Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random James Thrash Love Thread

IM A REDSKIN FAN

He's a player that you can easily respect. He works hard and cares deeply about the game of football. One of those guys that looks like he would play even if he wasn't paid, but luckily he is. He may not be the most talented player, but to have a quality player like him as a 4th or 5th recieving option is to incredible to believe.

so true. he's "okay" but he's nothing great.

:doh:

He's only the best, most consistent special teamer the Redskins have had since Brian Mitchell. Watch the 2004 Lions game to see exactly how valuable Thrash is to this team.

Thrash and Jimoh fill a very similar role on this team....special teams. So, after so many people were putting Jimoh in the HOF over the past few days of threads, I got a simple question. Who is more valuable to our beloved Redskins? James Thrash or Ade Jimoh?

Thrash and Jimoh fill a very similar role on this team....special teams. So, after so many people were putting Jimoh in the HOF over the past few days of threads, I got a simple question. Who is more valuable to our beloved Redskins? James Thrash or Ade Jimoh?

Right now? Probably Jimoh, since he's slated to be our nickel corner and is pretty young. Thrash is an all-around better player and is a better special teamer though.

Wait, so the Redskins drafted Thrash, lost him to the Eagles, and picked him back up?

Sorry, confused 15-year old here!

This is correct. Well, technically we traded a 5th rounder (I think) to get him back.

I think James is a little underrated as a WR. He put together some pretty decent seasons from 2000-2003. He notched 63 catches, 833 yards, and 8 TDs in 2001. No, he's not a starter, but I actually thought he was pretty good as our third WR last year before he got hurt. He did have a few clutch catches in third down situations. He is certainly one of the best #5s in the league as well as being a great ST player.

I hope these "random love" threads dont get out of hand, but Ive got no problem giving James his due. I was upset when we lost him the first time, hopefully he retires as a Skin. :logo:

Its BS to think that Jimoh is more valuable than Thrash.

Although Thrash can't be counted on as a starting WR, he has a history of being a reliable third or fourth option at WR. Last year he was very consistent with those third down passes. Plus he's a veteran and adds veteran leadership on Special Teams.

Jimoh is a very good guy on Special Teams, but has a history of being a HORRIBLE corner. Last year he wasn't as bad because Walt Harris was always the guy to mess up first. But I have NO confidence in this guy being in the game on defense. So he could easily be replaced by another special teams player who can play cornerback.

Wait, so the Redskins drafted Thrash, lost him to the Eagles, and picked him back up?

Sorry, confused 15-year old here!

This is correct. Well, technically we traded a 5th rounder (I think) to get him back.

Actually, its not 100% correct. James was picked up as an undrafted free-agent by the Eagles in 97, and cut before training camp. The Redskins picked him up after the Iggles cut him, and he played 4 unspectacular seasons in DC. He had a "breakout" season in 2000, getting 650 yards receiving on 50 catches -- which is down right maniacal for an Eagle receiver :laugh:, so they signed him! He became a "key member" of their non-superbowl winning teams from 2001-2003. Then in 2004 he came back home when we traded an undisclosed draft pick for him (tf -- I don't think it was a 5th rounder...but maybe? :whoknows: ).

Anyway, Thrash has been a rock-solid special teams player pretty much his entire career, and is what he'll be known for throughout history.

I rewatched three games from the past season yesterday; the Giants game at FedEx, the Eagles game on SNF, and the Dallas game on MNF. Now I understand why Doc Walker calls him the "Energizer Bunny", because he does so much that doesn't show up on the highlights. He run blocks and runs routes that allows other receivers, such as Moss and Cooley, to get open.

Undeniably, he's an important cog in our offense and special teams.

If there is a such thing as a "core Redskin" in this day and age of free agency, it's got to be Thrash. I think he bleeds the B&G and Gibbs knows it.

Agreed, Egypt too eh... wow, i thought i was far away from redskins park. You just add an extra few miles to that.

Archived