Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Fan Here - - -

NFC Beast

So you think you have a corner who can cover Santana Moss one on one? Your whole secondary will need help covering our recievers :redpunch:

They couldn't stop us when we only had 1 WR and 1TE

What are they going to do against 4 quailty WR, and 2 quality TE's? :laugh:

im sorry we won the division guys..... with a first full year QB..... and if you bring up the 9th home game crap, come on,.... it was the saints.... we cound beat them with all of our back ups...... oh wait ... they beat the panthers..... haha

We had a 5-1 division record. We ruled the east.

Based on last season, the true definition of who had a better year is who got further in the playoffs. Since the skins got to the second round and the G-men got punished in the first, I would say the Skins did better.

That is all for debate, but its a new year, and for the record, I don't care who your CB's are. Noone can cover Moss one on one. The sad thing is, you may have to considering the other talents with Portis, Lloyd, Cooley, ARE, and Patten. O and you can never forget Sellers. :D

This rivalry is really starting to build up. The G-men could knock off Dallas as the skins' top rival, at least for now.

Guest santana4prez
Okay lets show some real facts

Redskins played the toughest strength of schedule in the NFC/NFL Giants was in the middle to lower end.

Giants had 1 extra non-home HOME game

NFC East Record

Redskins 5-1

Giants 4-2

Due note "if" the Skins had not been hosed in Tampa on the 2pt conversion, would have been 11-5 and NFC East Champs, and #2 seed, where as the giants who did win with an 11-5 record were the #4 seed

NFC Conference record

Skins 10-2

Giants 8-4

NFC Playoff Record

Skins 1-1

Giants 0-1

Overall Stat Rankings- per team

Offense

Redskins

#11, #7 rushing, #21 passing, #13 scoring

Giants

#4, #6 rushing, #11 passing, #3 scoring

Defense

Redskins

#9, #13 rushing, #10 passing, #9 scoring

Giants

#24, #12 rushing, #27 passing, #14 scoring

Finished the season

Skins won 5 straight (3 on the road, and 3 straight against NFC East foes), and went on the road and beat Tampa in the playoffs, before losing to Seattle. Had big wins against Dallas, and NY at home

Giants had an embarrassing lost to the Vikes, giving up 3 special team, defense TDS, while holding the Vikes offense to only a fg. Had 3 losses in the last 8, and near loss to lowly eagles. Finished with win over Oakland, aided by Oaklands poor coaching and the team quitting on Turner. Was shut out at home against the Panthers in only playoff game

Injuries

While the Giants like to moan about injuries to their LBs at the end of the season, they seem to act like no other team suffered because of injuries. The Skins actually had more injuries to starters for more games, during the middle season had almost no DL, nor CBs. And lost our #2, & #3, WR the second half of the season, as well as our PK for several games. Lost starting LG Thomas the last two games of the season and the playoffs

This was the best post I have seen on this subject. All Hail King Bubba!!!

:allhail:

Yards are the worst way to rank defences. PPG is the right way to do it, and when you do that. The Giants had the 14th best D in the NFL. . Until the end of the year the Giants D was not half bad. Add LA to it and re roll the please stay healthy for a year dice and the Giants should have a top 10 D next year.

Completely and utterly wrong. Yards are the best way to rank defenses, along with turnovers. Why? Because PPG includes many points that are not legitimately the defenses fault. All special teams points and plays where Special teams gives the defense a very short field. All plays where the offense turns the ball over and either the defense scores, or the offense gives them great feild position. In 2004, the Redskins defense ranked in the top couple in the league in yards allowed. Yet not in PPG. Did it have anything to do with their play? No. The Redskins gave up a lot of TDs on special teams, on interceptions, on fumbles, and on lots of giving the ball to the opponents on our own 20 yard line.

PPG is an measure of your teams overall ability to not allow points. A defense can only control what it does when its ON THE FIELD. Yards allowed is the exact measure(and turnovers) of what a defense does while it is on the field.

Get the **** out of our site you piece of ****!! How dare you come in here with your bull**** stats and claim you have some sort of decent defense.

The truth is, we beat you when we needed to. Not only did we beat you, we used our second string quarterback to do it.

So the next time you want some punishment, go visit the Cowgirl site.

Okay lets show some real facts

Redskins played the toughest strength of schedule in the NFC/NFL Giants was in the middle to lower end.

Giants had 1 extra non-home HOME game

NFC East Record

Redskins 5-1

Giants 4-2

Due note "if" the Skins had not been hosed in Tampa on the 2pt conversion, would have been 11-5 and NFC East Champs, and #2 seed, where as the giants who did win with an 11-5 record were the #4 seed

NFC Conference record

Skins 10-2

Giants 8-4

NFC Playoff Record

Skins 1-1

Giants 0-1

Overall Stat Rankings- per team

Offense

Redskins

#11, #7 rushing, #21 passing, #13 scoring

Giants

#4, #6 rushing, #11 passing, #3 scoring

Defense

Redskins

#9, #13 rushing, #10 passing, #9 scoring

Giants

#24, #12 rushing, #27 passing, #14 scoring

Finished the season

Skins won 5 straight (3 on the road, and 3 straight against NFC East foes), and went on the road and beat Tampa in the playoffs, before losing to Seattle. Had big wins against Dallas, and NY at home

Giants had an embarrassing lost to the Vikes, giving up 3 special team, defense TDS, while holding the Vikes offense to only a fg. Had 3 losses in the last 8, and near loss to lowly eagles. Finished with win over Oakland, aided by Oaklands poor coaching and the team quitting on Turner. Was shut out at home against the Panthers in only playoff game

Injuries

While the Giants like to moan about injuries to their LBs at the end of the season, they seem to act like no other team suffered because of injuries. The Skins actually had more injuries to starters for more games, during the middle season had almost no DL, nor CBs. And lost our #2, & #3, WR the second half of the season, as well as our PK for several games. Lost starting LG Thomas the last two games of the season and the playoffs

Game...Set.... Match

Based on last season, the true definition of who had a better year is who got further in the playoffs. Since the skins got to the second round and the G-men got punished in the first, I would say the Skins did better.

The Giants got to the playoffs and lost.

The 'Skins got to the playoffs and lost.

Same end result.

Once again, it's pointless to argue who has the better team for 2006 in April, let alone before the draft has even occurred.

:laugh: :D i love that LaVar is on the Giants. So now when he is hell bent on sacking Brunell, he can just dump it to Cooley for over LaVar's head for a 32 yard gain. I LOVE IT! Why is everyone pissed that he went to NY because its hilarious! He went from a top 10 defense with one of the 3 best Def. Coor. in the league to a down graded #24 ranked defense. Don't worry fellas let them talk and we will see what they say when LaVar doesn't follow his assignment or when he is sitting on the bench because he is injured like always. The Giants think he is like their savior. Its so funny listening to them talk. I can't wait to see him blow assignments left and right in NY. :gaintsuck :silly: :laugh: :D

man this is too much fighting. Truth is, there is no way anyone can tell who the better team in 06 is going to be. We'll just have to wait and see. What we know for sure is that we Redskins fans are excited and have very high expectations for the upcoming season and so do the Giants. We'll just have to wait(as hard as it is) and see.

the Steelers were the #6 seed in the AFC last year and won the Super Bowl :laugh:

at the same time the Giants won the East and yet the Redskins as the wildcard advanced further in the playoffs.

no way to tell what is going to happen, based on injuries and luck, etc.

one thing we do know however: ALL the East teams will have only 8 home games in 2005.

that extra home game the Giants got to pound the Saints in 2005 won't be repeated.

when we look back on the Redskins 5-1 record in the East in 2005 that extra home game for NY seems like it very well might have been the difference in the division standings finale.

Guest santana4prez
:laugh: :D i love that LaVar is on the Giants. So now when he is hell bent on sacking Brunell, he can just dump it to Cooley for over LaVar's head for a 32 yard gain. I LOVE IT! Why is everyone pissed that he went to NY because its hilarious! He went from a top 10 defense with one of the 3 best Def. Coor. in the league to a down graded #24 ranked defense. Don't worry fellas let them talk and we will see what they say when LaVar doesn't follow his assignment or when he is sitting on the bench because he is injured like always. The Giants think he is like their savior. Its so funny listening to them talk. I can't wait to see him blow assignments left and right in NY. :gaintsuck :silly: :laugh: :D

Great Post. Great minds think alike.:dallasuck

The Giants got to the playoffs and lost.

The 'Skins got to the playoffs and lost.

Same end result.

Once again, it's pointless to argue who has the better team for 2006 in April, let alone before the draft has even occurred.

The Skins and G-men were even in the main stats I guess.

We split our season series and yall won the division but the Skins had the better division record.

The 2006 is too far away to predict yet but I think all 4 NFC East teams will be good next year.

Good post from a rival. I can respect this post.

You skins fans are just like Red sox fans...they loved Damon and wanted him back but when they lost him to the Yanks all of a sudden he's old and not really that good. you can say what you want about LA, but the bottom line is he's a playmaker and you wished you still had him!

Lets go Big Blue!

You skins fans are just like Red sox fans...they loved Damon and wanted him back but when they lost him to the Yanks all of a sudden he's old and not really that good. you can say what you want about LA, but the bottom line is he's a playmaker and you wished you still had him!

Lets go Big Blue!

You Gmen turds are just like most other teams fans...you get a damaged goods free agent and think you signed the second comming of Lawrence Taylor. as bad as some skins fans make LaVar to be(which isn't accurate)...you make him sound better than he is(not accurate either). Sure he'll make a few good plays this season that will make you wow!...but he will make twice as many that will make you woe.

man this is too much fighting. Truth is, there is no way anyone can tell who the better team in 06 is going to be. We'll just have to wait and see. What we know for sure is that we Redskins fans are excited and have very high expectations for the upcoming season and so do the Giants. We'll just have to wait(as hard as it is) and see.

Thank You! That's what I've been trying to say all along. :cheers:

why are you guys making excuses for our team that day? "mara" this and "mara" that...we just got outplayed plain and simple by a team that was better that day. i don't personally think the giants were better than the Skins last season, nor do I think they'll be better this season, but I hope if/when we lose to them, we don't make up a bunch of excuses. both teams are about equal -- so don't be surprised, embarrased, ashame, etc., if we beat them or they beat us.

why are you guys making excuses for our team that day? "mara" this and "mara" that...we just got outplayed plain and simple by a team that was better that day. i don't personally think the giants were better than the Skins last season, nor do I think they'll be better this season, but I hope if/when we lose to them, we don't make up a bunch of excuses. both teams are about equal -- so don't be surprised, embarrased, ashame, etc., if we beat them or they beat us.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers:

PAK

If you weren't at the game, you cannot even possibly understand the emotion, so don't try to. That was the reason, I was there, everyone knows it who was there, so don't try and talk about something you have no idea about.

Archived