Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/drmcmahon

Mr. McMahon becomes Dr. McMahon

By Andrew Rote

Written: May 13, 2007

FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Mr. McMahon now has one more mark of distinction to add to his long list of accomplishments. After delivering a speech to the graduates of Sacred Heart University, the Chairman received an honorary doctor of humane letters degree.

“First of all, my name is not Vince,” Mr. McMahon told WWE.com. “It’s Dr. Vince or Dr. McMahon.”

The Chairman said he had no other honors comparable to this one; however, he felt right at home in that robe.

“If anyone alive should be decreed the doctorate of humane letters, it unquestionably should be me, and I humbly accept that award,” he said.

Mr. McMahon walked out to a very warm welcoming from more than 1,000 members of Sacred Heart’s graduating class. His wife Linda McMahon, a member of the Sacred Heart Board of Trustees, presented him with a hood just moments before he tossed his cap into the chairs to kick off his speech.

“I have no pearls of wisdom for you today,” the Chairman admitted. “I’m not going to tell you how to run your lives because I have difficulty running mine.”

Mr. McMahon discussed the challenges he went through on his way to receiving a degree as well as the bumps he faced on his road to success in business. He was honored for giving back to the community, particularly with children and education.

“What makes this a very special day is that the students have the privilege of hearing my remarks,” the Chairman announced before taking the stage.

Perhaps Mr. McMahon was accurate with that claim.

“He’s a well-established businessman,” said Matthew Cassidy, graduate. “He’s very successful and I’m excited to hear what he has to say to us.”

Christopher Lavoie, another member of Sacred Heart’s 2007 graduating class, agreed.

“I think Mr. McMahon is the perfect speaker,” he said. “I grew up watching WWE on TV and now to see him here in person is like seeing everything from my childhood come up with me.”

Mr. McMahon’s words were brief, but he made his stay memorable. After reminding everybody in attendance that he did become a billionaire, he made sure to discuss some of the failures he faced on the way. Still, he has been able to use them as methods of learning, giving him the education he needed to stand with a doctor of humane letters degree on the stage of Sacred Heart University.

“There have been a number of failures along the way in my life,” he said, “I have no pearls of wisdom, as I said before, but I can leave you with this thought. It’s important in life that you’re not afraid to fail. If you’re not afraid to fail, then you will be a success in life.”

4690510 Mr. McMahon enjoys his latest title: Doctor.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

he looks more like Dr EVIL LOL anyway as far as Sabu getting a relese you knew this would happen sooner or later since Vince is trying his best to kill ECW for good

NWA wrestling at Thomas Stone high school was kick ass, even though I was young I loved that stuff. I remember seeing Flair and Sting, AA, Tommy Rich, Kevin Sullivan, Road Warriors, Lex Luger, the Steiners, this is probably late 80's for you older guys but that **** was great. My buddies and I would all go see those shows for like 10 bucks a piece. Now I get to go see TNA for free, only gone once but it's a good time and again, it's free.

I go back further than this. Back to the late 70's, early 80's and the Andersons, Tully Blanchard, the great Ric Flair (not the old has-been jobber Ric Flair of today), Ricky Stemboat and my favorite of that era, Chief Wahoo McDaniel.

Wahoo was a popular player with the Jets back in the 60's. Joe Namath wrote about him in his autobiography. He was an even better wrestler who didn't get much of a title shot.

I go back further than this. Back to the late 70's, early 80's and the Andersons, Tully Blanchard, the great Ric Flair (not the old has-been jobber Ric Flair of today), Ricky Stemboat and my favorite of that era, Chief Wahoo McDaniel.

Wahoo was a popular player with the Jets back in the 60's. Joe Namath wrote about him in his autobiography. He was an even better wrestler who didn't get much of a title shot.

Yep, 80-81 was about the time I started watching also. Gene Anderson was a manager and when he reunited with Ole to go against the Masked Superstar (my favorite before Blanchard showed up) and Paul Jones, I thought that old guy would get killed.

Of course, my jaw was on the floor next week when the Andersons came out with the belts.

Along the same lines it seemed like Piper held the US belt forever as well. Week after week I'd tune in hoping for a new champ. Once it was announced that he would be defending against Andre the Giant and I figured that had to be it...until Piper showed up the next week with the belt and a t-shirt that said "Giant Killer" on it.

Had to be the best era of pro wrestling for me :notworthy

Guest sith lord
Yep, 80-81 was about the time I started watching also. Gene Anderson was a manager and when he reunited with Ole to go against the Masked Superstar (my favorite before Blanchard showed up) and Paul Jones, I thought that old guy would get killed.

Of course, my jaw was on the floor next week when the Andersons came out with the belts.

Along the same lines it seemed like Piper held the US belt forever as well. Week after week I'd tune in hoping for a new champ. Once it was announced that he would be defending against Andre the Giant and I figured that had to be it...until Piper showed up the next week with the belt and a t-shirt that said "Giant Killer" on it.

Had to be the best era of pro wrestling for me :notworthy

The 80's was the best era in the history of pro wrestling. I'm sure the younger fans would say that the "Attitude and Monday Night Wars" era was the best. Don't get me wrong, that was a good era, but the 80's were better. Back then we had the NWA, WWF, World Class, UWF and AWA. Today we have the WWE and the fledgling TNA. But I believe TNA is about to really take off.

I also remember about 7 or 8 different wrestling shows on Saturday alone. Yeah, most of the matches were squash matches, but it just made you want to see the big dogs go at it all the more. In other words, if you wanted to see Flair/Rhodes, you had to pay for it and you wouldn't be disappointed. Back then, you wasn't gonna get a 15 minute World Title Match. It was gonna be 30-60 minutes "minimum."

The 80's, BEST-DECADE-EVER!!!

Back in the hey day even the squash matches weren't that bad because the jobbers were alway's on TV and devolped a cult like folowing. everybody knew The Brooklyn Brawler, SD jones, Pistol Pez Whatley and there are a bunch more i can't remember. The cool thing about the regional shows I got was there weren't to many squash matches you'd get maybe 1 and then 2 mid cards and a main event, a lot of times you'd get the highlights from a PPV title match.

I can't recall exactly but wasn't the AWA Supercalsh the 1st ever PPV or was it Wrestlemania 2?

Guest sith lord
Back in the hey day even the squash matches weren't that bad because the jobbers were alway's on TV and devolped a cult like folowing. everybody knew The Brooklyn Brawler, SD jones, Pistol Pez Whatley and there are a bunch more i can't remember. The cool thing about the regional shows I got was there weren't to many squash matches you'd get maybe 1 and then 2 mid cards and a main event, a lot of times you'd get the highlights from a PPV title match.

I can't recall exactly but wasn't the AWA Supercalsh the 1st ever PPV or was it Wrestlemania 2?

I believe Wrestlemania 2 was the first ever wrestling PPV.

Speaking of killing off ECW, anyone else notice that ECW used the friggin Smackdown set tonight? :doh:

Smackdown and ECW are on the same nights usually..They film Smackdown at 7:30-9:30 and have ECW live 10:00 through 11:00..They cant exactly take down that big set in 30 minutes can they?

Smackdown and ECW are on the same nights usually..They film Smackdown at 7:30-9:30 and have ECW live 10:00 through 11:00..They cant exactly take down that big set in 30 minutes can they?

They have been doing the double taping's for a year, I wonder what happened?

They have been doing the double taping's for a year, I wonder what happened?

what they do is throw a curtain over smackdown set

what is possible is that smackdown taping went over and they had to come up with a game plan and thats the best they had to do

Anyone here watch ROH? I got into it last December and have been hooked ever since.

How do you watch, I've only seen clips on their website on the internet. Should be intereting with them aligning with the NWA after TNA parted way's with the NWA and stopped letting it's guy's work for ROH. I will order the ROH PPV since it will have a title tourny similar to the one at WM4, and i hope to see Jack Evans since his WSX contract is void now.

With Sabu getting fired and RVD most likely leaving i could see those 2 plus Sabin, Dutt, Black Machismo, Senshi, and Alex shelley making the X-Division as good as it was a year ago. I could also see TNA signing many of the ECW castoffs and starting a Hardcore Belt when they go to 2 hours.

All TNA is lacking is a consistent talent infusion, when they elevated Styles and Daniels to the tag belts and then used that to push them to the singles ranks it left the X-Division weak, it only saved face because of Nash's comical skits and it shouldn't be like that because the fan's really do want to see high flyers and the spots and even though i read Dutch Mantel (TNA writer old skool wrestler) grilled Shelley for using chain wrestling the fan'swant to see it. I'm tired of HGH'd up freaks who can't do anything in the ring and they get hurt every 6 months because there muscle ligaments can't support the muscle mass they've created.

RVD has been released

This is from wrestlezone

Rob Van Dam's match with Snitsky on Tuesday could have very well been his last ever match in WWE. Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch is reporting that RVD is officially done with World Wrestling Entertainment as of last Wednesday. WWE felt that keeping RVD around and burying him on TV was not worth it and it was better to get him off TV as soon as possible.

His contract wasn't going to expire until late June at the earliest but WWE officials cut that short because RVD said he would not re-sign with them and they had nothing for him until then. Despite the early release, RVD has a no-compete clause, and thus he can't show up in TNA next week for instance.

He is expected to sign with TNA after a long deserved summer break. It and when he joins TNA, it will probably be in September at the earliest. TNA is trying to land a two hour slot for the fall season on Spike, so if they end up getting it, they'll probably hold him off for the two hour's slot.

I ahem... "acquire" ROH shows through others on the internet. ROH totally outclasses WWE and TNA. The ring work is so much better - ROH matches are like the Redskins and WWE matches are like the Cowboys :). The whole NWA situation is pretty interesting. From what I've seen, the next NWA Champion will probably be Danielson, hopefully leading to a gigantic PPV clash between Danielson and the current ROH champion Takeshi Morishima. If you wanna see some ROH, I can let ya know of where it's available.

RVD to TNA could be huge. I just hope they don't screw it up like they have Angle. My only concern is if WWE has trademarked his name. I know he used it in Japan before he was in ECW so hopefully he'll be able to keep it just like Christian.

I ahem... "acquire" ROH shows through others on the internet. ROH totally outclasses WWE and TNA. The ring work is so much better - ROH matches are like the Redskins and WWE matches are like the Cowboys :). The whole NWA situation is pretty interesting. From what I've seen, the next NWA Champion will probably be Danielson, hopefully leading to a gigantic PPV clash between Danielson and the current ROH champion Takeshi Morishima. If you wanna see some ROH, I can let ya know of where it's available.

RVD to TNA could be huge. I just hope they don't screw it up like they have Angle. My only concern is if WWE has trademarked his name. I know he used it in Japan before he was in ECW so hopefully he'll be able to keep it just like Christian.

I'm going to get the PPV next month and give it a go, I'm sur as anti WWE as I am I'll enjoy it, just a shame that they couldn't have formed a partnership with TNA, but I guess TNA felt they were bigger and that's why they stopped letting the guy's work ROH shows. Just by looking through the history on the ROH website they definitley can develop talent everyone in TNA who isn't a star of the 90's came from ROH.

Anyone here watch ROH? I got into it last December and have been hooked ever since.

Yeah, i've been following ROH ever since the first show a few years back. Someone got me the tape as a birthday present and I've been watching ever since. At first I have to admit that I was a little turned off by the fact that they were performing in a highschool Gym...that all went away after the first match. ROH always manages to put on a good show. I'm excited about this PPV deal of theirs and I can't wait til they start doing live PPVs.

I'm going to get the PPV next month and give it a go, I'm sur as anti WWE as I am I'll enjoy it, just a shame that they couldn't have formed a partnership with TNA, but I guess TNA felt they were bigger and that's why they stopped letting the guy's work ROH shows. Just by looking through the history on the ROH website they definitley can develop talent everyone in TNA who isn't a star of the 90's came from ROH.

Very true, I was anticipating a match between Bryan Danielson and Kurt Angle but it appears that we may have to wait a little while longer.

Matches...

Note

-HBK will undergo surgery and be out for a very long time (so no DX reunion in August, yay!). Whether the injury angle goes down tonight or tomorrow is unknown, but HBK will be limited in this match. I predict an HBK win with Orton "injuring" him after the match.

Judgment day results.

Ric Flair beat Carlito

Lashley won, and he was given the title, but then Vince took it from him because he said he had to pin Vince to win the title..So Lashley won the match, but not the title.

CM Punk beat Elijah Burk

Randy Orton beat HBK..HBK was attacked by Orton earlier when they were talking to HBK, the DR said that HBK would not be cleared to fight, so Orton came out and they were about to give him the win by forefit but HBK came out, but after about 5 minutes the ref called the mact off because HBK had a concussion, and couldn't stand up..Orton then did the RKO to HBK, and they had to take HBK out on a stretcher..Shawn will probably be out for a while, im guessing they're going to say he has a severe concussion, but he really re-injured his knee.

Hardys beat Cade and Murdoch

Edge beat Batista

MVP beat Chris Benoit and won the Untied States title

John Cena beat Khali with the STFU

It was a decent PPV