Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can you support the Skins

Cdowwe

Out of love for my brothers and sisters who may read the first post late and react in this thread...please note that it was started yesterday and reflect on the significance...and then edit away on what you just posted :laugh:

Hey I am "Native American" actually I am an American Indian! First of all the term "Native American" I find more offensive then Redskin!

If you were born here you are a Native American....

Now that thats out of the way....

Redskin is not an offensive term used anywhere. I believe that the team was originaly Boston Redskins....Boston Tea Party....making the connection yet?

This type of retoric (sp?) drives me nuts!

If you think that having American Indian logos or nicknames are offensive why dont you go to a PowWow and check it out. You can watch some native dancing next to a FBI (Full Blooded Indian) wearing a Chiefs Jacket or maybe try some frybread being served by an inidan wearing Skins gear, or maybe Cleveland Indians hat....I mean it drives me crazy...!:gus:

You'll find petitions with important indian issues (gaming...ect..) and stuffed in with them are these Nickname petitions....people are signing the petitions and those get shuffled in!

Is the Nickname Redskin racist? NO! Why arent all the people from Northern Europe upset about the Vikings? Hispanics about the Padres?

The name Redskins is not only offensive, but everytime people hear it we are reminded how badly we treated the Native Americans.

Well, thats not what I think about when I hear the name "Redskins" I think of a FOOTBALL team that has a long and honored tradition. I think of a winning team. I think of the Indian tribes that dont have a problem with the name and of Indians that I know personally that root for the Redskins and the Seminoles. These same Indians laugh at people like you who probably are not even of Native American decent yet bring up controversial topic just to enflame drama. We (I at least)didnt do anything to the Native Americans. English settlers,Spanish conquistadors, other immagrants of other nationalities, and our founding fathers did, your founding fathers did, and yes I feel bad about it, but forcing a team and a fanbase of said team to change its pride, to change tradition, and its face, and everything about it does not solve it. So you are going to forsake your favorate team becasue you met some chick, and she opened your eyes??? :rolleyes: :laugh: Ok fine, grab your purse and get out of here.

Hey guys, Im over 7 foot tall. Im personally offended by the name the "Giants" have. "Giants" is not the preferred nomenclature we like to go by. We like to be called "vertically gifted" I met this bohemoth of a woman, 7'8'' and she has changed how i see things. We are trying to get the Giants to formally apologize to me and my mountain of a woman, and get them to change the name on their website, on the merchandise they sell, and everything else because it huwts us evwy time we see somefing wit "Giants" on it"

Hey guys, Im over 7 foot tall. Im personally offended by the name the "Giants" have. "Giants" is not the preferred nomenclature we like to go by. We like to be called "vertically gifted" I met this bohemoth of a woman, 7'8'' and she has changed how i see things. We are trying to get the Giants to formally apologize to me and my mountain of a woman, and get them to change the name on their website, on the merchandise they sell, and everything else because it huwts us evwy time we see somefing wit "Giants" on it"

Now thats funny....hey I'm Gravatationaly Challanged! Any Fat-***** teams that I can complain to?:laugh:

note: I remember hearing a couple of years ago that PETA was trying to get the packers to change thier name cuz it originated from the Meat Packers (no this isnt a Broke back Mountain joke, but I will laugh a lot next time the Cryboys play the Packers).

Guys, I loved the Ravens until I met a beatiful female scarecrow. She taught me how to live again. She also told me the atrocities of the damn raven birds always crapping on her shoulders. Sorry but I can never root for the Ravens again.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:yikes: :yikes:

:thumbsup:

Ill start a petition!

This is a serious issue. The seriosity can not be overstressed. Seriousness should not be subject to lame humor as it weakens the seriotude on the original intention. In such serio-socio-problemos, a respect for the seriousendiptity is a must. Please treat this manner with the seriosillitude it deserves.

Word to my mother.

I have been a die hard Skins fan for life. But its time to face the cold hard truth. I recently met a female who is native American, and she opened me eyes. The name Redskins is not only offensive, but everytime people hear it we are reminded how badly we treated the Native Americans. We stole their land, massacred thousands, and yet Snyder and Co. still keep the name Redskins. I can not see how anyone can support a team that does this. This being said, Since this site is owned by Snyder, I wont be back. Thanks for the memories.

Its Obvious! This issue has been around for years and it didn't phase this guy. NOW its an issue because its affecting his ability to make a booty call. Follow the motives and you get to the bottom line.:eaglesuck

This is a serious issue. The seriosity can not be overstressed. Seriousness should not be subject to lame humor as it weakens the seriotude on the original intention. In such serio-socio-problemos, a respect for the seriousendiptity is a must. Please treat this manner with the seriosillitude it deserves.

:rubeyes: Seriosity......seriotude.........Seriousillitude......6.gif

:idea:

Out of love for my brothers and sisters who may read the first post late and react in this thread...please note that it was started yesterday and reflect on the significance...and then edit away on what you just posted :laugh:

No worries. I just had to read it 4 times before I got....

Er.... I was with you the whole time. ;)

:laugh:

:rubeyes: Seriosity......seriotude.........Seriousillitude......6.gif

:idea:

No worries. I just had to read it 4 times before I got....

Er.... I was with you the whole time. ;)

laugh:

it was hell while you were gone :laugh:

In a dream-type situation....I would.............Steal the wallet of a flamboyent Cowboys fan, take all credit cards out, and go to the Redskins store in the Dulles town center and max every last one of those puppies out.

Problem is....all cards combined would probably only have a total $500 limit and would already be close to being maxed out.

:laugh:

We stole their land?

Speak for yourself kemo-sabe... my family was in Russia and Europe until the late 20s. (They got run out of both for being of shall we say "unpopular blood"... and emigrated to America. Cry me a river about things stolen.)

If people want the name changed, fine, argue on that, but for crying out loud, lay off the guilt trip of deeds done by great great great great grandparents of people who I would bet are the minority in America. (Descendants of western pioneers as opposed to immigrants who came later).

If you feel that way about it and feel you can't support the team as a result, fine, I can respect that, but enough of the damn blanket of blame.

~Bang

We stole their land?

Speak for yourself kemo-sabe... my family was in Russia and Europe until the late 20s. (They got run out of both for being of shall we say "unpopular blood"... and emigrated to America. Cry me a river about things stolen.)

~Bang

Insert rest of family story here http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2391807#post2391807

And read a little more of the thread.:)

You cartoons rock! Thanks.

hey cdowwe,

You should be embarrassed that it took you to age 22 to figure out what happened to the native Americans. I figured that **** out alone in the 3rd grade. I'm glad you're gone. I don't want stupid fans like you supporting the skins anyways. Hey, is skins offensive? Seeing as how most "redskins" fans refer to their team as the skins.

Words are only offensive when they are in some kind of a context. It depends upon how you were to use the term "redskins", simply naming an organization "redskins" is not offensive.

To all those offended: I'm sorry you're upset about something that happened so a bunch of people you never knew hundreds of years ago. Go get a box of Kleenex, and cry for me; let it all out. If you're still upset, go jump of a f*****g bridge ok; or just support the cowboys, which is just about as well.

Q: How many politically correct a-holes does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: 0, because the politically correct are perpetually in the f*****g dark.

You know, I think that I would be quite honored if someone decided to name a team "The Honky's" or "The Crackers". I do not think that the name is derogetory in any way. "Braves on the Warpath", "Hail victory", these sound like things that if you did associate strictly with American indians would be shown in a very favorable light. Showing the Mighty indians power.

Like Charles Mann said-- If it offends then it should be changed. I for one love the Skins. But, changing the name has far more justification than changing the Name Bullets to the Wizards-- that lame PC excuse by Pollin was a traveshamockery.

Archived