Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: 'Paranoid Redskin fans"

Langford78

I actually kind of like that little snippet....looks like a great analysis to me, and hes right about the paranoid skins fans...just look at some of the responses in this thread. "The world against us"?? Come on...I can understand the bad calls, the Len fat-azz articles, etc....but not this.

I actually kind of like that little snippet....

I agree. Since some no-name peon at SI realizes the "army" we have, we have obviously gotten the attention of SI. Since 99.99 percent of Redskins fans think SI is a sorry publication with biased "journalists," I can understand why he thinks we're paranoid. (For the record, SI is sorry and has biased "journalists" - I stopped reading SI when I was about 17 for this very reason).

Hail,

H

I don't actually have a problem with that -- we do suffer from persecution anxiety a little bit, but we've earned it with the likes of Loadarelli, King & Company taking potshots at us for things they would praise the Giants or Eagles for. If it weren't so painfully obvious that certain members of the sports media (especially the internet sports media: the lowest of the low) have a woody for dissing the Redskins and Snyder, we probably wouldn't be so disgusted by it. If there were some subterfuge, some balance ... but these assclowns aren't talented or subtle enough for that, so they parade their dislike of the organization around as if it's totally legitimate for a sports "journalist" to be so openly hostile to a team and its fans. Of course, these pigs aren't actually journalists at all & we should all remember that; they are, like us, the great unwashed, with opinions no less or more informed than any of us. They just get paid for it -- by some miraculous mystery.

Honestly because a lot of fans spend their day e-mailing Pastabelly, Petey Queen, Sally(NY) Jenkins, and the rest of the Redskin haters instead of just not buying their work. I've posted numerous times that if the journalistic style of a mag. or newspaper is obviously anti-Redskin then don't buy the product. In the buisness of mass media, silence and lower sales are heard rather then angry e-mails accompanied by your monthly subscription.

I've cancelled ESPN, SI, and the Wash. Post and when they eventually call and ask for my buisness again, I tell them not why the company employee's and allows certain writers to script blatant attacks, or obviously biased article's on the Redskins.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Did it ever occur to you that our compulsion to post and debate such irrelevant things out of feelings of persecution is as much of a self-fulfilling prophesy as one of these dorks needling Redskins fans in their columns in order to generate a response?

I see a rather disgusting co-dependency at work here that undoubtedly works in the favor of these writers, who seem to think that any controversy over their work is a good thing. How many clicks on that link do you think that this post generated?

Wow, took the words right out of my mouth, well said Red. :cheers:

This writer is still an idiot. According to him, the Cowboys are:

Loaded with weapons? Are you kidding??? Who the hell is gonna protect Drew Bledsoe? That o-line is mediocre at best and is very uninspiring. it's not as if they even excel at run-blocking but struggle at pass protection like how the Ravens o-line used to be... mediocre o-line, borderline crappola. If they can't even runblock for one of Dallas "loaded" running backs (who are actually also both mediocre) and they're not adept at pass-protection, what's the point of TO? I never knew that Julius Injury Jones and Maron Barber constituted being loaded weapons on offense. LOL.

Bledsoe will be hammered and harrassed into making those beautiful interceptions of his...

I agree, their O Line is going to leak like a siv this year. I couldn't believe how he thought Dallas is "loaded with weapons", while ARE, Lloyd, Carter, Saunders, etc. apparently don't qualify as weapons. And they're just our new weapons.

THATS THE TRUTH "RUTH"....

DREW cannot handle GW's defense; Just think what a top 3 offense(KC) every year , had OUR DEFENSE then how much of a powerhouse would the Chiefs have been, I ask you the ONE pertinent question......

"GOT JOE?"

Guest santana4prez
This has already been posted elsewhere, but I agree that it show a complete lack of objectivity to make statements like that. I think we should organize a boycott of SI. Maybe even a ritual burning of their magazines. :helmet:

red75hil.jpg I have been paranoid about SI since 1975 and I was born in 1987.:laugh:

I don't actually have a problem with that -- we do suffer from persecution anxiety a little bit, but we've earned it with the likes of Loadarelli, King & Company taking potshots at us for things they would praise the Giants or Eagles for. If it weren't so painfully obvious that certain members of the sports media (especially the internet sports media: the lowest of the low) have a woody for dissing the Redskins and Snyder, we probably wouldn't be so disgusted by it. If there were some subterfuge, some balance ... but these assclowns aren't talented or subtle enough for that, so they parade their dislike of the organization around as if it's totally legitimate for a sports "journalist" to be so openly hostile to a team and its fans. Of course, these pigs aren't actually journalists at all & we should all remember that; they are, like us, the great unwashed, with opinions no less or more informed than any of us. They just get paid for it -- by some miraculous mystery.

This post should be emailed to every sports "journalist" who live by the mantra that Redskins fans are overly sensitive and paranoid for no freakin' reason whatsoever... :applause:

Archived