Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Should have known WWE would find a way to mess up the whole angle.

I'm not a fan of having it be a tag only match with Rock/Cena vs. Miz/Truth.

The Survivor Series match would have been far cooler. Very disappointed with that move.

The only thing that can save this is if Cena turns heel. If he doesn't, I will be very upset. However I will always watch, like another organization that upsets me...... :helmet:

:doh:

Soooo...when does The Rock finally come back to Raw?

I keep flipping to the end of each episode and my girlfriend keeps asking me why the heck I'm watching wrestling. I can't keep saying it's because The Rock is on without him actually showing up.

I've been wondering as well. I figured he would've showed up months ago to slowly build the storyline between him and Cena, but I guess all of his other business got in the way.

Soooo...when does The Rock finally come back to Raw?

I keep flipping to the end of each episode and my girlfriend keeps asking me why the heck I'm watching wrestling. I can't keep saying it's because The Rock is on without him actually showing up.

Tell your girlfriend to mind her own business.

That's annoying. "Why are you watching football?"

"Why are you watching wrestling, you know its fake, right?" No, I didn't. I thought the punch that was just thrown, that missed by about three feet, that mortally wounded the other guy was real. Back off. Or I'll never watch any of your stupid little foo foo bull**** movies again.

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 11:34 AM ----------

I've been wondering as well. I figured he would've showed up months ago to slowly build the storyline between him and Cena, but I guess all of his other business got in the way.
Isn't the Rock supposed to return when they go to Boston for RAW? I'm not exactly sure when that is, but I heard he was supposed to be in Boston.

The Monday before Survivor Series, by the way. It's a 3 hour RAW.

Theres a quote from Jim Cornette that I remember from years ago where he said something like" Back in the 80's, guys pretended to hurt each other, and people thought it was real. Now, guys really do hurt each other, and people think it's fake."

I'm sure that WWE has toned down the violence, but back in 2002-2003, that **** was painful to watch sometimes.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Tell your girlfriend to mind her own business.

That's annoying. "Why are you watching football?"

"Why are you watching wrestling, you know its fake, right?" No, I didn't. I thought the punch that was just thrown, that missed by about three feet, that mortally wounded the other guy was real. Back off. Or I'll never watch any of your stupid little foo foo bull**** movies again.

The Monday before Survivor Series, by the way. It's a 3 hour RAW.

:ols:

Oh I've had the "you know it's fake" discussion with her. I gave up on that. She wouldn't mind it if The Rock was actually on though, since:

1) I told her from the get-go that I'm maybe scarily obsessed with The Rock...actually our first date was dinner and seeing Fast and the Furious 5

2) She likes The Rock too since she's a Miami alum and he's obviously a big Miami guy...I showed her the Youtube clip of him coming out and throwing up "The U" symbol when it was his birthday celebration on Raw in Miami a few months ago and she loved it

That's good to know about the Raw before Survivor Series though.

3 hour episode = a high forecast for an appearance by The Rock.

:ols:

Oh I've had the "you know it's fake" discussion with her. I gave up on that. She wouldn't mind it if The Rock was actually on though, since:

1) I told her from the get-go that I'm maybe scarily obsessed with The Rock...actually our first date was dinner and seeing Fast and the Furious 5

2) She likes The Rock too since she's a Miami alum and he's obviously a big Miami guy...I showed her the Youtube clip of him coming out and throwing up "The U" symbol when it was his birthday celebration on Raw in Miami a few months ago and she loved it

That's good to know about the Raw before Survivor Series though.

3 hour episode = a high forecast for an appearance by The Rock.

Oh, and its all about the U (even if they stink :ols:)

By the way, does anyone else see Cena's heel turn coming at Survivor Series?

It makes sense.

Rock answers Cena's request to team with him. Rock says he doesn't like Cena and throws a bunch of verbal jabs at him, but he's going to do it anyways because R-Truth and Miz are punks.

Cena recently started a "Rise Above Hate" campaign which is for anti-bullying.

Cena doesn't say much of anything back to Rock other than, during his entrance, "I'm doing this every day" or something to that effect... He's "rising above the hate".

But the fans cheer for the Rock, the bully. And boo Cena, the bullied.

Cena goes on to beat Miz and kick the snot out of R-Truth, without any help on RAW. Why would he need the Rock? For one reason... To turn on him. The fans boo Cena, and they cheer for the bully. He wants to rise above it.

He may even team with R-Truth and Miz as a "stable" or he may go his separate way.

The WWE doesn't need two baby faces to make the main event at WrestleMania interesting. They need a heel and a face. Rock is very obviously the face of this feud, and it can't be questioned. So why not make Cena a heel? The WWE doesn't need him for merchandise sales (they'd still get some for him, maybe even more) because CM Punk is there an acting as the active top face that fans love.

If they have Cena get the upper hand at Survivor Series, I think that also allows The Rock to leave WrestleMania the winner of the match. It doesn't bury Cena, he never loses. It pleases the fans because Cena lost, it pleases The Rock because who wants to come back for one match and lose, especially when Cena beating Rock wouldn't push Cena anywhere... He's already at the top. It would create a TON of interest in the Cena character as well. It's win/win.

I'd be much more interested... And I do NOT want to see Cena beat Rock under any circumstances at WrestleMania, so he has to gain the upper hand somewhere, and Survivor Series would be it.

I've been wishing for a Cena heel turn for a long time. Change it up, get rid of the cheesy "Cenation" BS. Stop the saluting ( I know what it's for, but his new character would have to get rid of it), stop with the bright tshirts. I'd love that. I just sound like a broken record though, because I'm pretty sure I've said this about 20 times.

There is no way Cena beats The Rock, as much as Cena would hate it. There would be an uprising, and I would lead it.

Thanks to the return of The Great One reviving my wrestling fandom, I have literally watched every Raw/Smackdown/PPV from January of '96 to now (January of '00, Royal Rumble). I had forgotten a lot of these shows.

I liked the Tazz hype leading up to the Royal Rumble, with the orange haze enveloping the arena every couple matches, with the loud pulse, and his choke out of the annoying (then) Kurt Angle. I also complete forgot about the "Cactus Jack"/HHH Street Fight that took place. Sadly, matches like the I Quit match, the two Hell In A Cell matches, Halftime Heat, etc sort of make you forget about the bevy of great matches like that one, The '96 Summer Slam Boiler Room Brawl with the Undertaker, as well as the In Your House Buried Alive match, and another 5 star match that he had with Shawn Michaels in '97 I believe.

There is no way Cena beats The Rock, as much as Cena would hate it. There would be an uprising, and I would lead it.

Then the message would be that an ex-wrestler turned actor could make a one-night cameo and beat the face of the WWE on the biggest show of the year.

I get that Cena is wildly unpopular but the WWE punks itself if they let him job to the less than part-time Rock, heel or no heel.

Then the message would be that an ex-wrestler turned actor could make a one-night cameo and beat the face of the WWE on the biggest show of the year.

I get that Cena is wildly unpopular but the WWE punks itself if they let him job to the less than part-time Rock, heel or no heel.

It won't be a "one night cameo," he's coming back before Survivor Series, and I have to assume that the Wrestlemania storyline will begin, or at least part of it will. I think there wull obviously be a little give and take in the Cena/Rock war, with The Rock eventually coming out on top. Cena has won enough **** anyways, so him winning at Wrestlemania (cleanly) would presumably be more of the same tired BS that's been going on for the last 8-9 years. And also, if The Rock were to win at Wrestlemania, I doubt that he'd just vacate the title and call it a career.

I'm guessing that Backlash is still a pay per view, and if not, feel free to correct me, but I think it would probably end there with Cena winning the title back most likely. That's my take on the matter.

Here's the problem with your analysis... All of the legends beat each other up. Cena came in right when they stopped. Cena losing to any of them at WrestleMania doesn't dent Cena's legacy in the least. The guy, like him or not, literally carried the company for YEARS on his back. Having one of the best superstars in WWE history come back to lose to Cena is just dumb. And the WWE will catch a TON of flack for that. My guess is that Rock beats Cena at Mania in a classic match. Cena regains the upper hand at a lesser event and they leave it with the score being even.

Also, I will admit that I am a huge fan of The Rock, but the idea of anyone "jobbing" to The Brahma Bull is beyond hilarious. Cena may be a legend, but The Rock is an Icon that defined an era, the greatest era in the history of professional wrestling. There will be no "jobbing" by either of the two. It will be a great feud/match, and Cena (and his character) will live.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Also, I will admit that I am a huge fan of The Rock, but the idea of anyone "jobbing" to The Brahma Bull is beyond hilarious. Cena may be a legend, but The Rock is an Icon that defined an era, the greatest era in the history of professional wrestling. There will be no "jobbing" by either of the two. It will be a great feud/match, and Cena (and his character) will live.

"Jobbing" = to lose the match. So you think there won't be a loser in this match? I don't follow.

"Jobbing" = to lose the match. So you think there won't be a loser in this match? I don't follow.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at it like that. I look at jobbing as losing in an unspectacular fashion, or losing to a guy who is not on your level. Both of these guys are established, so whichever one loses, I won't look at it in that fashion.

Here's the problem with your analysis... All of the legends beat each other up. Cena came in right when they stopped. Cena losing to any of them at WrestleMania doesn't dent Cena's legacy in the least. The guy, like him or not, literally carried the company for YEARS on his back. Having one of the best superstars in WWE history come back to lose to Cena is just dumb. And the WWE will catch a TON of flack for that. My guess is that Rock beats Cena at Mania in a classic match. Cena regains the upper hand at a lesser event and they leave it with the score being even.

Here's the problem with your response: Those legends that used beat each other up, did it while being full time wrestlers. Sure they might miss a little time due to injury here and there, but in their prime they were in the ring on the daily.

The Rock has been out of action for how long? The sporatic appearances on Raw don't make him a full time wrestler (not in my book anyway) and having the guy they are building their company around lose to him at their biggest show would devalue his worth severely.

Some token appearances just before Wrestlemania aren't enough to make anyone forget that Rock has been chilling in Hollywood while Cena has been, I dunno, wrestling.

Remember, Cena has to still work after Rock goes back to acting, why have him lay down when the WWE can still milk a little name recognition and Cena image correction from Rock losing?

"Man, Cena beat the Rock...he must be more badass than I thought..." kind of thing.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 12:01 AM ----------

Maybe it's just me, but I don't look at it like that. I look at jobbing as losing in an unspectacular fashion, or losing to a guy who is not on your level. Both of these guys are established, so whichever one loses, I won't look at it in that fashion.

You might be thinking of "jobber"...one of the guys who used to drop 95% of his matches. Anyone can do a "job" though.

Still its hard for me to see how the WWE benefits from giving Rock a win here, but it is the same company that let Lawrence Taylor get a clean win over Bam Bam Bigelow (RIP).