Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins coverage of rookie camp.

Art

Rookie camp is this weekend. This camp will consist of three practice sessions including approximately 90 players made up of three groups, the Redskins 2006 NFL Draft selections, undrafted free agents and workout/tryout players.

We will have coverage each day catering to what you guys want as much as possible. Our coverage team is Om, JimmiJo and Tarhog rotating in teams or solo through the weekend. What we'd like is for you guys to post specific areas of interest for us to focus on.

If you'd like a specific player watched or pictures taken, let us know and we'll try to do that. If you want a specific coach talked to we'll try to do that. IF you have questions or story ideas, put them here and we'll try as much as we can to get some answers the normal media might not be able to provide.

Be gentle on poor JimmiJo. It's his first Skins coverage for us. Actually, since it is his first, tell him to break some big story or something :).

Art.

Hmm. Off the top of my head:

How do defensive coaches envision using Adam Archuletta compared to how they used Ryan Clark? Archuletta is known more as a run stopper than an ace in coverage while Clark was sort of a jack of all trades that could cover for Sean Taylor if Taylor was assigned to blitz or play up.

They left cornerbacks off the draft list, but many of the 3-4-5's don't have a lot of NFL playing experience. Is this going to be a problem area, or are they simply very comfortable with the players they have?

How is Campbell progressing?

How do they envision Andre Carter? Defensive end? If so, who is losing the starting spot? Wynn or Daniels?

Will Chris Clemons get more playing time ? What about Warrick Holdman?

Will Taylor Jacobs ever remain healthy? How is David Patten? What role will he play?

How are Jon Jansen's hands?

Will Broughtan and Manuel White Jr. get more playing time?

What? This is a rookies camp? Oh.

Umm. Will McIntosh start? Refer to my question about cornerbacks.

I'd like to see some coverage of McIntosh and the rest of the draft picks. I'd appreciate an interview with Havner as to what chance he has of making an impact this year and maybe an interview with Jerry Gray as to anybody he's really excited to work with in the secondary, especially Doughty.

Thanks.

the student surpasses the teacher :(

btw, I'm :jk:

I'm happy, yet extremely jealous for all of them :D

Bubba, rest assured, there is only one of you.

All - I cannot tell you how stoked I am for the opportunity. As Art said, let us know what you are looking for and we will do our best to get/cover it.

Wow thats going to be awesome.

I think everybody including me would love some coverage of Jason Cambell . To see his progression and to see if he has changed anything.

Lots of pics of the newly aqquired players. :D

And a good tag team pic of Archuleta and Taylor. Thank you.

Good Luck JimmiJo.

Thanks guys. :notworthy

Its rookie camp fella...

We'll all keep these requests in mind....just be aware, we'll have a grand total of 30 minutes each day to take photo's, and some opportunities to interview players as they come off the practice field. Its a very limited amount of time. And trying to 'assess' players AND photograph them at the same time, well, its challenging. That being said, we'll be extremely excited to be there and will do all we can, and as always are appreciative of the Redskins for making it possible.

I can guarantee you a TON of pics, and as many player interviews as we can nab.

I'd like to hear if our new O-Cord feels Boughton and White make the team. I like Boughton and we haven't seen White yet. I get the feeling he gets cut. That would be another middle draft pick down the tubes.

Pictures of the new draftees seems to be the big seller.

Archived