Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: File Sharing Experts

StevieInferior

I finally joined the ipod revolution and have gone crazy w/ Kazzaa Lite...probably downloaded over a 100 songs since Thursday. DO I need to worry about the Feds or anything? I have never worried about this...but with it being in the news I am just wondering if I should do anything to protect myself.

Thanks & Cheers!

I think with most of those programs it is almost imposable to download things and get tracked right now, but techniclyif caught, you could get introuble if you down loaded a bunch of things, but the real worry you should have is all the spyware and undetectable crap that comes with all those file share programs.

On most file-swapping networks you are identified by your IP address. If your Internet Service Provider is willing to disclose to RIAA who was at that IP address, you can expect a knock on the door before too long. If you're not sharing files you're less at risk.

And you probably have downloaded a truckload of spyware by installing Kazaa.

Enjoy :D

Seriously ... uninstall Kazaa. Run Spybot Search and Destroy.

Next time you open Kazaa Lite, open Options and then go to K++ Options and then look at the bottom at Privacy and make sure that all 4 options there are checked

That will help you a lot

Don't use any of those programs.

Find something that's free and still underground.

Google this: soul seek.

my kazaa-lite isnt working anymore. I also couldnt get soulseek working on my comp a year ago, but I have also changed comps since. Is soulseek worth it variety wise?

I think if you dont share files, you are fine, but that also ruins the point of file sharing. I don't share, but as I said, my kazaa-lite is kinda sucking now, so I may switch.

Thanks...I just did and assume I increased my privacy...but what exactly did I do?

Next time you open Kazaa Lite, open Options and then go to K++ Options and then look at the bottom at Privacy and make sure that all 4 options there are checked

That will help you a lot

u got more pics on eva longoria, man shes gorgeous,...

WAY too skinny!! I like curves!

To answer the original poster .. Kazaa Lite is absent the spyware, but I would be VERY careful about sharing files! It's just not worth it, especially for crappy mp3 files!

You made sure that you can't be seen using Kazaa Lite

I wouldn't bet my life on that! ;)

Bottom line .. if the RIAA (who I believe to be Eville incarnate) wants to find you sharing files, they will! Regardless of your "Kazaa" settings!

• 3 months later...

Not that I advocate sharing files illegally, but the way to go nowadays is with a good bittorrent. Try mininova.org. Simple to use, but there are MUCH better ones out there. The problem is, many of them are invitation only. But, if you try hard enough, there's ways around that as well. ;)

On bittorrent you gotta go to a site like isohunt or torrentspy. Then just pop in what ever you're looking for in the search field. I downloaded several Redskins games last year off of it. Big ups if the person who uploaded those is one of the posters here.

If you click on the file you want, your torrent program will automatically pop up. I use Azureus.

I wouldn't bet my life on that! ;)

Bottom line .. if the RIAA (who I believe to be Eville incarnate) wants to find you sharing files, they will! Regardless of your "Kazaa" settings!

I heard from a friend of mine that if you really want to be protected when you download material its best to find an unsecured WAP. Then your free and clear no matter what.

Archived