Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: 'Paranoid Redskin fans"

Langford78

Guys, guys, RELAX!!! I just posted up to let him know what we think.

ENJOY:cheers: :dallasuck

My comment post reads:

It's obvious this writer has an IQ of less than a donut hole. Let's state the facts. The Skins handled the East very well last season. Joe Gibbs is the best coach in the division. There are no apparent holes in the Skins O or D. This writer claims he makes the big buck, he must referring to money as small as his opinion. So he must live in the Smurf Village.

Guest santana4prez
Skins fans paranoid? Naaaaahhhhh.. couldn't be. :(

Its not paranoid when we are right. A couple media guys are bias against the Skins because they hate the way we get our players and make them look like idiots when we are never in cap hell. Overall besides these couple the nedia really isnt biased at all.

A couple Cowboy fans I remember on this board are paranoid and a couple I use to work with. Saying Snyder was cheating to always find a way under the cap. Saying there was no way the Skins could of stayed out of cap hell every year. All fans are a little paranoid about something. How about the fans who thought the NFL rigged it so the Pats could win the Super Bowl after 9/11. It made sense because of Brady not really being talented but more of a system QB with smarts but was it true no. All fans are paranoid sometimes and all fans get pissed off at the media.

If anyone hasn't figured it out yet, it's ONLY because of us "paranoid" Skins fans that this doofus' latest article on the Redskins is close to biased and fact-based. His last article called the signing of BOTH Randle El and Brandon Lloyd busts and said Brnell only had Moss to throw to last year and having them on the team would be "more of the same". He of course backed up this ultra-logical and unbiased viewpoint with the idea that ARE and Lloyd would "only" put up 800 more yards and 45 more catches than their counterparts on last season's team did combined. Redskins fans promptly let the idiot know that he inadvertently proved that the Skins improved themselves greatly by adding these two "bust" receivers...

He now picks those "more of the same" Redskins to go 11-5 and is saying they were the best team in the division by the end of last seaason.

Yet adding even better receivers is a bust because it would be "more of the same"...

More of the same of a team that ended last season as the best one in the division...more of the same of that? Um, was his last article a compliment (more of the same thing that made the Skins the best team in the NFC East)?...Was saying that adding Randle El and Lloyd was "more of the same" his way of saying that those two additions will keep the Skins as the best team in the division?...

He makes no sense whatsoever...and that's because his original analysis was based more on his bias against the Skins than it was based on anything even remotely intellectual or logical. He most likely had NO idea that the rest of the Skins' receivers last season were THAT nonexistent...or that the numbers he attributed to Randle El and Lloyd would have made them a top five #2 and #3 receiving combo in the league. He most likely just glossed right over how having Al Saunders in charge of the offense would improve the #11 offense...and probably just forgot that Clinton Portis has around 6,000 yards in a measely four years of NFL experience.

But Redskins fans reminded him of all those things he--and others like him--tend to just completely blank out when discussing the Redskins' moves and chances.

That's because he is most likely biased. And that's because we Skins fans are most likely right.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

What was it about Seven years of sucking, yes were paraniod the cash cow has faulterd before and just because we had a good season does mean anything. When i was watching the regular season tampa everybody started walking arround the bar yelling 6 and o 6and o. I couldn't help it i had to yell out shutup the game isn't over. in 2004 season thought we were going to beat the cowboys since darrels last game(which i was at), Last two minutes of the game we cover johnson and glen(or clayton) goes touchdown we lost. Who said that..whos there...oh new season of love glory and stress

As Redskins fans we should feel proud that we were acknowledged in the article. What that means is that the media is starting to realize that we have some power in terms of our fan base and so they are writing articles to get us excited (either really happy or really mad). This is article just shows the power of extremeskins.com

I posted:

"You know what's scary? How logic apparently flies out the window when discussing the Redskins and the Cowboys.

You know what the horrendous Brunell's stats are against the Cowboys over the past two seasons?

57/97

59%

779 yds

8 TDs

1 INT

You know what the franchise-savior T.O.'s stats have been against the Skins since joining the NFC East?

8 receptions

70 yds

8.8 ypc

19 yards (longest reception)

1 TD

And that was with McNabb as his QB and Westbrook as the running back. Exactly how is Bledsoe and Julius Jones an improvement over those two players?

Owens didn't help the Eagles make it to the playoffs in 2004, they had already been in the playoffs as divisions champs the last three seasons. Owens didn't help the Eagles get into the Super Bowl, he was injured during the entire post season and didn't make one catch in the playoffs to help the team reach that goal, he didn't play one snap. The Eagles made it to the Super Bowl despite his presence, not because of it.

1) Redskins 11-5

2) Giants 10-4

3) Cowboys 8-8

4) Eagles 8-8"

Skins fans paranoid? Naaaaahhhhh.. couldn't be. :(

I know -pretty soon we will get so nervous you'll see us joining our opponents message boards. :paranoid:

I bet we will show up with a better sig than- DeMarcus:whoknows: ...'Where????' and Julius 'ya know ya wish it was Thomas' Jones, though

We're not paranoid. This is just more proof.

Lazy, unoriginal, bandwagon-jumping, reactionary doofi like this specimen really ARE out to get us.

Semi-decent take on the team, though. :)

I'll take the 11-5 record - that's for sure...

Just in case anyone has forgotten what he said just last week (and what might help explain why a lot of people here are rolling their eyes this week):

"DROPPING THE BALL

Brandon Lloyd, Redskins: Last year, if quarterback Mark Brunell threw to anyone other than Santana Moss or Chris Cooley he was in trouble. I don't see that changing much this season. Lloyd has a knack for the spectacular, but not in this offense. Predicted Production: 45 catches, 700 yards.

Antwaan Randle El, Redskins: Just like Lloyd, the dynamic Randle El won't have enough opportunities in Washington. Predicted Production: 40 catches, 550 yards.

I don't get Redskins fans. Has the team ever made a bad signing? According to Redskins nation the team should go 16-0 every year. You guys keep saying the kind of production I listed above would be great for the Skins. Maybe I was a tad high, but you'd really be happy if both Lloyd and Randle El didn't rank among the top 40 receivers in the NFL? Did you see how much you're paying those guys?"

...and now this week:

"By the end of last season, the Skins were the best team in the division. They handed out whoopings to the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles in the final three weeks of the regular season and gave Seattle a hard time in the divisional playoffs despite being totally worn out. They added another group of high-priced free agents in the offseason and have a ridiculous set of assistant coaches under Joe Gibbs. The only glaring question mark is 35-year-old quarterback Mark Brunell, but he was good enough last year. It's hard not to pencil Washington in as a playoff team, even though I would love not to just to antagonize the army of paranoid Redskins fans. Predicted Record: 11-5"

Wow...so in a week's time, the "dropping the ball" duo of Randle El and Lloyd--two guys who are getting paid too much and won't even be good enough to be considered in the top 40 receivers in the game--are no longer question marks...only Mark Brunell is.

I wonder what caused him to change his mind? :D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/05/predicting-nfc-east.html

Reading this article by Andrew Perloff on si.com a few minutes ago really pissed me off. (If you're wondering, he picked the Cowgirls as #1 for the NFC East) :mad:

2. Washington Redskins: By the end of last season, the Skins were the best team in the division. They handed out whoopings to the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles in the final three weeks of the regular season and gave Seattle a hard time in the divisional playoffs despite being totally worn out. They added another group of high-priced free agents in the offseason and have a ridiculous set of assistant coaches under Joe Gibbs. The only glaring question mark is 35-year-old quarterback Mark Brunell, but he was good enough last year. It's hard not to pencil Washington in as a playoff team, even though I would love not to just to antagonize the army of paranoid Redskins fans. Predicted Record: 11-5

:dallasuck

I actually think this is pretty funny. I liked it. :laugh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2006/05/predicting-nfc-east.html

Reading this article by Andrew Perloff on si.com a few minutes ago really pissed me off. (If you're wondering, he picked the Cowgirls as #1 for the NFC East) :mad:

2. Washington Redskins: By the end of last season, the Skins were the best team in the division. They handed out whoopings to the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles in the final three weeks of the regular season and gave Seattle a hard time in the divisional playoffs despite being totally worn out. They added another group of high-priced free agents in the offseason and have a ridiculous set of assistant coaches under Joe Gibbs. The only glaring question mark is 35-year-old quarterback Mark Brunell, but he was good enough last year. It's hard not to pencil Washington in as a playoff team, even though I would love not to just to antagonize the army of paranoid Redskins fans. Predicted Record: 11-5

Washington not only beat Dallass twice last season,

they also knocked them out of the playoffs..

So thats a 3rd beatin on the lil OneStar Boys.

LMAO

"I would love not to just to antagonize the army of paranoid Redskins fans"

I love it....us against the world as always.

If the boys were good?

Wouldnt they be called the FiveStar boys instead of the OneStar Boys??

Guest santana4prez
Just in case anyone has forgotten what he said just last week (and what might help explain why a lot of people here are rolling their eyes this week):

"DROPPING THE BALL

Brandon Lloyd, Redskins: Last year, if quarterback Mark Brunell threw to anyone other than Santana Moss or Chris Cooley he was in trouble. I don't see that changing much this season. Lloyd has a knack for the spectacular, but not in this offense. Predicted Production: 45 catches, 700 yards.

Antwaan Randle El, Redskins: Just like Lloyd, the dynamic Randle El won't have enough opportunities in Washington. Predicted Production: 40 catches, 550 yards.

I don't get Redskins fans. Has the team ever made a bad signing? According to Redskins nation the team should go 16-0 every year. You guys keep saying the kind of production I listed above would be great for the Skins. Maybe I was a tad high, but you'd really be happy if both Lloyd and Randle El didn't rank among the top 40 receivers in the NFL? Did you see how much you're paying those guys?"

Thanks for the post about his article last week Califan007. This article shows the guy who wrote it from SI is a guy who dosent know football. He was right about the first statement because the Skins didnt have any 2nd WR. Then he decides to act like a idiot though and go into how Lloyd and Randle El wont do anything for this offense. It is a stupid opinion but hardly biased. The next statement about dissing Skins fans makes it biased right when he says "I dont get Redskins fans". It turns a bad opinion/prediction into a biased statement right off the bat because he hates the way the team works in Free Agency. The problem with this guy is he is living in the past. He dosent realize since Joe Gibbs has cameback all of our free agent/trade moves have panned out and in 2 years turned a ****ty Steve Spurrier team into a title contender for 2006-07. Then when he ends the article with saying "Did you see how much you are paying these guys" he makes himself seem biased because he thinks the team is worse for giving those players those contracts. I would overpay on Randle El if I knew he could help my football team win games and I knew the Bears were after him. He shows he is biased and wants to knock the Skins and there fans because he either likes the Boys or another team or hates the way we work in Free Agency. Either way the writer shows he is immature for knocking the fans for backing moves that in the last 2 years have helped the Skins so much and made us even better with these new moves of Lloyd and Randle El. I guess he dosent reallize we helped our biggest need with players who are better than he says. I guess he dosent also realize that with Al Saunders teaming up with Gibbs the Skins offense will throw more and these receivers will benefit. I cant wait til this writer is proven wrong and the Skins win SB41 with Lloyd and Randle El being big pieces in the success. He is just a guy who writes whatever he wants to piss off fans that know he is a bum reporter. HTTR and thanks for this post Califan007 you showed me how really stupid and childish this SI reporter is. Any reporter bashing fans dosent deserve to report on anything. He acted more like a troll in a message board compared to a reporter for a top magazine.

Thanks for the post about his article last week Califan007. This article shows the guy who wrote it from SI is a guy who dosent know football. He was right about the first statement because the Skins didnt have any 2nd WR. Then he decides to act like a idiot though and go into how Lloyd and Randle El wont do anything for this offense. It is a stupid opinion but hardly biased. The next statement about dissing Skins fans makes it biased right when he says "I dont get Redskins fans". It turns a bad opinion/prediction into a biased statement right off the bat because he hates the way the team works in Free Agency. The problem with this guy is he is living in the past. He dosent realize since Joe Gibbs has cameback all of our free agent/trade moves have panned out and in 2 years turned a ****ty Steve Spurrier team into a title contender for 2006-07. Then when he ends the article with saying "Did you see how much you are paying these guys" he makes himself seem biased because he thinks the team is worse for giving those players those contracts. I would overpay on Randle El if I knew he could help my football team win games and I knew the Bears were after him. He shows he is biased and wants to knock the Skins and there fans because he either likes the Boys or another team or hates the way we work in Free Agency. Either way the writer shows he is immature for knocking the fans for backing moves that in the last 2 years have helped the Skins so much and made us even better with these new moves of Lloyd and Randle El. I guess he dosent reallize we helped our biggest need with players who are better than he says. I guess he dosent also realize that with Al Saunders teaming up with Gibbs the Skins offense will throw more and these receivers will benefit. I cant wait til this writer is proven wrong and the Skins win SB41 with Lloyd and Randle El being big pieces in the success. He is just a guy who writes whatever he wants to piss off fans that know he is a bum reporter. HTTR and thanks for this post Califan007 you showed me how really stupid and childish this SI reporter is. Any reporter bashing fans dosent deserve to report on anything. He acted more like a troll in a message board compared to a reporter for a top magazine.

Exactly... :applause: :cheers:

To be fair (and clearer), his last comment was in response to Skins fans commenting on the fact that the "dropping the ball" stats he thinks Randle El and Lloyd will "only" achieve would be a HUGE improvement for the Skins offense over how the receivers behind Moss performed last year. I truly believe this guy had NO real clue as to the facts and realities of the receiver stats for the Skins before aquiring ARE and Lloyd, nor did he realize that the stats he predicted would have placed ARE and Lloyd into the top five #2 and #3 receving duos in the NFL last season (I read that somewhere...).

I think after having his ass handed to him by scores of Redskins fans who KNOW their facts, he had to admit that the Skins will probably be better with both of those receivers now on the team...and it probably killed him to have to admit that lol :laugh: ...so while THIS week he seems more favorable towards the Skins (he has to now, he put his foot in it last week), he feels the need to take a dig at the Skins fans who put him in his place.

Archived