Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Day conversation: Talk about the whole draft here. (Merged)

Art

Will the titans take Leinart or Young? BTW, did anyone hear the semi-compliment to Portis that he is similar size to Bush and has had a great career in the NFL?
Yeah that was pretty good. If the Titans take Young then they're idiots. I don't care what the owner wants, Leinart with Chow again would come along a lot faster and I'm of the opinion that Leinart will be better than Young anyway.

Guest sith lord
Can't say I'm surprised but I did think the Jets would take Bush.

NFL Network has already said the Titans will take Young, so it'll be interesting who the Jets take.

It's still possible the Saints trade Bush...

They're not trading Bush.

Takeing a player as good as Bush can't be stupid I know that much.

It is when you have a ton of money tied up in a pro bowl running back. Said Pro Bowl RB gets pissed that they've drafted this kid they didn't need, and it ends up tearing up the locker room. Or, two years from now, when the Saints STILL haven't made the playoffs because their real problem (defense), was not addressed, the fans will be pissed at the GM for being so short-sighted.

Furthermore, how is their cap situation going to look when Bush asks for an even bigger contract than Mcalister has?

Jets pick this should be very interesting.

If they take Hawk or Ferguson, it could be trade bait to try to work out a trade w/ the Saints to get Bush.

I'm thinking the same thing with either the Jets or Green Bay at five. If the pack takes hawk, they can work a deal, but at worst, they get a top linebacker for that defense.....

Archived