Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random James Thrash Love Thread

IM A REDSKIN FAN

If Thrash "Bleeds burgundy & Gold" then why did he go to philly? Thats a bunch of b.s. Yes, he's a VERY hard worker but he HAS to be because he has very LITTLE talent. He knows if he doesnt work his ass off he will be gone in 60 seconds:) I'm personally tired of this Thrash loving. No he is not a true redskin and no he is NOT overrated but rather underrated.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but I'm tired of hearing about this guy(especially as a 'true' redskin!)

Actually, its not 100% correct. James was picked up as an undrafted free-agent by the Eagles in 97, and cut before training camp. The Redskins picked him up after the Iggles cut him, and he played 4 unspectacular seasons in DC. He had a "breakout" season in 2000, getting 650 yards receiving on 50 catches -- which is down right maniacal for an Eagle receiver :laugh:, so they signed him! He became a "key member" of their non-superbowl winning teams from 2001-2003. Then in 2004 he came back home when we traded an undisclosed draft pick for him (tf -- I don't think it was a 5th rounder...but maybe? :whoknows: ).

Anyway, Thrash has been a rock-solid special teams player pretty much his entire career, and is what he'll be known for throughout history.

Thats interesting I knew we signed him (missed that part in the original post) but I didnt know the Eagles had him first...

If Thrash "Bleeds burgundy & Gold" then why did he go to philly? Thats a bunch of b.s. Yes, he's a VERY hard worker but he HAS to be because he has very LITTLE talent. He knows if he doesnt work his ass off he will be gone in 60 seconds I'm personally tired of this Thrash loving. No he is not a true redskin and no he is NOT overrated but rather underrated.

I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but I'm tired of hearing about this guy(especially as a 'true' redskin!)

There's two ways to success in this world. The first is to be the most talented Mo-Fo on the field. Thats the easy way. But when you're not that talented, the other way is to be the hardest worker on the field.

James Thrash is the hardest worker on the field. Others may challenge him for that spot, but its not gonna be an easy fight. Thats why the man needs to be appreciated.

If Thrash "Bleeds burgundy & Gold" then why did he go to philly? Thats a bunch of b.s. Yes, he's a VERY hard worker but he HAS to be because he has very LITTLE talent. He knows if he doesnt work his ass off he will be gone in 60 seconds:) I'm personally tired of this Thrash loving. No he is not a true redskin and no he is NOT overrated but rather underrated.

They gave him an oppurtunity to start, he knows he's not that talented and that was a good carreer move. I love Thrash and if I was Coach there would always be a spot on my roster for him.

There's two ways to success in this world. The first is to be the most talented Mo-Fo on the field. Thats the easy way. But when you're not that talented, the other way is to be the hardest worker on the field.

James Thrash is the hardest worker on the field. Others may challenge him for that spot, but its not gonna be an easy fight. Thats why the man needs to be appreciated.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Thrash is great off the ball, when he touches it, i get really scared. A lot of cats hate on his talent...If the guy didnt have talent he wouldnt be here...there are plenty of guys who could not transition from the college game based on pure athletic ability. Give the man his props. Finally work ethic is not necessarily something a player is aware of...I doubt thrash wakes up and says. "boy, i suck. I better work extra hard". Players who think like this usually fail because of lack of confidence, not lack of ability.

I still remember when he downed like 3 punts inside the 5 in one game. he's one hell of a special teamer, and he is adequate as a 4th or 5th reciever. He also was always there for us when we needed a returner, even though he wasn't great in that role. This guy does everything we ask him to do and begs for more.

Gibbs type player. :helmet:

Archived