Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Agreed.

I don't have any old tapes, but I bet I can find better old ECW matches on youtube.com.

Good ole youtube. That's a good idea when my tapes run dry. I have a 4 corner match between Pitbull #2, Shane Douglas, 2 Cold Scorpio, & Chris Jericho somewhere that I have to dig up. 35-40 minutes of stellar stuff in that one.....

As for tonight. I certainly would have done it differently than this, but to be fair, they were booked into a corner pretty good with the RVD weed debacle. But in Philly, they should have put that belt on ANYONE else who was at least in ECW the first time around. I'm sure Vince had everything to do with it. The fans know it too, hence the "You sold out" chant to Paul after the match.

Just let me say it could be worse. They could have given the belt to Test.........

Big show is the first wrestler to have won the WCW, WWE, and ECW titles. This is according to the ECW announcers.

I think maybe they are going that angle. That they are saying here is a guy ready to be a champ. This allows them to go in many different directions. Who knows maybe the old NWO makes a return since the Big Show is now a villian.

As for tonight. I certainly would have done it differently than this, but to be fair, they were booked into a corner pretty good with the RVD weed debacle. But in Philly, they should have put that belt on ANYONE else who was at least in ECW the first time around. I'm sure Vince had everything to do with it. The fans know it too, hence the "You sold out" chant to Paul after the match.

Just let me say it could be worse. They could have given the belt to Test.........

When this is your roster :

Al Snow

Balls Mahoney

Big Show

C.W. Anderson

Danny Doring

Francine

Jazz

Joey Styles

Justin Credible

Kelly

Kurt Angle

Paul Heyman

Roadkill

Rob Van Dam

Sabu

Sandman

Stevie Richards

Tazz

Terry Funk

Tommy Dreamer

Tony Mamaluke

Trinity

You've got about three people you can put the belt on.

Angle. Dreamer. Or Sabu.

Any of them would have been better the Show & a Heyman heel turn.

RVD screwed himself with the arrest this weekend. We knew he was gonna lose the title, but to who he would lose to was the question. I probably would have had him lose to Tommy Dreamerif it had to be an old school ECW talent. But I like Big Show as a HEEL and with Paul E. as a HEEL also. Now, who knows what the creative team will do now. But they do need some more players, that's for certain, cause the current roster is lacking. Surprised Sabu got a promo off after his arrest. :laugh:

Quality video right there. I was actually (un)lucky enough to be at the ECW arena that night when Sabu & Terry Funk wrestled in that barb wire match. (Which is on youtube as well, with "What a wonderful world" dubbed in as the background music for some reason.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYo51Vh_Aks&search=sabu%20barbed%20wire)

We were standing maybe 20 feet from the ring, with a perfect view Sabu got crotched on the barbed wire. It was nasty, and pretty difficult to watch.

You've got about three people you can put the belt on.

Angle. Dreamer. Or Sabu.

Any of them would have been better the Show & a Heyman heel turn.

Agreed. I would have picked Dreamer myself, since he's ECW. Heyman could have turned on RVD & sided with Dreamer & it would have been bearable (at least somewhat bearable)

There were 2 guys the new ECW couldn't afford to lose. Rob Van Dam & Sabu. Once they got busted, things got bad in a hurry. Now we have a glorified Smackdown parading around as ECW just because they're wearing ECW shirts........

Quality video right there. I was actually (un)lucky enough to be at the ECW arena that night when Sabu & Terry Funk wrestled in that barb wire match. (Which is on youtube as well, with "What a wonderful world" dubbed in as the background music for some reason.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYo51Vh_Aks&search=sabu%20barbed%20wire)

We were standing maybe 20 feet from the ring, with a perfect view Sabu got crotched on the barbed wire. It was nasty, and pretty difficult to watch.

Agreed. I would have picked Dreamer myself, since he's ECW. Heyman could have turned on RVD & sided with Dreamer & it would have been bearable (at least somewhat bearable)

There were 2 guys the new ECW couldn't afford to lose. Rob Van Dam & Sabu. Once they got busted, things got bad in a hurry. Now we have a glorified Smackdown parading around as ECW just because they're wearing ECW shirts........

I have that barbed wire match on dvd. Effing brutal.

Myself, I'd have gone with Dreamer with a posible Heyman heel turn for the old school ECW effect, or Dreamer with Francine run in to cost RVD the title. Or Angle if I wanted to put butts in the seats of the bigger areas. After all, they were billing Angle as the embodiment of the new ECW.

But Big Slow? No effing way.

Great vid. Thanks TK. The talent pool for the current roster is limited. There's a lot of talent in the independents that could be signed and eventually brought to the big leagues. Most of the old ECW folks are in TNA. We'll see how this plays out. But it doesn't look good. I'm sure the ratings will take a big hit, if things continue this way. :2cents:

Big Show as the champ...I still can't get over that:doh:

****!!!!:mad:

Hopefully he'll be a transitional champ & Dreamer will whip ass & take the belt from him as Heyman does a face turn.

to me that was a slap to the face of the old school ECW fan

brought back memories of Toronto all over again

you screwed Bret you screwed Bret!!!!!!!!!!!

but instead it was to a much more ruthless crowd :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The following is from ECW.com:

Moments after screwing Rob Van Dam out of the ECW Championship, Paul Heyman gave the following statement to ECW.com:

“As of this moment, Rob Van Dam has been suspended for 30 days.”

I'm wondering if Sabu got the same. If so, why the promo?

The following is from ECW.com:

Moments after screwing Rob Van Dam out of the ECW Championship, Paul Heyman gave the following statement to ECW.com:

“As of this moment, Rob Van Dam has been suspended for 30 days.”

30 days of no RVD? :doh: As if it couldn't get any worse to watch

Damn that sucks. I kinda figured that it would be a matter of time until things went bad, but not this soon. Maybe Vince and Heyman will find someway to recover. I wasn't expecting true ECW when they started this venture, but I was looking forward to it because it would've at least been something different. Oh well, at least there's Ring of Honor and TNA to watch.

Vince has a lot of money tied up into bringing ECW back. I'm pretty sure, they'll get things going. But he really should let Heyman do the show, the way he wants. First, sign some talent. 2nd, have more interaction with the fans (real in-ring promos. 3rd, establish some HEELS and create some rivalries. 4th, more ladies, not just kelley faking the strip tease (francine, jazz & more). Just my :2cents:

Vince has a lot of money tied up into bringing ECW back. I'm pretty sure, they'll get things going. But he really should let Heyman do the show, the way he wants. First, sign some talent. 2nd, have more interaction with the fans (real in-ring promos. 3rd, establish some HEELS and create some rivalries. 4th, more ladies, not just kelley faking the strip tease (francine, jazz & more). Just my :2cents:

I tottally agree but Vince has such a HUGE ego he doesnot want to relinquish that control

if the problem is with Heyman I woulod put Dusty Rhodes in charge of ECW but you need some of the old mixed in with the new or this will not last past the one year contract they have with Sci-Fi