Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Former WCW Wrestler, Actor Found Dead

Father: Chase Tatum Died Of Apparent Accidental Drug Overdose

ATLANTA -- A former professional wrestler was found dead in his home Sunday after suffering an apparent accidental drug overdose.

Roy Tatum told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that his son, Chase Tatum, 34, was found dead around 4 p.m. Sunday in his home in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood.

Chase Tatum used to wrestle for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling organization, which was owned by Atlanta media mogul Ted Turner before it was sold to World Wrestling Entertainment. More recently, he appeared in the comedy "Who's Your Caddy?" alongside rapper Big Boi of Outkast.

Chase Tatum had been recovering from back surgery to repair a degenerative disc, which forced him to retire from wrestling after a 2 1/2 year career. His father said the former wrestler had been fighting a dependence on painkillers for years but had been planning to enter a rehabilitation center.

http://www.cbs46.com/news/15698444/detail.html

I watched the announcement of Gordon into the HoF on ECW last night. They showed so many great clips of him in the territory days and the footage looked so good and crisp. I was thinking to myself that when Blu-Ray really hits and the cost to produce them come down, the WWE has to start releasing runs of TV. With the amount of data that a Blu-Ray disc can hold, you could put the entire 1980 run of Georgia Championship Wrestling TV onto 5-6 discs. People would eat that up and the WWE would make mad money.

The only real issue that I could see would be if every wrestler shown (jobbers included) would have to be compensated.

Guest sith lord
I watched the announcement of Gordon into the HoF on ECW last night. They showed so many great clips of him in the territory days and the footage looked so good and crisp. I was thinking to myself that when Blu-Ray really hits and the cost to produce them come down, the WWE has to start releasing runs of TV. With the amount of data that a Blu-Ray disc can hold, you could put the entire 1980 run of Georgia Championship Wrestling TV onto 5-6 discs. People would eat that up and the WWE would make mad money.

The only real issue that I could see would be if every wrestler shown (jobbers included) would have to be compensated.

The WWE releasing old NWA footage is bittersweet to me. Vince did EVERYTHING in his power to run the NWA out of business, now he's making money off of it. That being said, I would by any old NWA footage they release. And you're right, they would make a killing releasing NWA TV.

I currently own about 1100 wrestling DVDs going back to the 60s. I probably have 200-300 hours of GCW and NWA TV from the late 70s through the 80s. All really nice quality from low gen VHS/film as well. However, getting these shows in a digitally remastered format would be epic.

Guest sith lord
I currently own about 1100 wrestling DVDs going back to the 60s. I probably 200-300 hours of GCW and NWA TV from the late 70s through the 80s. All really nice quality as well. However, getting these shows in a digitally remastered format would be epic.

Honestly, I can't see the WWE putting old footage on Blu-Ray.

I loved the old nwa...........wrestling was better and storylines were more realistic then the cartoonish wwf at the time......

Nothing was better then seeing a Ric Flair 60 minute title defense........some of his matches vs. sting and steamboat were amazing......Also loved when flair was fighting ronnie garvin in those cage matches.....the nature boy is the man!

Attention all Hampton Roads Wrestling fans or even if not that hard core listen up

I just recieved word that Hometown Heros on Battlefield Blvd will not only be showing Wrestlemania (for A $15.00 Minium tab)

But some Legends will be joinging us from 6-10pm

who are those said legends you may ask

well THEY may not be that big to some younger fans but too me as I grew up in this era it is a big deal

yes I am excited

but none other than

Magnum T.A And Capt Lou Albano will also be in attendance giving away door prizes all night so hope to see ya there :cheers:

Guest sith lord
Attention all Hampton Roads Wrestling fans or even if not that hard core listen up

I just recieved word that Hometown Heros on Battlefield Blvd will not only be showing Wrestlemania (for A $15.00 Minium tab)

But some Legends will be joinging us from 6-10pm

who are those said legends you may ask

well THEY may not be that big to some younger fans but too me as I grew up in this era it is a big deal

yes I am excited

but none other than

Magnum T.A And Capt Lou Albano will also be in attendance giving away door prizes all night so hope to see ya there :cheers:

Sounds like it will be a good night. Magnum is the classic case of what could have been.

Guest sith lord
only a 40% chance during the day and 30% tomorrow night, which around here means no rain or maybe a drizzle

Since you live there, I'll take your word.

In case anyone's interested, they expect rain tomorrow in Orlando.
only a 40% chance during the day and 30% tomorrow night, which around here means no rain or maybe a drizzle

Please don't let that dark cloud be foreshadowing of a Cena win.