

Didn't he have a sports hernia injury? He still played 1/2 the season and did respectable with it.

I honestly believe after he aggrevated it against Dallas and the Eagles fell to 0-3 in the division and 4-4 overall, Reid just told him it was time to have the surgery and prepare for next year as the Eagles knew they weren't going to the playoffs.

The Falcons game last year? Thats the same one where he got the sports hernia injury I think.

Well beside his sports hernia, no two players are the same. Just trust our trainers and they will have MB ready to play a full season plus winning the SB ;)

Well beside his sports hernia, no two players are the same. Just trust our trainers and they will have MB ready to play a full season plus winning the SB ;)

I guess my main point is...if this was September 10 do you think Brunell would still play against the Vikings? I think yes...much like McNabb played 1/2 the year with the sports hernia. Why? Because its much more preferable then the alternative.

So why are we giving him an excuse not to practice now?

I guess my main point is...if this was September 10 do you think Brunell would still play against the Vikings? I think yes...much like McNabb played 1/2 the year with the sports hernia. Why? Because its much more preferable then the alternative.

So why are we giving him an excuse not to practice now?

We are giving him an excuse right now, because we can afford to. This isn't that important. They are just running around getting a sweat. I don't want him practicing, have the ball hit him in the same finger, and then be out 6 months. I really don't see why you can't comprehend that.

Archived