Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Guest sith lord
I grew up in PG County so all I had was NWA in Baltimore or the high school and WWF at the Cap Center, I chose the NWA which is why to this day I am for anything not owned by Vinnie Mac. I had those other promotions on channel 50 they would air 1 episode of each promotion 1 night a week so i got hooked on the UWF with Gilbert and the Freebirds, Big Bubba "no trouba" Rogers and World Class with the Von Erichs. I was alway's very partial to those promotions because of the relationships they shared with the NWA and AWA.

Skinsfan92 did you get to see the best of 7 cage match between Nikita and Magnum at the Scope during the Bash?

Now you're talking my language. 80's NWA was the best pro wrestling I ever seen. It was hardcore long before hardcore became kool and unlike ECW's hardcore legends, the NWA hardcore guys could actually wrestle and put on 5 star matches. My personal favorite was Tully Blanchard.

NWA wrestling at Thomas Stone high school was kick ass, even though I was young I loved that stuff. I remember seeing Flair and Sting, AA, Tommy Rich, Kevin Sullivan, Road Warriors, Lex Luger, the Steiners, this is probably late 80's for you older guys but that **** was great. My buddies and I would all go see those shows for like 10 bucks a piece. Now I get to go see TNA for free, only gone once but it's a good time and again, it's free.

Now you're talking my language. 80's NWA was the best pro wrestling I ever seen. It was hardcore long before hardcore became kool and unlike ECW's hardcore legends, the NWA hardcore guys could actually wrestle and put on 5 star matches. My personal favorite was Tully Blanchard.

Now you're talking mine too, it kills me when these youngins talk about ECW this and that, the old skool NWA was alway's hardcore. Remeber when the Road warriors gouged Dusty with the spike? Harley Race, Flair and Dusty had the bloodiest cage matches ever. Hell even the gimmicky teams like the RnR Express put on a good show and could tell a story in the ring. Also along the line of gimmicks my personal favorite NWA gimmick's ever are The Midnight Rider and when Magnum would put on a mask to team up with him, it was great everyone knew it was Dusty but evertime the Horseman got the mask off it wasn't.

NWA wrestling at Thomas Stone high school was kick ass, even though I was young I loved that stuff. I remember seeing Flair and Sting, AA, Tommy Rich, Kevin Sullivan, Road Warriors, Lex Luger, the Steiners, this is probably late 80's for you older guys but that **** was great. My buddies and I would all go see those shows for like 10 bucks a piece. Now I get to go see TNA for free, only gone once but it's a good time and again, it's free.

I used to go to those shows to, front row for 15 bucks, used to get my tickets at Doug's Hobby Shop where I raced RC car's so they would get me hooked up so I could meet the guy's after the matches, it was then for the first time that I 100% realized wrestling had predetermined outcomes when I saw Flair and Sting BSin around with one another after Flair had cracked him with a chair 30 minutes earlier.

We had the AWA 1 time at Gwynn Park High to, that was awesome seeing Stan"the Lariet"Hansen, the Fabulous One's, the Freebirds, Road Warriors and Baron Von Rashke since those were the action figures you could buy back then because the WWF one's didn't move and were rubber, the AWA's came with belts and accesories like the Fabulous One's suspenders and bow ties or the Roadies studded collars and they moved so they wre much cooler, DAMN I wish I still had those!

Did anyone watch the Undertake/ Batista match on Smackdown? It was a bad match, Undertaker was hurt and you could tell..Batista had to jump up for the Undertaker to pick him up for slams, and a chokeslam..And when the Undertaker jumped off the ring he was holding his injured arm.

Guest sith lord

For those who didn't see TNA's Sacrifice, it was probably the best PPV in recent memory and one of the best PPV's I ever saw. The Harris/Storm match was off the chain.

For those who didn't see TNA's Sacrifice, it was probably the best PPV in recent memory and one of the best PPV's I ever saw. The Harris/Storm match was off the chain.

For some reason, TNA always gets a 4 star out of Sacrifice every year. How did Black Machismo fair in his match? OOOO...black tiger was there too. I may have to pick up the encore.

EDIT:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785

Funny how in 6 years not much has changed.

That is one of the greatest sigs I've ever seen. :laugh:

Now you're talking mine too, it kills me when these youngins talk about ECW this and that, the old skool NWA was alway's hardcore. Remeber when the Road warriors gouged Dusty with the spike? Harley Race, Flair and Dusty had the bloodiest cage matches ever. Hell even the gimmicky teams like the RnR Express put on a good show and could tell a story in the ring. Also along the line of gimmicks my personal favorite NWA gimmick's ever are The Midnight Rider and when Magnum would put on a mask to team up with him, it was great everyone knew it was Dusty but evertime the Horseman got the mask off it wasn't.

Technically, ECW started as part of the NWA and could probably claim lineage to their title if it wouldn't piss off all you old codgers too much ;) .

Seriously though, I loved ECW, and I loved the old NWA.

Technically, ECW started as part of the NWA and could probably claim lineage to their title if it wouldn't piss off all you old codgers too much ;) .

Seriously though, I loved ECW, and I loved the old NWA.

When it was "Eastern Championship Wrestling" and it was owned by someone other than Heyman yes, when it became "Extreme Championship Wrestling" and was a glorified stunt show and it was owned and operated by Heyman it had 0 connection to the NWA.

There's no chance anyone would associate the belt held by Harley Race with the one Rhino held when ECW went belly up. Eastern Championship Wrestling was a satalite feeder to the NWA like UWF, Mid Atlantic and WCCW were in the 80's, they had their own promotion, own regional champions and the big stars of the regional promotions would "get called up to the big leagues" on occasion like Kerry Von Erich when he beat Flair for the NWA title in the mid 80's or in the case of Sting getting a shot at Flair at the Clash of the Champions and then moving to the NWA roster permanently right before the UWF folded.

When it was "Eastern Championship Wrestling" and it was owned by someone other than Heyman yes, when it became "Extreme Championship Wrestling" and was a glorified stunt show and it was owned and operated by Heyman it had 0 connection to the NWA.

There's no chance anyone would associate the belt held by Harley Race with the one Rhino held when ECW went belly up. Eastern Championship Wrestling was a satalite feeder to the NWA like UWF, Mid Atlantic and WCCW were in the 80's, they had their own promotion, own regional champions and the big stars of the regional promotions would "get called up to the big leagues" on occasion like Kerry Von Erich when he beat Flair for the NWA title in the mid 80's or in the case of Sting getting a shot at Flair at the Clash of the Champions and then moving to the NWA roster permanently right before the UWF folded.

Yes... BUT, Shane Douglas won the NWA title, then threw it down and proclaimed the Eastern Championship Wrestling title the Extreme Championship Wrestling title. So since Shane was the champion, and he proclaimed the new belt the ECW belt, and with the already jumbled history of pro wrestling with the WCW/NWA title, and every other promotion under the sun claiming they have some sort of lineage to the NWA belt, I think ECW has as much right as anybody else to claim lineage, but they haven't and they won't. I was just saying.

Of course none of this changes the fact that regardless of the violence in ECW, they had the best wrestling in the US from 94-97 or 98. Well, I guess it's not fact, some people just can't look past the Thai Pei death match and admit that ECW had some great wrestlers.

I really don't think it was. The AMW match was good, but the ending to the main event was annoying, Joe and Styles didn't get enough time and the whole VKM nonsense was just that. I find it hard to believe that Sacrifice was better than WM.

I really don't think it was. The AMW match was good, but the ending to the main event was annoying, Joe and Styles didn't get enough time and the whole VKM nonsense was just that. I find it hard to believe that Sacrifice was better than WM.

It depends on what your looking for, to me Wrestlemania was pretty bad, Sith is an old skool fan, I am one also so I feel Sacrifice was the best PPV of '07 also. you are right I thought the ending was a very poor decision made by the writers, they did it to make Angle look "superhuman" but I don't really like finishes and gimmicks like that. I thought the Roode/Jarret match was the best match JJ has wrestled in years and I'm a sucker but i love me some "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. It's was just different from a WWE PPV and much better than the last 4 or 5 TNA PPV's. The WWE is getting to the point where every fued and storyline is rehashed and there isn't anything fresh because all of the talent is almost the same as 5 years ago.

TNA does however need to get the X division fired back up and infuse some of the talent that WSX had especially Jack Evans before ROH signs him to an exclusive deal since they will be having PPV's of their own soon.

It depends on what your looking for, to me Wrestlemania was pretty bad, Sith is an old skool fan, I am one also so I feel Sacrifice was the best PPV of '07 also. you are right I thought the ending was a very poor decision made by the writers, they did it to make Angle look "superhuman" but I don't really like finishes and gimmicks like that. I thought the Roode/Jarret match was the best match JJ has wrestled in years and I'm a sucker but i love me some "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. It's was just different from a WWE PPV and much better than the last 4 or 5 TNA PPV's. The WWE is getting to the point where every fued and storyline is rehashed and there isn't anything fresh because all of the talent is almost the same as 5 years ago.

TNA does however need to get the X division fired back up and infuse some of the talent that WSX had especially Jack Evans before ROH signs him to an exclusive deal since they will be having PPV's of their own soon.

I just had such high expectations for Sacrifice and TNA in general. Even with all the title matches being 3 ways, I thought Lethal would finally get the X belt (and everyone should love Black Machismo because it's awesome) and then we could eventually get MCMG/LAX and I was really disappointed that Daniels didn't interfere in the main event. And I just haven't been a fan of Angle's work in TNA save for his Joe matches. And I was really mad that Tomko and Steiner broke up. CATS was the best of Impact and they just threw it away so Rick and Scott could get back together.

And yeah I wasn't trying to imply that Mania was awesome. I only really liked Money in the Bank, Bats/Taker and MVP/Benoit. Also it helps that I am in love with MVP.

Guest sith lord
Yes... BUT, Shane Douglas won the NWA title, then threw it down and proclaimed the Eastern Championship Wrestling title the Extreme Championship Wrestling title. So since Shane was the champion, and he proclaimed the new belt the ECW belt, and with the already jumbled history of pro wrestling with the WCW/NWA title, and every other promotion under the sun claiming they have some sort of lineage to the NWA belt, I think ECW has as much right as anybody else to claim lineage, but they haven't and they won't. I was just saying.

Of course none of this changes the fact that regardless of the violence in ECW, they had the best wrestling in the US from 94-97 or 98. Well, I guess it's not fact, some people just can't look past the Thai Pei death match and admit that ECW had some great wrestlers.

Canethang is absolutely right. Once Eastern Championship Wrestling became Extreme Championship Wrestling, the ECW title lost all lineage to the NWA title. Case in point the lie Tony Schiavone used to tell every Monday Night. He would regularly say that the WCW World Title lineage goes back 50 years, which it didn't. When WCW broke away from the NWA in the early 90's, the WCW Title lost that lineage. The only title that can lay claim to having lineage of 50 (or 100) years, depends on who you ask, and is the same title held by Thez, Race, Flair and Rhodes, is the title that will be stripped from Kurt Angle this Thursday Night.

The only title that can lay claim to having lineage of 50 (or 100) years, depends on who you ask, and is the same title held by Thez, Race, Flair and Rhodes, is the title that will be stripped from Kurt Angle this Thursday Night.

And Bryan Danielson's next in line to take it.

EDIT: and the rest of what you said was QFT!

The new one looks way better in design. That old one is really cheesy looking for a promotion that's trying to be top tier.

The spoilers are out since that's where you got the pics from, I can't they held the belt up but i guess that was the best way to set up the King of the Mountain match, i wonder with JJ face turn if he'll end up in the match so far you got Angle and Joe, with Sting and Rhino eliminated.

I found it pretty cool also that the TNA writers used 3D's assertion that they were the greatest ever and them bringing out all the belts to set up a Steiner brother reunion since both look to be in the best shape they've been since they were in WCW evidenced by Scott doing the Frankensteiner for the 1st time in probably 10 years.

I was hoping for a fued between Sabin and Black Machismo but now it looks like it will be Dutt fueding with Lethal instead, they should have Nash turn on Lethal and then have the Mach man come back and fight longside Black Machismo. Again don't know who came up with that, I've heard when Nash isn't politicing for himself he's a very creative writer/idea guy but that gimmick is great.

Yeah it always reminded me of that Jamie Kennedy show. I like that the new X belt is bigger than the World title (or at least looks like it does).

I read the spoilers and so far Slammiversary looks pretty stacked. I'm never really a fan of a vacant belt, but it was the easiest way to incorporate the NWA/TNA split I guess. I demand that Christian is in KOTM. I'm not quite sure who else should be in it though. Maybe AJ, Tomko, or Abyss if he comes back in time. I kinda want Jarrett to have a squash match just so he can cheered by the Nashville crowd since he's been a heel I think since day 1 in TNA. I also want them to use KOTM to elevate someone - maybe one of the AMW boys or something.

I'm really getting excited about a Sting/Daniels match. They just barely mention the two of them together but they make sure you hear them. My favorite part of that 3 way promo on Impact a week ago I think was when Daniels kept pestering Sting.

I personally wanted Lethal/Dutt for the title and then MCMG into the tag division to bolster it again. I guess they'll be there even with Sabin have the X title and have the Steiners/3D or something. The Frankensteiner was awesome. I never expected it and the crowd totally popped for it.

Yeah I've heard that Nash can be hilarious backstage (like in every Paparazzi skit) and I'm really liking his role right now as long as he stays away from the ring - unless it's a comedy match. I mean, look at how much he has done for the X Division since that first Shelley interview. Sabin, Shelley, Lethal, Dutt, Senshi and Aries all got a lot more character development and they can all go in the ring and I really think the division could get back up to where it was in the Joe/Daniels/Styles heyday.