Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Recently started the first season of Lucha Underground. Definitely a different look & feel then what you're used to. Finished the second show where Chavo Guerrero Jr runs out to save Blue Demon only to turn heel & annihilate any & everyone that tries to break it up. Even nails the chic he was just in a mixed tag with & lays her ass OUT. Paramedics are trying to get BD out of the ring on a back board & Chavo goes after him again. Definitely worth seeing Chavo with the mean streak. 

For the Rumble, KO Ambrose was ****ing awesome. Best part was the I HATE YOU exchange. Owens is the man. He's the only guy I've seen that can have multiple feuds going at once. When he debuted, he had the Cena feud on Raw & the SZ/Baylor feud on NXT. Now, he's got AJ Styles, continuation of the SZ feud, & possibly still going at it with Ambrose. 

Saw the Hunter win coming miles away because Hunter's character isn't going to get beat down & sent to the hospital by Roman & just let it go. Triple H is still a name that draws money & right now the object is to but asses in seats at AT&T Stadium. This also sets up something for The Rock to do at WM since we already have had him announced being there. 

AJ Styles was over huge last night with the crowd. I expect him to be over tonight again as well. The test will be how the crowd reacts to him outside of Florida since he made his TNA name in Florida at Universal Studios. That said, his WWE tshirt has already sold out. 

Still watching Lucha while typing this & Chavo just ran in post match & front kicked a midget (dressed like the white power ranger) in the face. 

Also, I really want to see this. :)

I think people should be careful going by the reaction of that crowd. That was clearly a smarky crowd. The NXT watching, indy following, dirt sheet reading types. I'll be interested to see if the regular family crowds think AJ Styles is a big deal.

On a side note, it drives me crazy when WWE wastes time not being interested in a guy and then lets good years go by before they decide they're worth it. Styles shoulda been in WWE 5 years ago.

This main event was boring. Had no energy, crowd had no reaction to anything. With the stipulation that the winner would get a contender match it was obvious the LON wouldn't win so the drama is sucked out.

Nobody even reacted when Stephanie made the announcement it would be a triple threat match with Brock.

Also, this has bothered me for a bit. Dean Ambrose wrestles like if one of us was out there running around trying to throw moves in our backyard. He is so sloppy. Takes me out of the match. Doesn't look the part at all much like wrestle like it

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

This main event was boring. Had no energy, crowd had no reaction to anything. With the stipulation that the winner would get a contender match it was obvious the LON wouldn't win so the drama is sucked out.

Nobody even reacted when Stephanie made the announcement it would be a triple threat match with Brock.

Also, this has bothered me for a bit. Dean Ambrose wrestles like if one of us was out there running around trying to throw moves in our backyard. He is so sloppy. Takes me out of the match. Doesn't look the part at all much like wrestle like it

I have a hard time seeing Ambrose as champ for those reasons. And frankly, his mic work hasn't been as good as I know he can be. He just never says anything all that compelling. But that could be the writers.

And he really looks one step removed from looking like Luke Harper.

This roster sucks ass. Seamus sucks. They just up and decided to make him a main eventer. There is nothing about the way he talks, looks, or wrestles that that makes him any better than say…. R-Truth. Ditto Orton. In fact, he may even be worse. I hate listening to him talk. I think when I was a kid, there were probably 10 guys on the roster that would have been better than anybody they have now.

Here. Here is the roster from January of 1989:

Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana, Gregg "The Hammer" Valentine, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, "The Brooklyn Brawler" Steve Lombardi, King Haku, Hillbilly Jim, Brett "Hitman" Hart, Jim "The Andvil" Neidhart, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, "Leaping" Lanny Poffo, Hercules Hernandez, Jauques Rougeau, Raymond Rougeau, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, The Honkytonk Man, Paul Roma, Jim Powers, Ax,  "The Birdman" Koko B. Ware, Dino Bravo, Rick Martell, "Outlaw" Ron Bass, "Dangerous" Danny Davis, Smash, "The African Dream" Akeem, The Ultimate Warrior, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "Sensational" Sherri Martell, Barry Horowitz, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, Virgil, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggin, "Cowboy" Scott Casey, Sam Houston, Bad-News Brown, Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannette, The Big Boss Man, The Warlord, The Barbarian, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, Terry Taylor, "The Blue Blazer" Owen Hart, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Rock'in Robin, "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin, Luke Williams, Butch Miller, Tim Horner, Big John Stud

****. Ted Dibiase and Rick Rude would have been 17 time world champions in today's WWE. Of course, it was a lot easier to look good when you could take steroids and a hell of a lot easier to cut a killer promo after snorting a line of cocaine.

The people have spoken WWE, and our answer is a resounding yes to the steroids and a resounding yes to the cocaine. Make it happen.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Here. Here is the roster from January of 1989:

Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana, Gregg "The Hammer" Valentine, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, "The Brooklyn Brawler" Steve Lombardi, King Haku, Hillbilly Jim, Brett "Hitman" Hart, Jim "The Andvil" Neidhart, Randy "Macho Man" Savage, "Leaping" Lanny Poffo, Hercules Hernandez, Jauques Rougeau, Raymond Rougeau, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, The Honkytonk Man, Paul Roma, Jim Powers, Ax, "The Birdman" Koko B. Ware, Dino Bravo, Rick Martell, "Outlaw" Ron Bass, "Dangerous" Danny Davis, Smash, "The African Dream" Akeem, The Ultimate Warrior, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "Sensational" Sherri Martell, Barry Horowitz, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, Virgil, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggin, "Cowboy" Scott Casey, Sam Houston, Bad-News Brown, Shawn Michaels, Marty Jannette, The Big Boss Man, The Warlord, The Barbarian, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, Terry Taylor, "The Blue Blazer" Owen Hart, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Rock'in Robin, "Rugged" Ronnie Garvin, Luke Williams, Butch Miller, Tim Horner, Big John Stud

But you have to go back and think what were these guys in 1989. For instance, Shawn Michaels was just the blond dude in the Rockers then. Bret Hart wasnt a singles wrestler yet either.

I'm not talking about their status on the card. I'm talking about the quality of their wrestling, mic skills, and look. Even back then they were still better than almost all of the guys they have now.

Eh..maybe. There was little to no high impact moves back then. I mean an elbow of the top rope or a running leg drop was a finishing move. Now? Wrestlers do 10 moves a match that most of the wrestlers back then could never have done. 

To me, there is no doubt that 99% of the wrestlers today are better athletes and better technicians. But I do agree that minus the steroids, sexual abuse, and cocaine - the personalities are majorly diminished.

I'm not talking about their status on the card. I'm talking about the quality of their wrestling, mic skills, and look. Even back then they were still better than almost all of the guys they have now.

Michaels and Bret didn't have mic skills back then. lol Michaels barely spoke, and Jimmy Hart was the mouthpiece for the Hart Foundation. They were good tag team wrestlers. Nobody was predicting superstardom for either one of those two at that time based on your criteria. They were unfinished products and developed and grew into themselves.

Michaels was 23 and Bret was 31 in 1989. There are talented people on the roster and in NXT in that early 20-early 30s demo. My point is, there are plenty of guys that are at the same place now in their skills and evolution as those guys were then. They just need the benefit of patience and competent creative and booking that those older guys got. Today's wrestlers in WWE are out there with one arm tied behind their back, on a number of levels. It's a different world now for pro wrestling in WWE.

Edited by justice98

Personally, I think developmental does guys a disservice when it comes to finding their voice and honing their skills. You used to have a live mic and learned trial by fire in the ring front of a crowd. It was more organic. Now, they're creating automatons that only learned to do it one way and with their hand being held.

Perfect example in today's WWE is the guys of The Shield. Reigns is solely a product of the WWE developmental system, while Ambrose and Rollins cut their teeth on the Indys first.

Edited by justice98