Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I wish all anti-wrestling people could/would watch some ECW events from circa 1996. Greatest wrestling EVER. Nothing like 2000 drunk fans being part of the action. :D

...uhhh:no: Freestyle, Sumo, Greco-Roman, and Folkstyle share the honor of being the greatest wrestling ever since they actually all are forms of wrestling. Pro wrestling is nothing more than mediocre theatre/gymnastics.

Trust me, real is always soooo much better. ;)

I wish all anti-wrestling people could/would watch some ECW events from circa 1996. Greatest wrestling EVER. Nothing like 2000 drunk fans being part of the action. :D

The old ECW was crazy. People should at least go rent some of their old PPV on DVD and check them out.

I have read that The Sandman, Sabu, Balls Mahoney, Justin Credible, and Francine all have signed so far. Lance Storm has been offered a contract, but hasn't signed yet.

I loved trekking down the turnpike to the old ECW arena. Those were great shows back in the day.

I don't know how I feel about this yet. I loved One night Stand last year, and I'm getting the PPV next Sunday, but I don't know if they can pull it off every week......

...uhhh:no: Freestyle, Sumo, Greco-Roman, and Folkstyle share the honor of being the greatest wrestling ever since they actually all are forms of wrestling. Pro wrestling is nothing more than mediocre theatre/gymnastics.

I agree. WWE and all the other stuff is theatre. I don't understand the lovefest for it. And I sure as hell don't understand paying to watch it.

I agree. WWE and all the other stuff is theatre. I don't understand the lovefest for it. And I sure as hell don't understand paying to watch it.

Its just a soap! You either love it or you hate it. I enjoyed it a long time ago then it got boring and repetative.

Guest sith lord

I remember going to the first ever ECW event held in Buffalo in, I believe 1996 and to this date that is the best ever pro wrestling event I've ever attended and I've been to tons. That event was so good, they distributed it. But I don't believe you can ever re-live the past and it won't be the same.

Guest sith lord
E-C-DUB! E-C-DUB!

How many wrestlers are going to leave TNA for this?

I hope none. But from what I've heard, most of TNA's talent is under contract for a while anyways.

Anyone who says wrestling is fake is just plain ignorant.. Yes we know it's rehearsed, but fake? no.. Did anyone see Trish Stratu's arm get bent back a few weeks ago.. I damn near threw up at the sight. That's just one of a million examples I could through out..

ECW was not what I'd call a step ahead of the other promotions, but they definately cut their own path.

I liked ECW when it was a rebel outfit.....being part of the WWE loses that appeal, but Vince will find a way to keep it interesting.

Still like TNA but was always more of a WCW fan than a WWE fan.........

TNA is garbage imo.. I'm not seeing much talent there to be honest =/

Anyone who says wrestling is fake is just plain ignorant

No, we just like REAL sports . . . where whoever is better wins. Also, after watching boxing, UFC, Pride, or any other REAL fighting . . . it's hard to watch the fake stuff that the WWF puts out.

• Like 1

Agreed CJC. I used to watch pro wrestling as a child. Then I started wrestling in Jr. High and High school and that was the end of Dusty Rhodes, Killer Karl Kox, The Iron Sheik and all the rest of those characters for me.

I could probably still occasionally watch it as kitschy pap if they weren't trying to make it look so real nowadays. Without the old bald fat guys it lost the only chance it had with me which was the humor angle.

Trust me, I'd rather see someone get powerbombed over a table set on fire than see these real forms of wrestling.

Guest sith lord
TNA is garbage imo.. I'm not seeing much talent there to be honest =/

TNA is not garbage. On average, they put on much better shows than the WWE.

I don't really think it is a niche. It is about trying to expand to possibly new viewers and most importantly, the merchandise...where the real money is made!! (subtle movie reference) :D

Is this the reference to which you refer?

spaceballs_large_11.jpg

WWE is definitely the worst. ECW has got to be better than that. TNA is kinda cool, but some of their heat might be beat down by the return of ECW.

Kurt Angle won a gold medal in the 96 olympics, and he is in pro wrestling. Go figure.

Never in my life have I sat down with my wife while she's watching General Hospital and said, "Geez honey. That's SOOOO fake." No :pooh:.

Never in my life have I gone to a play and said, "Geez this is so fake. Why do people pay to watch it?" Again...no :pooh:.

Pro wrestling is a soap opera for men, and as such contains more violence and scantilly clad hot chicks than daytime TV. I fail to see the problem. :D

Pro wrestling is scripted, sure. But if you don't think those guys get hurt, you're just a fool. Look at Bret Hart. Look at Sid Vicious' leg snapping in half at one of the last WCW PPV's. Look at the average lifespan of these guys, including the ones whose physiques would indicate they're probably not on steroids. That's not to mention the whiplash that EVERY pro wrestler suffers from or the everyday aches and pains of a season that NEVER ends.

Look at Mick Foley's fall from the top of the cell. He lands FLAT on his back, not landing on his feet and then falling down. Look how little the ring gives when he hits. Watch Beyond the Mat, and how The Rock gashed Foley's head with repeated chair shots -- not a blade.

Anyway, I'm glad E-C-Dub is back. I just worry about the actual health of these guys having to take bigger and bigger risks to shock the crowd. Here's to everyone staying healthy and putting on one helluva show. :cheers:

To go along the lines of what Honorary_Hog has said..

What about Owen Hart? Dude fell to his death.. Fake? You are out of your skull!

It takes a lot to do what those guys do.. not to mention the toll it takes on their bodies. I am not big into wrestling as I once was. Ever since WCW folded, I gave up on wrestling. Bringing back ECW? Holy ****! I will definitely watch it. Just thinking about the past and the likes of: The Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Tazz, New Jack, RVD, Joey Styles, The Dudley Boyz (Even Sign Guy Dudley :laugh: ), Public Enemy, Balls Mahoney, and even F.B.I just to name a few. :D

ECW WAS the greatest Pro Wrestling Organization ever. Mainly because it was a bunch of wrestlers who wanted to entertain and they did that by not selling out to the 'big guys', WCW and, at the time, WWF. It was 'underground', to a sense. Naturally, you can not recreate the past and expect it to be the same but, just the possibilty of having the same type of insane wrestling again has me grinning from ear to ear.

ECW, ECW, ECW :cheers: :notworthy :notworthy