Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Fan Here - - -

NFC Beast

Guest santana4prez
If you weren't at the game, you cannot even possibly understand the emotion, so don't try to. That was the reason, I was there, everyone knows it who was there, so don't try and talk about something you have no idea about.

I agree. It is sad but I was at my buddies place watching the game and I thought to myself this game is going to be a rout. After Maras granddaughter sang that song before kickoff I knew it was over. In the back of my mind the whole game im thinking the Skins have a chance but I knew that was a trap game.

Im not taking anything away from the Giants. Hell the Skins may of still lost that game even if the owner hadnt died ,but it wouldnt of been 36-0. I havent seen a game like that where it was so emotional in awhile.

ok bash me if you wish. ill be completely honest with you guys. we scored 56 points on your D in 2 games and you scored 35 on ours. so how can you guys say our defense is so horrible when we outscored you? and that last game we didnt have any of our LBs starting?

im not trying to start anything here, but im sure ill get thrashed anyway. But im just saying we lost every single one of our LBs and almost all of our backup Lbs and started pulling guys off the street to play....(Phifer, Lewis, Foreman, Jackson)

THIS YEAR:

We upgraded our secondary 100%, and When we sign Arrington, will have the best LB corps in the NFL if they stay healthy. Our D-line took a hit so i think we will address that in the draft..

You guys got some sweet players as well picking up Randle El and Lloyd and Arch and Carter, even though obviously overpaying them. (come on you know Snyder did) but that doesnt matter.

I predict both the Giants and the Redskins in the playoffs again this year, Eagles flopping on the bottom and the cowhoes blowing up mid season , in a bad way because of TO.

I have to say i hate the cowbiatches and Egirls way more than the redskins, but the NFC east is really kicking these days and is back to being the best n the NFL.

ok guys, this is giong to be a tough season for all of the nfc east teams, may the best team win......

here is to the NFC BEAST!!! :):cheers:

BTW, Why did you guys get rid of Ryan Clark for Arch? Im still wondering why the G-men got rid of him in the first place........

well in the first game even though we were shut out, we were in field goal range at three different points in the second half. But at that time it was about seeing what we could do in the redzone as the game was already over. We could have easily put up 6 points in FG's (maybe 9?) . . . so even though we were shut out . . we also had an injured QB hobbling around for most of the game . . . and our D-line was banged up - Griffin had a hip flexor and did not play in the second half and Salavea had a foot injury that he was trying to play through, we had multiple injuries in the first game, just like you guys had in the 2nd game.

Just as easily the TD you guys scored on the Brunell INT was just a bad play on Brunell's part. Eason still pulled the catch in. But it was right in the numbers and he only had 10 yards to go to get into the endzone. And the TD Toomer caught, although was pretty spectacular, the ball was deflected and he managed to bring it down. Some could call that luck, but we'll just say it was a good play.

Both of our defenses are really good . . . but it's like comparing apples and oranges - different strenghts and weaknesses, etc.

Of course I am biased . . . but I think the most important factor to realize is that we were 5-1 in the division (even though the Gmen had a better overalk record) . . . and we won a playoff game on the road . . . and the Gmen lost a home playoff game . . . weren't you guys shut out against Carolina? Either way it is going to be real interesting this year.

Simple, we totally F***ed up on the first game. And on the second game, 7 of your points came from the defense, and one of your passes was luckily tipped right into Toomers hands. Thank you and have a good night.

Yeah you dumb ass. Giants get "No Love" at ES

This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen. Its obvious the Giants suck. Anytime you come here and argue that the Giants have the best LB corp in the NFL makes this a stupid question. Have fun with Lavar and Antonios 11 million dollar cap hit for the next 5 years. 11 million wasted on a position like linebacker. Good call Giants front office. Next question.

I don't think Eli should be counted as a bad QB just yet. He was in his second year and most QBs don't do well in their young years. However, I do the believe the name on the back of his jersey has people rating his potential higher than it actually is. Hell even Peyton really doesn't impress me since I would choose Big Ben among others with lower stats because he simply doesn't perform in the clutch. To me, I think Eli will turn out like Tim Couch show some flashes of ability but ultimately dissappoint. As with Lavar, he's a good linebacker but he's not LT. The Giants will be a force next year without a doubt. They have a very well rounded team. Their secondary is not spectular but it is very solid. Their DE's are impressive and Pierce is an elite linebacker. On offense their recievers are good and their RB is great. This team is on par with the Redskins in terms of talent. The think the edge goes to the coaching staff. Without a doubt Washington's coaching staff is better in every way to the Giants. Saunders is Gibbs evolved, Williams is a defenisve Gibbs in his prime, Gibbs is Joe Gibbs nuff said and the assisants could be head coaches. The Redskins will win the NFC east.

your defensive staff is garbage, you can't develop your own players so you decide to sign redskins,

I hear smoot's looking for a new home why don't you sign him too,

Niether AP or LA are going to make it the entire season this year so have fun, your LB's are going to suck once again

One could reasonably pick Tiki over Portis, though, no personnel guy would.

Well, that's downright laughable.

Barber's stats far surpass Portis' since Portis came into the league in 2002. Barber's stats kill Portis' stats in the last two seasons.

And I don't think Barber has had nearly as good of an offensive line that Portis had in Denver and this past season with Washington.

Since 2002, Tiki has slighty more rushing yards than Portis at a slighlty higher yards per carry. However, Tiki has a 11 more TD's....103 more catches...and 1,037 more receiving yards.

In the last two years, Tiki has been blowing Portis and every other back in the NFC East out of the water.

BARBER IN 2004 & 2005

679 carries

3378 rushing yards

4.97 yards per carry

22 rushing TD's

106 receptions

1108 receiving yards

10.45 yards per catch

4 Receiving TD's

4486 total yards

5.71 yards per touch (carry or reception)

26 Total TD's

PORTIS IN 2004 & 2005

695 carries

2831 rushing yards

4.07 yards per carry

16 rushing TD's

70 receptions

451 receiving yards

6.44 yards per catch

2 Receiving TD's

4.29 yards per touch (carries or receptions)

18 total TD's

You could not only pick Barber over Portis, but you'd be stupid not to. And any personnel guy that would pick Portis over Barber should probably find a new profession.

Rich......

Guest santana4prez

Barber's stats far surpass Portis' since Portis came into the league in 2002. Barber's stats kill Portis' stats in the last two seasons.

And I don't think Barber has had nearly as good of an offensive line that Portis had in Denver and this past season with Washington.

Since 2002, Tiki has slighty more rushing yards than Portis at a slighlty higher yards per carry. However, Tiki has a 11 more TD's....103 more catches...and 1,037 more receiving yards.

In the last two years, Tiki has been blowing Portis and every other back in the NFC East out of the water.

BARBER IN 2004 & 2005

679 carries

3378 rushing yards

4.97 yards per carry

22 rushing TD's

106 receptions

1108 receiving yards

10.45 yards per catch

4 Receiving TD's

4486 total yards

5.71 yards per touch (carry or reception)

26 Total TD's

PORTIS IN 2004 & 2005

695 carries

2831 rushing yards

4.07 yards per carry

16 rushing TD's

70 receptions

451 receiving yards

6.44 yards per catch

2 Receiving TD's

4.29 yards per touch (carries or receptions)

18 total TD's

You could not only pick Barber over Portis, but you'd be stupid not to. And any personnel guy that would pick Portis over Barber should probably find a new profession.

Rich......

It actually depends on what type of RB you want. If you want a dual threat back id take Barber. If you want more of a grinding/big play back id take Portis. That said I dont think Barber comes anywhere close to last season stats. Portis played real well for the Skins the last 5 weeks but if you go by last seasons stats id take Barber.

One of your better posts. I cant be a homer when you look at what Barber did last season. He carried that team. I do think Portis has finally adjusted from Denver and I think he will continue to improve on the numbers from last season. With the WRs the Skins have it is going to leave Portis with more room to run as well. When Portis was in Denver I thought he was going to be a great back and this season he really could dominate.

I'm not sure where you get your stats from, but Portis has 49 total TD's since he came into the league in 2002 whereas Tiki has 40 in the same span.

I'd also like to mention that not everyone throws to their RB as much as NY does. Tiki has double the catches that Portis does, and I'm pretty sure it's not because Portis drops a lot of passes. That's like comparing CB's and looking at sacks. If you don't get sent after the QB, there's no way you're getting a sack.

I'd also venture to guess that a personell guy would look at their respective ages and compare talent and most certainly go with Portis at this stage of their respective careers. Tiki, while not used a whole lot early in his career, is still 31. Portis is 24. You'd be a fool to choose Tiki over Portis unless you're planning to aquire another back in a year or two. Portis brings everything to the table that Tiki does, plus he's a helluva blocker.

ok bash me if you wish. ill be completely honest with you guys. we scored 56 points on your D in 2 games and you scored 35 on ours. so how can you guys say our defense is so horrible when we outscored you? and that last game we didnt have any of our LBs starting?

im not trying to start anything here, but im sure ill get thrashed anyway. But im just saying we lost every single one of our LBs and almost all of our backup Lbs and started pulling guys off the street to play....(Phifer, Lewis, Foreman, Jackson)

THIS YEAR:

We upgraded our secondary 100%, and When we sign Arrington, will have the best LB corps in the NFL if they stay healthy. Our D-line took a hit so i think we will address that in the draft..

You guys got some sweet players as well picking up Randle El and Lloyd and Arch and Carter, even though obviously overpaying them. (come on you know Snyder did) but that doesnt matter.

I predict both the Giants and the Redskins in the playoffs again this year, Eagles flopping on the bottom and the cowhoes blowing up mid season , in a bad way because of TO.

I have to say i hate the cowbiatches and Egirls way more than the redskins, but the NFC east is really kicking these days and is back to being the best n the NFL.

ok guys, this is giong to be a tough season for all of the nfc east teams, may the best team win......

here is to the NFC BEAST!!! :):cheers:

BTW, Why did you guys get rid of Ryan Clark for Arch? Im still wondering why the G-men got rid of him in the first place........

If you're not trying to start anything why come at us on out fan site. You know good and well that you would get backlash when you posted. We are rivals and your mere presence on a REDSKINS website is enough to start a war.

It actually depends on what type of RB you want. If you want a dual threat back id take Barber. If you want more of a grinding/big play back id take Portis.

And you’d still be wrong.

Here’s a look at factors that you consider in a “grinding/big play back” for both guys the last two seasons:

CARRIES PER GAME

Barber 21.21

Portis 22.42

% of Runs up the middle in 2005 (according to Footballoutsiders.com)

Barber 44%

Portis 35%

Number of 20+ yard gains

Barber 27

Portis 11

Big Play Rushes in 2005 (according to http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/bigplayrushes.html)

Barber 43

Portis 34

The only category where Portis leads Barber as a “grinding/big play” tailback is in first downs/carry:

Barber .202

Portis .210

Other than that, they practically ran the ball the same amount of times per game, but Barber ran it up the middle far more times than Portis did and Barber has almost 2.5 times more carries for over 20+ yards than Portis has in the last two years.

Rich………………

Other than that, they practically ran the ball the same amount of times per game, but Barber ran it up the middle far more times than Portis did and Barber has almost 2.5 times more carries for over 20+ yards than Portis has in the last two years.

You can't seriously believe that if given the opportunity a GM would rather trade for Barber over Portis right now do you? If you are talking for one year then yeah but Barber is 31 years old and Portis is 24. Barber has quietly put up amazing numbers the last four years and I still think he should have beaten out Alexander last year for MVP but if you trade for Barber over Portis right now you should have your head examined.

You can't seriously believe that if given the opportunity a GM would rather trade for Barber over Portis right now do you? If you are talking for one year then yeah but Barber is 31 years old and Portis is 24. Barber has quietly put up amazing numbers the last four years and I still think he should have beaten out Alexander last year for MVP but if you trade for Barber over Portis right now you should have your head examined.

Well, I am talking about for one year.

Comparing the stats over the last 4 years and especially the last 2 years, if I had to choose between Portis and Barber for the upcoming year, I'd take Barber in a walk, unless I have some Nostradamus ability to predict an injury for him.

Even still, Portis missed his last 3 games with the Broncos in 2003, missed 1 game with the Skins and was severely ineffective in a couple of games due to being banged up in 2004 and was ineffective in the playoffs in 2005 due to being banged up. Barber on the other hand hasn't had an injury problem in the last 4 years.

I really believe that if Gibbs would cut back Portis' amount of carries, he'd be a more effective runner.

Rich............

Barber on the other hand hasn't had an injury problem in the last 4 years.

And yet Portis and Barber we essentially identical in the playoffs. What was Barber's excuse?

Portis' wearing down as the season went along was so bad that he finished the season with 5 straight 100-yard games including 3 in a row against division rivals. He scored 6 TDs in those 5 games.

Rich......

:doh: you do realize that Barber is only the 2nd back over 30 to rush for over 1000.

look at the first Curtis Martin went south after leading the league the year before.

at 31 Tiki has only a few years left barring injury (which chances % increase with age)

if both Portis & Tiki were available for the same trade value, and contract/cap hit..... 32 of 32 teams would take Portis, simply because he hasn't peaked yet and is 7 years younger.

compare realistic stats......

Portis Career Stats (4 years)

1258 att., 5930 yards, 4.7 YPc, 45 TD, 35 +20, 294 FD

Barber Career Stats (9 years)

1890 ATT., 8787 Yards, 4.6 YPC, 95 tds, 64 +20, 411 FD

Career Avg totals

Portis

314.5 att., 1482.5 Yards, 4.7 YPC, 11.25 TD, 8.75 +20, 73.4 FD

Barber

210 ATT., 976.3 Yards, 4.6 YPC, 10.5 TD, 7.1 +20, 45.6 FD

Portis Stats 4 years

1258 att., 5930 yards, 4.7 YPc, 45 TD, 35 +20, 294 FD

Barber last 4 years

1261 Att., 5981 Yards, 4.7 YPC, 35 TDs, 43 +20, 282 FD

we won't even bother comparing Tiki's first 4 years to Portis's first 4 not even close.

this is a no brainer, anyone thinking differently is a foolish homer. PERIOD

I'm not a Giants fan.

Rich..........

those who live in glass houses....

poor

ok, then you are simply a fool :laugh:

even for one year (which no team would do) no one would risk a 31 year old back to a 24 year old back with comparable /better numbers.

Geez Indy let James go because of his age, preferring to find a YOUNGER/ cheaper back in the draft.

non NFC East example. Who will KC start next season if both backs are healthy? 31 year old Priest Holmes, or 20ish Larry Johnson???

Guest santana4prez

If you throw in the age factor it is easily Portis. He has a shot to pass Emmitt Smiths career rushing record if he keeps going at this pace.

Archived