Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Watched ECW last night and here's what I thought:

The Good:

They stuck with the "low-budget" aspects of the original ECW. It's not the fireworks and contstant waaaayyyyy too long monologing of the WWE stuff. Not flashy, but it's ECW not WCW or WWE and that's good.

The Sandman.....wow, that guy is just crazy. Also nice to see Sabu(wasn't he in TNA?), Justin Credible.

Liked the new Kurt Angle.....he wrestled techinically, but was just sick in how he destroyed Justin Credible.

Nice to see RVD with 2 belts.

Nice DX commercial in btw segemnts.

The Bad.

Too much WWE "inter-war" stuff (remember when WCW and ECW was brought to the WWE years ago? Same plot line as far as I'm concerned.) it was lame. Edge and Jon Cena was predictable and boring. Knew edge would jump RVD and knew (easily) that RVD and Cena would be feuding still.

THe battle royal sucked!!!! Lame, lame lame...when it's an all weapon BR why wait until everybody gets tossed out THEN grab weapons. Plus, who didn't think Sabu would win after Big Show tossed him and he didn't go out. Too predictable.

I'm never against hot women who want to strip.....but a) there was no stripping (for the most part) and it was filler inbtw segments, no extra plot point. Pretty lady, wonder if she'll be a new manager or a female ECW wrestler?

No way should you have the ECW champ get OWNED by another brand or wrestling promotion ON YOUR OWN SHOW. RVD got owned by Edge....that really sucked for ECW to be so extreme and yet outclassed by the #1 Seed not even the former champ.

Overall, not that great, but it was the "pilot" episode so it should get better as the show progresses.

I would like to say what a pleasure it is too talk RASTLIN with you all I hope to continue this thread for as long as we can so if you have any SPOILERS or rumors you would like to share I would love to hear them I dont always gets to watch Smackdown so I always look on the internet for the taping results so if you see them before me and dont mind shring please do so

I would like to say what a pleasure it is too talk RASTLIN with you all I hope to continue this thread for as long as we can so if you have any SPOILERS or rumors you would like to share I would love to hear them I dont always gets to watch Smackdown so I always look on the internet for the taping results so if you see them before me and dont mind shring please do so

Ditto. I used to go to 1wrestling.com for spoilers & news until Dave left. I think Apter is running that site now. It's so full of pop up adds & spyware now, I don't even bother to go there anymore.

The problem with bringing DX back is that HBK and HHH are both now in their 40's, and it just seems lame that two older guys are trying to be the voice of youth. When DX first came out, they were the young guys, standing up to the geysers and doing things their own way, now they are the older guys, so trying to recapture the same magic isn't going to work. Also, can you really be that excited about DX when they are just going to be wrestling people as uninteresting as the Spirit Squad?

Not trying to be a jerk, but just for the record, Triple H isn't 40 yet. He will turn 37 the end of July. Michaels is about 4 years older than Hunter. Secondly remember that DX stands for De-generation X, gen Xers right now are mostly in their mid 30s now so its a pretty appropriate moniker for them.

Glad this thread came back to life.

If Vince wants ECW to be viewed as legit. Then he shouldn't have it overlap with his other shows at all for the 1st 6-12 months.

Let them build up their own brand. Have their own titles, and PPV's.

Then maybe come together twice a year after that.

Wrestlemania, and then something around Oct 1st.

The shows need to be taped in smaller ECW venues, in front of ECW fans. The production and look of the shows need to be a lot less WWE, and a lot more ECW. They need more character development of the current, and upcoming wrestlers on the show. They need to change the format of the show from what works in WWE, and change the overall tone of the show. ECW used to be edgy, they used to be bold, and they used to be ahead of the curve of what’s popular in wrestling. All of those elements that made ECW a success in the 90’s were absent from the first show on Sci Fi. Can they get all of that stuff back? I think they can. I’m a patient person. I’m willing to give them a chance. Hopefully some of you will as well. The first week of ECW back on TV was indeed a wild roller coaster ride. But it’s one that I don’t intend on getting off just because of one bumpy ride.

thats what vince will never get I dont think but when he does I think it will much better than having a Zombie get his but wipped by Sandman

this is for all you TNA fans more to come as updated....

OFFICIAL LIVE TNA “SLAMMIVERSARY" RESULTS ON THE FLY

Sunday, June 18, 2006 – Orlando, FL

By: Marcus Cygy

The 30-minute free preshow opened with Jeremy Borash and TNA’s newest Knockout in Christy Hemme running down tonight’s lineup for Slammiversary, the fourth anniversary of TNA!

About 6-minutes into the preshow, “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown made his way to not only welcome us to Slammiversary, but also the Serengeti. The Alpha Male told the fans straight up that he’s sick of being held back with the King of the Mountain match being a prime example because he’s not in it. Monty Brown went on to also attack Samoa Joe by calling him “Fat Joe” – obviously being jealous to see him in a high profile match against Steiner while he’s been left off the card. In conclusion, Monty let the fans know that a new Alpha Male is dawning upon TNA, he’s going to soon be the new dominant force in TNA like he should have been right at TNA’s inception.

Our opening contest saw The Naturals lose yet another match this time against Team Canada’s Eric Young and A1 after dominating the majority of the match. Shane Douglas, their new manger furiously marched to the ring. He was asking them if “The Franchise” even meant anything to them, and the fans began chanting his name. He told The Naturals that that wasn’t fanfare – it was respect, something he has earned over the years by winning championships and high profile matches. If The Naturals don’t start getting serious about their careers, then Shane Douglas will personally “Franchise” them. The hard work is about to begin for The Naturals under Shane Douglas’ wing.

Team 3D came down premature in the night and demanded a referee and out came Mark “Slick” Johnson. They wanted The James Gang to come down right now and begin their Bingo Hall Brawl right away. As expected, neither Kip nor BG James came down, the challenge was disregarded but the fight will still come later in the night. Before they left though, Brother Ray added in that other promotions can choose what they may possess but at least TNA doesn’t have any zombies!

The 30-minute free preshow had come to pass and suddenly we kicked off the “Slammiversary” Pay-Per-View!

Immediately when the broadcast started, Team 3D were seen dragging The James Gang down to the ring with referee Mark Johnson as the match officially began in an impromptu manner. Brother Ray tossed in numerous chairs into ring – reminding us of Philadelphia on June 9th when fans threw in hundreds of chairs. This Bingo Hall Brawl was even pushed across borders to the LAX Spanish announce table and the leader of that court Konnan was not pleased to say the least – he had his thugs beat and send 3D back across the border. The entire match was hard-hitting, smash mouth and in your face. Suddenly fans were getting involved when they started holding up chairs for Brother Ray and Devon to smash either BG or Kip’s head thru.

Brother Ray continued the violence by bring a garbage can full of weapons into the ring during this most interactive match the iMPACT Zone has ever seen! Ray’s favourite kitchen item the cheese grater was also used when he grated Kip’s forehead and shortly later we saw Team 3D redeeming themselves after their loss to The James Gang last month at Sacrifice. Being that this was an interactive match, the fans ordered Team 3D to “Get The Table” and that they did! Kip James was sent thru the table via the 3D finisher and your winners were Brother Ray and Brother Devon of Team 3D – the fans were chanting, “That was Awesome” by the time this was over!

Backstage, Jeff Jarrett told us that when it comes down to clutch time he always comes through. Tonight in the match he made famous, the King of the Mountain match will be his time to rise atop of TNA once more as the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Christian Cage and Sting’s ego will cancel each other out proclaimed Jarrett, while Ron Killings and Abyss ill massacre each other and that’ll leave the opportunity open for Jarrett to hang the title.

Our next bout was the handicap match between Rhino and Team Canada’s Bobby Roode & Scott D’Amore. After much bold talk coming out of D’Amore’s mouth he immediately went for retreat once Rhino made his presence felt against Roode in the ring. D’Amore was very cautious about getting in the ring against Rhino but once he did physically do some damage it was only after Roode had incapacitated him for a short while. Nonetheless, Scott D’Amore became the recipient of The Gore that allocated “The War Machine” Rhino the victory!

Jeremy Borash told Samoa Joe backstage that he’s never faced anyone like Scott Steiner before, but Joe immediately turned that around and proclaimed that Scott Steiner has never faced anyone like Samoa Joe before. Tonight we will see who is truly unstoppable but first we have our X-Division Ranking match between Senshi, Petey Williams, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Sonjay Dutt, and Shark Boy!

Quick Match Results:

• Preshow: Team Canada (Eric Young & A1) defeated The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas).

• Bingo Hall Brawl: Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) defeated The James Gang (BG James & Kip James).

• Handicap Match: Rhino defeated Team Canada (Bobby Roode & Scott D’Amore). 20% Off Sale - Monday At ShopTNA.com

OFFICIAL LIVE TNA “SLAMMIVERSARY" RESULTS ON THE FLY

Sunday, June 18, 2006 – Orlando, FL

By: Marcus Cygy

The 30-minute free preshow opened with Jeremy Borash and TNA’s newest Knockout in Christy Hemme running down tonight’s lineup for Slammiversary, the fourth anniversary of TNA!

About 6-minutes into the preshow, “The Alpha Male” Monty Brown made his way to not only welcome us to Slammiversary, but also the Serengeti. The Alpha Male told the fans straight up that he’s sick of being held back with the King of the Mountain match being a prime example because he’s not in it. Monty Brown went on to also attack Samoa Joe by calling him “Fat Joe” – obviously being jealous to see him in a high profile match against Steiner while he’s been left off the card. In conclusion, Monty let the fans know that a new Alpha Male is dawning upon TNA, he’s going to soon be the new dominant force in TNA like he should have been right at TNA’s inception.

Our opening contest saw The Naturals lose yet another match this time against Team Canada’s Eric Young and A1 after dominating the majority of the match. Shane Douglas, their new manger furiously marched to the ring. He was asking them if “The Franchise” even meant anything to them, and the fans began chanting his name. He told The Naturals that that wasn’t fanfare – it was respect, something he has earned over the years by winning championships and high profile matches. If The Naturals don’t start getting serious about their careers, then Shane Douglas will personally “Franchise” them. The hard work is about to begin for The Naturals under Shane Douglas’ wing.

Team 3D came down premature in the night and demanded a referee and out came Mark “Slick” Johnson. They wanted The James Gang to come down right now and begin their Bingo Hall Brawl right away. As expected, neither Kip nor BG James came down, the challenge was disregarded but the fight will still come later in the night. Before they left though, Brother Ray added in that other promotions can choose what they may possess but at least TNA doesn’t have any zombies!

The 30-minute free preshow had come to pass and suddenly we kicked off the “Slammiversary” Pay-Per-View!

Immediately when the broadcast started, Team 3D were seen dragging The James Gang down to the ring with referee Mark Johnson as the match officially began in an impromptu manner. Brother Ray tossed in numerous chairs into ring – reminding us of Philadelphia on June 9th when fans threw in hundreds of chairs. This Bingo Hall Brawl was even pushed across borders to the LAX Spanish announce table and the leader of that court Konnan was not pleased to say the least – he had his thugs beat and send 3D back across the border. The entire match was hard-hitting, smash mouth and in your face. Suddenly fans were getting involved when they started holding up chairs for Brother Ray and Devon to smash either BG or Kip’s head thru.

Brother Ray continued the violence by bring a garbage can full of weapons into the ring during this most interactive match the iMPACT Zone has ever seen! Ray’s favourite kitchen item the cheese grater was also used when he grated Kip’s forehead and shortly later we saw Team 3D redeeming themselves after their loss to The James Gang last month at Sacrifice. Being that this was an interactive match, the fans ordered Team 3D to “Get The Table” and that they did! Kip James was sent thru the table via the 3D finisher and your winners were Brother Ray and Brother Devon of Team 3D – the fans were chanting, “That was Awesome” by the time this was over!

Backstage, Jeff Jarrett told us that when it comes down to clutch time he always comes through. Tonight in the match he made famous, the King of the Mountain match will be his time to rise atop of TNA once more as the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Christian Cage and Sting’s ego will cancel each other out proclaimed Jarrett, while Ron Killings and Abyss ill massacre each other and that’ll leave the opportunity open for Jarrett to hang the title.

Our next bout was the handicap match between Rhino and Team Canada’s Bobby Roode & Scott D’Amore. After much bold talk coming out of D’Amore’s mouth he immediately went for retreat once Rhino made his presence felt against Roode in the ring. D’Amore was very cautious about getting in the ring against Rhino but once he did physically do some damage it was only after Roode had incapacitated him for a short while. Nonetheless, Scott D’Amore became the recipient of The Gore that allocated “The War Machine” Rhino the victory!

Jeremy Borash told Samoa Joe backstage that he’s never faced anyone like Scott Steiner before, but Joe immediately turned that around and proclaimed that Scott Steiner has never faced anyone like Samoa Joe before. Tonight we will see who is truly unstoppable but first we have our X-Division Ranking match between Senshi, Petey Williams, Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Sonjay Dutt, and Shark Boy!

Quick Match Results:

• Preshow: Team Canada (Eric Young & A1) defeated The Naturals (Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas).

• Bingo Hall Brawl: Team 3D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon) defeated The James Gang (BG James & Kip James).

• Handicap Match: Rhino defeated Team Canada (Bobby Roode & Scott D’Amore). 20% Off Sale - Monday At ShopTNA.com

Jeremy Borash and Christy Hemme welcomed everyone to the PPV countdown show and began running down the PPV lineup. Borash actually said AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels would be defending the NWA Tag Titles against America's Most Wanted. Whoops! They aired a video feature on the King of the Mountain main event for the NWA championship.

Monty Brown made his way to the ring wearing street clothes. Brown said that tonight he won't be in the "King of the Ring" but that's OK. Whoops! He said he's going to start streaking through the competition. He said that "Fat Joe" was noticed for having a winning streak, but Brown has already been there and done that. He said Joe's streak might end tonight against Scott Steiner, but if Joe makes it into the ring with Brown, he'll make Joe, "Lean back...lean back...lean back." What in the hell is he talking about? Brown said to the "New Face of TNA" that he's sick of being held back and held down. The crowd began chanting, "Joe is gonna kill you." Brown said that Joe has his hands full already. Brown said he tried to be nice but now he's going to be himself and is going to run through anyone TNA puts in his path with the Pounce. Not one of Brown's better interviews as he was all over the place and well, over the head of everyone, by trying to be cute with puns.

Brother Ray said TNA is the hottest thing in professional wrestling right now. He made a promise that we will see great wrestling, some of the most hardcore wrestling you will see ever and most importantly, no zombies in the ring. Ray says that product sucks. Tenay says no zombies and no vampires tonight.