Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Draft Day conversation: Talk about the whole draft here. (Merged)

Art

On the Saints message board (saintsreport.com), they're all pulling for Bush. It's a tough call. Deuce is a good but injury proned RB. But the Jets could offer picks 4 and 29, allowing the Saints to get Ferguson or Hawk. The Packers could offer #5 and Javan Walker and they could still get one of those two guys. Personally, I think Hawk is by far a greater need for them. But I'm just not sure I want to be the team that passes on Reggie Bush.

Ok Maio Williams is the 1st pick by the Texans and he will be a bust. He is not a Peppers as a DE. The folks in Texas will find out about that.

i would have to disagree with you there. the man is 6-7 300 pounds and runs a 4.7 40. He is an absolute animal and will dominate offensive tackles for years to come. Lets hope Jansen and Samuels can control him this year. HE will be better than Strahan.

Can anyone tell me the approximate time that The Skin's 53rd pick will happen?

Thanks

Would be hard to do, since no one knows what will happen. We could move up. But assuming we pick at 53rd, figure we don't pick until 7-9 pm.

i would have to disagree with you there. the man is 6-7 300 pounds and runs a 4.7 40. He is an absolute animal and will dominate offensive tackles for years to come. Lets hope Jansen and Samuels can control him this year. HE will be better than Strahan.

Apparently there were quite a few college teams last year that had no problem controlling Williams. Don't worry, Samuels will do just fine.

Mike Mayock just flat out told Bob McNair,"Get a tackle." They tried to get him to admit it was a money issue(Bush) but he denied and denied. Williams is going to be great but watching Bush's highlights is ridiculous. I hope the Jets draft someone that is such a shock one of the fans finally jumps.

Somebody PLEASE explain the logic of booing guys when they get drafted.

IMO, the most classless thing you can do - and you know it's coming. Every single one of them gets booed. Although, I think if the Jets get Bush today...the cheers'll be way to loud to hear the booing.

I still don't stinkin get it, though. The biggest day of these kids lives and they gotta listen to boos.

I've always thought NFL football fans are slightly inferior to college football fans (on the whole - there are obvious exceptions) and this is one of the Top Ten reasons why.

Again, JMO.

Somebody PLEASE explain the logic of booing guys when they get drafted.

IMO, the most classless thing you can do - and you know it's coming. Every single one of them gets booed. Although, I think if the Jets get Bush today...the cheers'll be way to loud to hear the booing.

I still don't stinkin get it, though. The biggest day of these kids lives and they gotta listen to boos.

Um, considering the effect most players have when they first step onto an NFL field, it's a safe bet that most of them will get booed many times before they get cheered.

:)

Wow it must be tough to have the #1 overall pick. If I were Houston I would have tried everything in my power to move down 1-3 spots and take Ferguson.

I wonder if this was their strategy? Honestly, I am of the opinion that Mario Williams is somewhat of a speculative pick and the Texans greatest need is OL.

Only time will tell.

Archived